Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Accurate Barometer
Kenneth S
post Apr 30 2016, 02:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 23,294

I've been having some trouble with the barometer on my weather station (VP2) drifting. I have two consoles which rarely agree with each other, and usually differ from surrounding airports. With my closest airport about fifty miles away, accurate calibration can be difficult. I do not wish to make a bad name for Davis, as they are the most accurate and reliable station I know of in all ways besides pressure. I would like to put my data on CWOP, and I do not wish to provide inaccurate data. A meteorologist acquaintance has offered to come calibrate my barometer with an extremely accurate calibrated device, but I'm sure he does not wish to drive 200 miles every month to check my Davis.

Does anyone have a suggestion for an accurate barometer which could be used to check/recalibrate my Davis as needed.

What about mechanical? The Maximum Proteus specifies accuracy of +- .08"Hg. Does anyone have experience with this, or similar? If these specs are to say +.07" in the morning -.07" in the afternoon is a common error, I need something better. If it is still within .08" after 20 years it is far superior to my Davis which sometimes gains .10" in a month (rarely needs to be adjusted "up").

In searching for "accurate barometer" online I've found some electronic instruments in the $2,000 to $4,000 range that are supposed to be good, but I can't afford such at this time. Any experience/suggestions would be much appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th December 2016 - 05:11 AM