Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Bad Weekend for Jesse & Henry, Discussing the situation that was posted here
Solution Man
post Feb 2 2009, 01:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 16,882

QUOTE(Bel Air Ravens Fan @ Feb 2 2009, 02:12 PM) *
From Henry:

Monday, February 02, 2009 1:41 PM
It's a Shame that Some People Act Nasty over a Storm

I had chance to read through the hundreds of emails and comments and it saddens me to see so many threats and hatred by people over a snowstorm. So the forecast went bad and went bad for many reasons, some which today, still baffles me. But to have people email me with the garbage that I have read really is not right at all. Quite, honest, it scares me to even post anymore and I really don;t want to post anymore given the shameful comments I have received. Therefore, I am taking a break from blogging about the weather.

Concur....Henry should not be treated in this manner. He is a professional and calls the weather as he sees it.

As I said before weeks ago...too many modeling systems causes information overload.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sbauer
post Feb 2 2009, 01:18 PM
Post #2

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,367

From Henry:

I had chance to read through the hundreds of emails and comments and it saddens me to see so many threats and hatred by people over a snowstorm. So the forecast went bad and went bad for many reasons, some which today, still baffles me. But to have people email me with the garbage that I have read really is not right at all. Quite, honest, it scares me to even post anymore and I really don;t want to post anymore given the shameful comments I have received. Therefore, I am taking a break from blogging about the weather.

That's really quite sad. He loves the weather and got excited about the models. Things changed (happens), and he got a bunch of heat about it. Unbelievable pathetic.

--------------------
Shane
Real Software Developer/Pretend Weather Guy
http://www.shanebauer.com

+Quote Post
cuttingedge
Post #3

Member No.: 12,788

QUOTE(WeatherMatrix @ Feb 2 2009, 02:14 PM) *
I agree, and I have taken a break as well. You can read my diatribe entitled "The Weather Will NOT Be Censored!" here.

I find it really disturbing that people would threaten or display hatred towards you guys.
Just goes to show you what kind of people live in this world.
I personally appreciate everything you guys do and would like for Henry and yourself to continue your Blogs.
Now back to the weather It shows in your posted map that the precip has not ended in My area on Wednesday.
Is that a direct result of the front stalling?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Poconos Blizzard
Post #4

Member No.: 17,252

It is a shame he cant control what happens.

--------------------
Jax Beach, FL

+Quote Post
Blizzard09
post Feb 2 2009, 01:22 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 17,193

People have to realize that predicting the weather is little more than an educated guess, and nobody is to blame for that. I always found Henry's blogs informative, and I am quite upset that he has decided to take a break from updating his blog. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_iceman1_*
Post #6

Guests

QUOTE(Solution Man @ Feb 2 2009, 02:16 PM) *
Concur....Henry should not be treated in this manner. He is a professional and calls the weather as he sees it.

As I said before weeks ago...too many modeling systems causes information overload.

i agree their should be no threats made here to anyone period and i dont blame henry for taking a break. as for the mods here and on henrys blog their should be NO TOLERANCE the mods thould look through all the threads and ban everyone who made threats thats your job

+Quote Post
weatherwatcher24
Post #7

Member No.: 16,387

From Henry I had chance to read through the hundreds of emails and comments and it saddens me to see so many threats and hatred by people over a snowstorm. So the forecast went bad and went bad for many reasons, some which today, still baffles me. But to have people email me with the garbage that I have read really is not right at all. Quite, honest, it scares me to even post anymore and I really don;t want to post anymore given the shameful comments I have received. Therefore, I am taking a break from blogging about the weather.

From Weatherwatcher24: Guys you all need to grow up who are sending him emails and being nasty to the poor guy ok maybe sometimes he over hypes things granted hese a met for very longtime he has alot more knowledge than most of us here just because he has not made the right forecast doesent mean u should be writing him nasty emails. And still no one knows whats going to happen to this upcoming storm because of the models back and forth stuff so we shall see but no one's life or opinon shuld result in emailing the person with threatin messages just my two cents on this nonsense if your going to post on here have some heart to people's opinons and to whats happing

+Quote Post
WadeNG
post Feb 2 2009, 01:23 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 12,453

Sorry to hear about HM. Also sorry if this is off topic. Hopefully no one on these forums sent something nasty to HM. I guess when you talk up a storm and the public has access to follow your blog these things can happen. Hopefully HM can realize most of these people are just low class, scum of the Earth, and can brush off their ignorant remarks. The Internet is home to a lot of nasty people. Stay strong HM! Don't let those people get the better of you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Teacherman
post Feb 2 2009, 01:23 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 12,168

QUOTE(sbauer @ Feb 2 2009, 02:18 PM) *
That's really quite sad. He loves the weather and got excited about it. Things changed (happens), and he got a bunch of *bleep* about it. Unbelievable pathetic.

I agree. He forecasts weather, he doesn't make it happen. Quite frankly, I know this isn't the first time this happened. I commend him for sticking with it. But he shouldn't have to deal with "hate" mail.

And, for "Philly Guy", sorry for being annoyed. I was annoyed with you for being annoyed with me. Stupid, I know. I guess I won't be visiting this forum much anymore, since I cannot get answers. I love the weather, but I do not like how I feel now when I visit this forum. Not real fun.

+Quote Post
Stacey
post Feb 2 2009, 01:24 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 12,142

From Henry:

UGH! See that really upsets me because I really like reading his blog and was mad when he couldnt do it as much as previously. Even more made at listening to people berrate him when everyone else has been wrong as well! He has been pretty dead on with forecasts within a few days however, noone should take a long range forecast as written in the sand anyway!

