Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> INTRODUCE YOURSELF: New Members, Welcome to the Canadian Weather Forums!
travis3000
post Jan 22 2008, 09:33 PM
Post #21

Group: Member
Member No.: 12,822

Any storms comin for southern ontario in the near future? Details...

--------------------
Track winter storms with expert analysis on either one of my two blogs:

http://scglweather.blogspot.com/

Exclusive Southern Ontario Weather Blog

Travis
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Frank
post Jan 23 2008, 05:58 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 12,903

My name is Frank and I live in Northwestern Ontario. This is my first post here. I am having a horrible night so I simply gave in and got out of bed. After checking the weather I noticed the chat room they have here so I am joining in.
We are having a good winter here so far. We could use more snow, but I am not complaining after the dissapointing winters of the past 10 years or so. Some of them could not be called winter but resembled a long fall transitional season into spring or simply the fall/spring season.
I enjoy winter and like to crosscountry ski and spend time at camp in milder weather. There are no forest fires, bugs or mice to deal with in winter. I also enjoy the long evenings in winter. Summers around here can get quite intence.

+Quote Post
richard
post Jan 23 2008, 09:27 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 12,841

Hi, I'm Richard...I live in Fergus, ON...as an avid snowmobiler, I was happy to see the surprise 10 inches of snow yesterday...hopefully we can get our trails open again soon! At least we will have enough for the Antique and Classic Snowmobile Club of Canada 25th Anniversary Vintage Ride at Lake Belwood this Saturday!
Cheers!

--------------------
It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
- John Wooden

+Quote Post
valleyweather
post Jan 23 2008, 01:32 PM
Post #24

Group: Founding Member
Member No.: 1,228

Greetings Weatherverts.....

I am Steve from Kemptville, Ontario about 30 minutes south of Ottawa and close to the NY Border. I have been into weather for over 25 years in Montreal, Saskatchewan and now Ontario...can't believe how old I am and I have the stats to prove it....I maintain a weather blog and write a weekly column for our newspaper. Glad to have a forum to share our weather info.....

--------------------
SB
ValleyWeather
Visit My Website

+Quote Post
nicobar
post Jan 23 2008, 04:12 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 12,595

G'Day,

My name is Lance and I have a problem...my inner child is a meteorologist. Seriously though I live in New Brunswick just outside of Fredericton. My real pet peeve is the snowfall amounts recorded at the airport in Fredericton. One of the last storms they reported 23 cm and we had over 33 cm. They must have a broken ruler!!

I like all the seasons except early spring just too much mud in the woods.

It is really nice to see a traditional maritime winter. It is even more exciting since I have my 2 nieces and nephew visiting from Zambia and this is their first snow experience. It has been an eye opener for them. Mumbi my 13 year old nephew really thinks we are crazy for living here. The weather just changes so much so fast. Like they say here in the maritimes "If you don't like the weather just wait 5 minutes it will change!!" wink.gif

+Quote Post
aruna
post Jan 23 2008, 04:14 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 12,948

Hi everyone (bonjour),

My name is Leo, I live in former Ville Saint-Laurent, Montreal. I am an undergraduate student at McGill University, majoring in Atmospheric Science. Among seasons I would say that early fall is my favorite one. By the way this is my first post here on Accuweather.com !

+Quote Post
Sue
post Jan 23 2008, 07:09 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 12,877

Hi my name is Sue

I am a School Principal and i live in St. John's, Newfoundland

I just love following Accuweather.!!

Condos to Brett on a great Blog!!

+Quote Post
Clynnog
post Jan 23 2008, 07:39 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 12,836

QUOTE(valleyweather @ Jan 23 2008, 01:32 PM) *
Greetings Weatherverts.....

I am Steve from Kemptville, Ontario about 30 minutes south of Ottawa and close to the NY Border. I have been into weather for over 25 years in Montreal, Saskatchewan and now Ontario...can't believe how old I am and I have the stats to prove it....I maintain a weather blog and write a weekly column for our newspaper. Glad to have a forum to share our weather info.....

Steve,

I'm not too far to the north of you in Kanata...sometimes Kemptville is colder at night than Ottawa airport, especially on a clear night with little to no 'urban heat island' in Kemptville versus Ottawa. What is the web address of your weather blog..I'd be interested to view it.

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_mark newby_*
post Jan 24 2008, 04:19 AM
Post #29

Guests

Hi there. Mark from Hamilton, Ontario. Im a huge weather buff...have been all my life. I spend a fair amount of time checking the weather each day.

My favourite season is the fall.

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_snowman28_*
post Jan 24 2008, 01:14 PM
Post #30

Guests

QUOTE(travis3000 @ Jan 21 2008, 09:54 PM) *
Hey everyone. I thought I would create a thread for Canadians to introduce themselves> I will start:

My name is Travis
I live just outside of Alliston, Ontario
My favorite season: WINTER!
feel free to add to it!

