Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com
We have updated our Privacy Policy and our Cookie Policy effective May 25, 2018. Please review them.
X

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Does this make sense,, I HATE MY JOB
FIRECHICKEN
post Jan 9 2010, 02:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 18,851

So they are closing my call center because the company basicly does not need the same amount of employee anymore, cool i understand that, but it really seems weird when we are always in crisis and now they have us working 1 hours extra of mandatory overtime, is it me or does this not make sense,

--------------------
and sheppards we shall be For thee my Lord for thee
Power hath descended forth from thy hand
and our feet will swiftly carry out thy commands
and we will flow a river forth to thee
and teeming with souls shall it ever be
In nomini patri, fili, et spiritus sancti
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
chicos tacos
post Jan 9 2010, 02:55 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 18,692

QUOTE(FIRECHICKEN @ Jan 9 2010, 12:46 PM) *
So they are closing my call center because the company basicly does not need the same amount of employee anymore, cool i understand that, but it really seems weird when we are always in crisis and now they have us working 1 hours extra of mandatory overtime, is it me or does this not make sense,

that sucks...
have you started looking for another job...???
if not what kind of job would you like to get...???

+Quote Post
cavalier
post Jan 9 2010, 02:56 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 18,847

QUOTE(FIRECHICKEN @ Jan 9 2010, 01:46 PM) *

yup I had an hour of LEPC today to leave at 5 instead of six. not i have to work my full schedul plus 1 hour overtime. *bleep*ing damnit

+Quote Post
chicos tacos
post Jan 9 2010, 02:57 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(cavalier @ Jan 9 2010, 12:56 PM) *
yup I had an hour of LEPC today to leave at 5 instead of six. not i have to work my full schedul plus 1 hour overtime. *bleep*ing damnit

today im doing 9 hours of overtime...

+Quote Post
FIRECHICKEN
post Jan 9 2010, 03:00 PM
Post #5

Im cool with mandatory et but not when your laying me off cause you said you can handle the q without my center, just makes me mad, but im going back to school to finish my degree

--------------------

+Quote Post
chicos tacos
post Jan 9 2010, 03:02 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(FIRECHICKEN @ Jan 9 2010, 01:00 PM) *
Im cool with mandatory et but not when your laying me off cause you said you can handle the q without my center, just makes me mad, but im going back to school to finish my degree

what you studying for...???

+Quote Post
FIRECHICKEN
post Jan 9 2010, 03:28 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(chicos tacos @ Jan 9 2010, 03:02 PM) *
what you studying for...???

Fire science technology (paid fireman)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Juniorboy
post Jan 9 2010, 03:41 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 20,787

[quote name='FIRECHICKEN' date='Jan 9 2010, 03:28 PM' post='734609']
Fire science technology (paid fireman)

thats cool. how much more u need to get your degree?

+Quote Post
FIRECHICKEN
post Jan 9 2010, 03:57 PM
Post #9

got 1 year left then im joining a fire academy

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheWatch
post Jan 9 2010, 04:17 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 13,836

QUOTE(FIRECHICKEN @ Jan 9 2010, 11:46 AM) *

Sometimes it's cheaper for them to be short staffed and pay overtime than to up keep additional employees and facilities. Along with the salaries of the ones laid off, the company is also saving any money they pay for benefits, utilities on the building they are housed in and rent on the building. Unfortunately it means their quality of service will go down and that may end up costing them down the road. I find that businesses are often not concerned with "down the road" issues, just putting out fires.

Sorry to hear about the lay off, good luck with your last year of school! (Your new profession will be much more rewarding anyway. smile.gif )

--------------------
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

--Albert Einstein--

+Quote Post
wxdude1964
post Jan 9 2010, 04:27 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 14,395

QUOTE(TheWatch @ Jan 9 2010, 04:17 PM) *
Sometimes it's cheaper for them to be short staffed and pay overtime than to up keep additional employees and facilities. Along with the salaries of the ones laid off, the company is also saving any money they pay for benefits, utilities on the building they are housed in and rent on the building. Unfortunately it means their quality of service will go down and that may end up costing them down the road. I find that businesses are often not concerned with "down the road" issues, just putting out fires.

Sorry to hear about the lay off, good luck with your last year of school! (Your new profession will be much more rewarding anyway. smile.gif )

Yep. My company has run this way for about 8 years now. Average 12-18 vacancies per week. dry.gif
Have 160 hourly employees, so running around 10 percent short.
LOTS of OT, little time off for those of us there.