--------------------
New Haven County CT

+Quote Post
nodaylikeasnoday
post Feb 2 2009, 01:25 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 16,845

It really saddens me that so many people aren't even discussing the weather. This is an impending storm people, regardless of what people say. even if its east, west, north or south right now we need to focus on forecasting. As I am not a moderator I cannot do a thing about what you say. But as a weather enthusiast and student i feel that a forum dedicated to the weather should be used for its purpose, not to make people feel bad about getting a forecast wrong. everyone professional and amateur alike is not perfect. we all want to put in our input and have our voice be heard. but please please please don't hurt everyone who is just looking for answers or asking questions, myself included. that's all i have to say i hope some on here will listen, most will probably not. mellow.gif

+Quote Post
Digityman
post Feb 2 2009, 01:25 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 12,257

QUOTE(Solution Man @ Feb 2 2009, 02:16 PM) *

I do feel for Henry as sometimes he gets so excited that he Wishcasts. He's blogs are entertaining to read but I think I for one, and maybe everyone, should take his posts for what they are. Threats are really not needed or warranted. Posting observations or opinions back to Henry is okay though in my mind. I think that's what the comments section is for. I wonder why Elliot never (or never says) he gets these types of emails or comments? Is it a forecasting difference or a personality difference?

Anyway, up to 38 degrees now. Up 10 degrees in 1:30.
Maine hasn't seen 38 degrees in a while now. Mini heat wave.

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_iceman1_*
post Feb 2 2009, 01:26 PM
Post #13

Guests

QUOTE(iceman1 @ Feb 2 2009, 02:22 PM) *
i agree their should be no threats made here to anyone period and i dont blame henry for taking a break. as for the mods here and on henrys blog their should be NO TOLERANCE the mods thould look through all the threads and ban everyone who made threats thats your job

+Quote Post
anthonysektaaa
post Feb 2 2009, 01:26 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 16,572

It's really sad that so many people actually have to abuse the Mets who blog to give their opinion on the weather. Those people should really examine how well their own thoughts and forecasts on the impending storm went before attacking others.

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_iceman1_*
post Feb 2 2009, 01:30 PM
Post #15

Guests

QUOTE(WeatherMatrix @ Feb 2 2009, 02:14 PM) *
I agree, and I have taken a break as well. You can read my diatribe entitled "The Weather Will NOT Be Censored!" here.

sorry but i dont think you should take a break stay here and do your job as a admin and ban all the people that made the threats

+Quote Post
WNYLakeEffect
post Feb 2 2009, 01:30 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 16,475

OT: I'm reading some of your current temps and I'm thinking "Ahh...How nice it would be to be over 50 degrees".

About Henry:People are being just plain old stupid. Why are they taking it out on Henry? EVERYONE busted big time with this storm. EVERYONE. Henry's a good forecaster, he's usually pretty accurate. What he said when the models showed a blizzard for areas west of the apps, was COMPLETELY CORRECT. There was nothing wrong with it. Next time when the models show a big storm, can we just WAIT to hype, people? Please? Spare yourself the disappointment.

--------------------
Winter 2010-11 Snow: 148.0"
Winter 2009-10 Snow: 128.3"
Winter 2008-09 Snow: 175.0"

+Quote Post
sbauer
post Feb 2 2009, 01:31 PM
Post #17

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,367

QUOTE(Digityman @ Feb 2 2009, 02:25 PM) *
I do feel for Henry as sometimes he gets so excited that he Wishcasts. He's blogs are entertaining to read but I think I for one, and maybe everyone, should take his posts for what they are.

Who cares if he "wishcasts"? He was going off the models that were days out. At the time a big storm was possible. If people don't understand that they should take predictions of storms that are days off with a grain of salt, then they need to stop following the weather. They should just stick to the 24 hour forecast on their local news channel.

He wants a big daddy and he saw on. We all know that things change. If you are bitter that the forecast has changed, then shame on you.

--------------------
Shane
Real Software Developer/Pretend Weather Guy
http://www.shanebauer.com

+Quote Post
jpm0525
post Feb 2 2009, 01:36 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 16,933

From Henry:

Thanks losers, scaring a met enough to shut him down is pathetic. I've been reading his blog since it started, and of course he's often wrong, but at least he was taking the time to do one. Same goes for all the bickering on the forums, it's the weather people. Relax. Agree to disagree.

Sorry to be off topic but I grew up in Bel Air, moved away in '84 during H.S.. Looks like it's grown since then.

I still hate all the IMBY post.

+Quote Post
blizzard63
post Feb 2 2009, 01:38 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 16,675

Off topic
I dont understand what do the mods do , isnt it there job to weed out the bad apples,
they should fing out who wrote those nasty emails and pull their subscription,
Ive been reading Henries blogs for a while now and this really sucks, it was bad enough that he didnt have the same time as he used to now we cant read anything now
Whoever the ones are that did that to henry should be banned PERIOD
This isnt directed at the mods as i dont no the scope of what you guys can do
Ill miss Henry

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_philly weather_*
post Feb 2 2009, 01:38 PM
Post #20

Guests

QUOTE(iceman1 @ Feb 2 2009, 02:22 PM) *

I think its disgraceful that a grown adult would do such a thing. My only hope is that the majority of the threats were from a bunch of immature young kids...........which is very possible! Sometimes a positive can come from a negative. Hopefully, a lesson can be learned here as well.......If you are gonna post a possible 'superstorm' 5 days in advance be prepared to hear some negative( i didn't say insulting or demeaning) feedback. I understand Henry M is a weather enthusiast, but he also needs to be more responsible with his forecasting.......'big daddy' is a term you should not be throwing around 4 days prior to an event. He shoud be more responsible than that. I would expect that from an average poster in the forums or a weather enthusiast, but not a professional meteorologists of his caliber.......just my two cents..........and for those that sent him threats and demeaning letters........GET A LIFE!!

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 06:13 AM