MY NAME IS DAN,

I LIVE IN LASALLE, ONTARIO
I HAD TO USE A DETROIT ZIP TO REGISTER BECAUSE THE SITE WONT ACCEPT MY POSTAL CODE.
I LOVE BIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGG SNOW!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Mark1
post Jan 24 2008, 03:27 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 13,016

Hi there. My name is Mark and I live in the 'black-hole' of the weather world....St. John's, Newfoundland. It certainly is proving to be quite the winter wonderland here this year. Tomorrow looks like another 'snow-day' with blizzard warnings in effect already. Environment Canada is predicting 20-25cms with high winds. Here we go, yet again!!!

+Quote Post
travis3000
post Jan 24 2008, 10:20 PM
Post #32

Member No.: 12,822

QUOTE(Mark1 @ Jan 24 2008, 03:27 PM) *
Hi there. My name is Mark and I live in the 'black-hole' of the weather world....St. John's, Newfoundland. It certainly is proving to be quite the winter wonderland here this year. Tomorrow looks like another 'snow-day' with blizzard warnings in effect already. Environment Canada is predicting 20-25cms with high winds. Here we go, yet again!!!

Haha i can only imagine. My girlfriend is from Newfoundland and when she went home for Christmas there was 3 big storms while she was there in a single week! Over 45cm fell in just the time she was there lol. Newfoundland has been gettin hit quite a bit this winter, but I guess your used of it. Well I hope you enjoy your 10th blizzard of the season; I am still praying for my 2nd big snowstorm of the year, it usually never happens but theres always a first...come on snow!!

--------------------
Track winter storms with expert analysis on either one of my two blogs:

http://scglweather.blogspot.com/

Exclusive Southern Ontario Weather Blog

Travis

+Quote Post
sailor pete
post Jan 25 2008, 07:18 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 13,109

Hi There My name is Pete and I live in Cole Harbour Nova Scotia. I enjoy all seasons of the year and really look forward to the spring. I watch the weather very closely as I work at Sea and you kind of get use to watching the weather closely. So far AccuWeather is doing a good job. Sure hope it warms up soon. Have a good one everyone.

+Quote Post
Andrew Schwab
post Jan 25 2008, 09:10 PM
Post #34

Member No.: 12,874

My name is Andrew, I live in Stirling, Alberta, Canada. Don't really have a favorite season or weather. The only thing I hate is cold weather and too hot of weather like when its +40 degrees C or -20+ C. I'm also a Volunteer firefighter where I live.

+Quote Post
aepca
post Jan 26 2008, 12:01 PM
Post #35

Member No.: 380

Hi. I'm Andrew from Winnipeg, Manitoba. When I was younger my favorite season was winter but as I grow older I'm starting to lean more towards summer. Sill enjoy winter but the frigid weather here in Winnipeg can be a bit much after a while.

+Quote Post
Island Gal
post Jan 28 2008, 11:00 AM
Post #36

Member No.: 13,239

Hi everyone. I live in Kings County, Prince Edward Island.Love all the seasons however walking on the beach in March with a strong wind blowing is my favorite place.The problem I have with forecasts is that we have no weather office on PEI.Granted we are a province of around 130,000 however storms on our beautiful Island are not the same as N.S./N.B.Anyway thanks for the forum.My family has always been intersted in forecasting as we relyed on farming and fishing and also lived 500 feet from the Northumberland Strait.

+Quote Post
valleyweather
post Jan 30 2008, 10:24 AM
Post #37

Member No.: 1,228

QUOTE(Clynnog @ Jan 23 2008, 07:39 PM) *
Steve,

I'm not too far to the north of you in Kanata...sometimes Kemptville is colder at night than Ottawa airport, especially on a clear night with little to no 'urban heat island' in Kemptville versus Ottawa. What is the web address of your weather blog..I'd be interested to view it.

Hi you are right...we are often much colder. It is still very rural here despite all the new construction. This my blog.....

http://valleyweather.blogspot.com/

--------------------
SB
ValleyWeather
Visit My Website

+Quote Post
yulegill
post Jan 30 2008, 02:30 PM
Post #38

Member No.: 13,270

Hi my name is liz and i kinda like winter only if it's mild man it's cold like bitterly cold but i also like summer way better it's almost like we are stuck in storm after storm never ending winter

+Quote Post
yulegill
post Jan 30 2008, 02:34 PM
Post #39

Member No.: 13,270

Hi my name is liz and i kinda like winter only if it's mild man it's cold like bitterly cold but i also like summer way better it's almost like we are stuck in storm after storm never ending winter

+Quote Post
writergirl
post Jan 30 2008, 05:28 PM
Post #40

Member No.: 13,287

Hi everyone,

My name is Karen, and I live in Kitchener, Ontario. I was born in Hamilton, so I am pretty familiar with lake effect snow blowing straight down my street. smile.gif

I love the fall, but there's something to be said for wind chills in the minus 40 range. We are a hardy bunch up here in the great white north.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2014 - 10:27 PM