Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Editing Database & No Database, 2 problems/2 stations
Kokomo1
post Feb 2 2009, 02:05 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 13,869

Ok, the first one seems rather simple but I have a new station online VP2 Plus and I am not archiving data. I completely deleted the station and files and started over and still no database. What am I missing...

Second problem is I need to do a mass edit of the database. Is there a way to connect to it in some other application and do a mass edit? One line at a time will be so painfully slow.

--------------------
+1 for +SN
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
talbert1952
post Feb 2 2009, 03:21 PM
Post #2

Group: Founding Member
Member No.: 1,350

QUOTE(Kokomo1 @ Feb 2 2009, 03:05 PM) *
Ok, the first one seems rather simple but I have a new station online VP2 Plus and I am not archiving data. I completely deleted the station and files and started over and still no database. What am I missing...

This typically is a symptom of installing the data logger without removing all power from the console.

Remove all power, including the batteries, from the console. Remove the logger. Wait a minute. Reinstall the logger. When you reinstall the batteries the console should beep 3 times if everything is healthy.

Second problem is I need to do a mass edit of the database. Is there a way to connect to it in some other application and do a mass edit? One line at a time will be so painfully slow.

Search the forum archives. One of the members has written a utility to easily edit and add records to the Weatherlink database.

--------------------
Tom
W4SNA

http://tobaccovilleweather.com/
Davis wireless VP2 with fan aspirated radiation shield, WMR968, Boltek Stormtracker PCI
Weatherlink, VWS, Image Salsa, Lightning/2000

+Quote Post
Kokomo1
post Feb 3 2009, 02:23 PM
Post #3

Group: Member
Member No.: 13,869

Thanks for the tip on the software. I found it and now just have to get it done. sad.gif

The other problem is a wee bit odd. I determined I was only getting 2 beeps when it powered on with the logger and there was no option to modify the baud rate in the set up configuration.

So...

I did purchase an extra console and was using the extra console with the logger. I assumed both were the same since they shared the same part number and looked identical. However putting the data logger in the original console made it work like a charm. Go figure...

I did check for no bent/missing pins and they seem fine. It could be a dud console but guess I won't worry about it now.

Thanks again - Jim

Kokomo-Weather

and

Nothwestern Weather

This post has been edited by Kokomo1: Feb 3 2009, 02:23 PM

--------------------
+1 for +SN

+Quote Post
talbert1952
post Feb 3 2009, 07:56 PM
Post #4

Group: Founding Member
Member No.: 1,350

QUOTE(Kokomo1 @ Feb 3 2009, 03:23 PM) *
I did check for no bent/missing pins and they seem fine. It could be a dud console but guess I won't worry about it now.

Don't let the warranty run out. Go ahead and contact Davis. They will send you a new console to replace the bad one. As I recall you have 30 days to return the bad one.

--------------------
Tom
W4SNA

http://tobaccovilleweather.com/
Davis wireless VP2 with fan aspirated radiation shield, WMR968, Boltek Stormtracker PCI
Weatherlink, VWS, Image Salsa, Lightning/2000

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2018 - 06:42 PM