This post has been edited by wxdude1964: Jan 9 2010, 04:28 PM

--------------------
Snowfall 2007-2008 season-11.4 inches
Snowfall 2008-2009 season-13.1 inches
Snowfall 2009-2010 season-68.6 inches
Snowfall 2010-2011 season-19.5 inches
Snowfall 2011-2012 season-16.5 inches.
Snowfall 2012-2013 season-25.9 inches.
Snowfall 2013-2014 season-41.1 inches.
Snowfall 2014-2015 season-33.7 inches.
Snowfall 2015-2016 season-33.4 inches.
Snowfall 2016-2017 season-06.4 inches.

+Quote Post
Papa_Bear
post Jan 9 2010, 05:13 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 19,382

Sorry about your job buddy...glad your gonna finish school and getting your degree

--------------------
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

+Quote Post
FIRECHICKEN
post Jan 10 2010, 12:12 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(Papa_Bear @ Jan 9 2010, 05:13 PM) *
Sorry about your job buddy...glad your gonna finish school and getting your degree

Dont be sorry for me im not, this is what i needed to get my but into gear to go back, the thing that sucks is i gotta wait till summer before i can start school but you gotta do what you gotta do

--------------------

+Quote Post
SFhyph
post Jan 10 2010, 12:17 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 18,192

Thats dish!

--------------------
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assalent, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven". Such is the Rule of Honor.

+Quote Post
Papa_Bear
post Jan 10 2010, 01:25 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(FIRECHICKEN @ Jan 10 2010, 12:12 PM) *
Dont be sorry for me im not, this is what i needed to get my but into gear to go back, the thing that sucks is i gotta wait till summer before i can start school but you gotta do what you gotta do

I see whatcha mean...but now ya gotta look for another job with how bad the economy is...But yup gotta do what ya gotta do.....its worth it ya know...education is important.....I mat wanna go for my Doctorate in a bit...looking into current programs

--------------------
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

+Quote Post
FIRECHICKEN
post Jan 10 2010, 01:38 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(Papa_Bear @ Jan 10 2010, 01:25 PM) *
I see whatcha mean...but now ya gotta look for another job with how bad the economy is...But yup gotta do what ya gotta do.....its worth it ya know...education is important.....I mat wanna go for my Doctorate in a bit...looking into current programs

Good luck with that, thats what my mom is doing,

--------------------

+Quote Post
Papa_Bear
post Jan 10 2010, 02:23 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(FIRECHICKEN @ Jan 10 2010, 01:38 PM) *
Good luck with that, thats what my mom is doing,

thats awesome that your mom is doing that...good for her...my issue is what I wanna study, I have my BS in Criminal Justice but just not sure what to get a Doctorate in...I was thinking about, Criminal Psychology, of relationship/sex therapist

--------------------

+Quote Post
Demon
post Jan 30 2010, 08:05 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 21,141

LOL i need to get my *bleep* into gear as well been at dish for a year and they are working me....I like the paychecks but getting kicked out of the Engineering school was not worth it sad.gif .... and now cant get back to it becasue of low grades and the jobs' crazy over time....thinking of going to criminal justice instead or business... but with horrible economy i jsut dont know.

--------------------
I am a Player and a Winner, I am a Saint and a Sinner. I am a Maker and a Taker. I am a Heartbreaker!

+Quote Post
jdrenken
post Jan 30 2010, 09:10 PM
Post #19

Group: Founding Member
Member No.: 14,521

QUOTE(FIRECHICKEN @ Jan 9 2010, 02:46 PM) *

The state unemployment office should be able to help you continue your education. When our call center got closed in 2003, the state came in and gave education benefits for high demand jobs like CIS and healthcare. I should've picked healthcare.

--------------------
For the record...I AM THE MISSOURI MAULER!

It's a work in progress!

Have a question? Look at our FAQ first.

The Utility of the Bering Sea and East Asia Rules in Long-Range Forecasting
Organicforecasting Blog

If it is important enough to you, you will find a way. If it is not, you will find an excuse.

+Quote Post
TheWatch
post Jan 31 2010, 11:13 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 13,836

QUOTE(Demon @ Jan 30 2010, 05:05 PM) *
LOL i need to get my *bleep* into gear as well been at dish for a year and they are working me....I like the paychecks but getting kicked out of the Engineering school was not worth it sad.gif .... and now cant get back to it becasue of low grades and the jobs' crazy over time....thinking of going to criminal justice instead or business... but with horrible economy i jsut dont know.

Don't go for a business degree, everybody goes for a business degree and unless you're really competitive it won't do you a lot of good. Talk with a school couselor, try to sweet talk them into giving you another chance. If that doesn't work, see what they'd recommend doing about your Engineering degree. Don't let the crummy job you have now ruin your chances for the job you actually want or else you'll always be at that crummy job.

--------------------
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

--Albert Einstein--

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th August 2018 - 05:56 PM