Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com
We have updated our Privacy Policy and our Cookie Policy effective May 25, 2018. Please review them.
X

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

21 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Post quotes here!
Papa_Bear
post Feb 28 2010, 12:19 PM
Post #21

Group: Member
Member No.: 19,382

Mark Twain -
- Golf is a good walk spoiled.

--------------------
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
raughammer
post Feb 28 2010, 12:23 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 14,542

"To say that the United States should be answerable for twenty-five millions of dollars without knowing whether the ways and means can be provided, and without knowing whether those who are to succeed us will think with us on the subject, would be rash and unjustifiable." --James Madison

--------------------
In his farewell address (September 19, 1796), President George Washington told the nation: "Reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle. . . . Virtue or morality is a necessary spring of popular government."

+Quote Post
Papa_Bear
post Feb 28 2010, 12:25 PM
Post #23

We can cure physical diesases with medicine, but the only cure for loneliness, despair, and hopelessness is love. There are many in the world who are dying for a piece of bread, but there are many more dying for a little love>

Mother Teresa

--------------------
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

+Quote Post
raughammer
post Feb 28 2010, 12:33 PM
Post #24

What is the good of telling the ships how to steer so as to avoid collisions if, in fact, they are such crazy old tubs that they cannot be steered at all? What is the good of drawing up, on paper, rules for social behaviour, if we know that, in fact, our greed, cowardice, ill temper, and self-conceit are going to prevent us from keeping them? ...nothing but the courage and unselfishness of individuals is ever going to make any system work properly. —C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

--------------------
In his farewell address (September 19, 1796), President George Washington told the nation: "Reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle. . . . Virtue or morality is a necessary spring of popular government."

+Quote Post
Papa_Bear
post Feb 28 2010, 12:35 PM
Post #25

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Abraham Lincoln

--------------------

+Quote Post
cavalier
post Feb 28 2010, 12:40 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 18,847

Some Ronald Reagan quotes

"Before i refuse to take your questions. I have an opening statement."

"How can a President not be an actor?"

"how do you tell a communist? well, its somone who reads Marx, and Lenin. And how do you tell an Anti-Communist? Its somone who understands Marx and Lenin"

"I have left orders to be awakened at any time in case of a national emergency, even if i;'m in a cabinet meeting"

"It's true that hard work never killed anybody, but i figured, why take the chance?"

+Quote Post
Papa_Bear
post Feb 28 2010, 12:44 PM
Post #27

I drink to make other people interesting.

Source Unknown

We shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and the oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.

Winston Churchill

Give them nothing... Take from them everything

leonidas 1st
King of Sparta 17th in the Agiad Line

--------------------

+Quote Post
raughammer
post Feb 28 2010, 01:26 PM
Post #28

I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races, that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.

Lincoln, Abraham (1858-09-18). "Fourth Debate with Stephen A. Douglas". National Park Service.

(I really REALLY do not like that man)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Papa_Bear
post Feb 28 2010, 01:33 PM
Post #29

Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything.

Muhammad Ali

--------------------

+Quote Post
raughammer
post Feb 28 2010, 01:46 PM
Post #30

"A fondness for power is implanted, in most men, and it is natural to abuse it, when acquired." --Alexander Hamilton

--------------------

+Quote Post
Papa_Bear
post Feb 28 2010, 01:57 PM
Post #31

Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except all those others that have been tried from time to time.

Winston Churchill

--------------------

+Quote Post
missy
post Feb 28 2010, 07:28 PM
Post #32

Member No.: 22,103

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empties today of its strength.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't you're right.

In the end the pessimist may have been right but the optimist had a better time on the trip.

--------------------
A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances but, rather, a person with a certain set of attitudes.

+Quote Post
njweatherdude
post Feb 28 2010, 08:18 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 15,827

"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."

-Groucho Marx(I think)

--------------------
The Great Brown Dud of 2011-2012

Everyone else has this thigimabob under their posts so I do too

UNDERSTAND THAT ALL POSTS END WITH "...that's just my humble opinion".

EXPECTATION IS FOR SNOW TO DEVELOP EARLIER THAN EXPECTED...
--A very tired forecaster...

+Quote Post
njweatherdude
post Feb 28 2010, 08:19 PM
Post #34

"The glass is not half-empty of half-full. It's half-unfull."

-Don't ask

This post has been edited by njweatherdude: Feb 28 2010, 08:19 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Papa_Bear
post Feb 28 2010, 08:36 PM
Post #35

“When one door of happiness closes, another opens; But often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us”
- Helen Keller

--------------------

+Quote Post
njweatherdude
post Feb 28 2010, 10:07 PM
Post #36

"You are wise until you open up your mouth and prove otherwise."

-Mark Twain

"...and we're not talking about potato chips".

-Mr. A. F.

This post has been edited by njweatherdude: Feb 28 2010, 10:07 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
cavalier
post Feb 28 2010, 10:26 PM
Post #37

Member No.: 18,847

some quotes from bash.org

DragonflyBlade21: A woman has a close male friend. This means that he is probably interested in her, which is why he hangs around so much. She sees him strictly as a friend. This always starts out with, you're a great guy, but I don't like you in that way. This is roughly the equivalent for the guy of going to a job interview and the company saying, You have a great resume, you have all the qualifications we are looking for, but we're not going to hire you. We will, however, use your resume as the basis for comparison for all other applicants. But, we're going to hire somebody who is far less qualified and is probably an alcoholic. And if he doesn't work out, we'll hire somebody else, but still not you. In fact, we will never hire you. But we will call you from time to time to complain about the person that we hired.

--------------

Rabidplaybunny87: Okay, so my neighbors officially hate me
GarbageStan23: why?
Rabidplaybunny87: Well, me, david and andrew were having a bonfire in the backyard, and we were making s'mores and all... and suddenly we here sirens, and see a firetruck turn into the street in front of us.
Rabidplaybunny87: So we all went running to see what was up, and our neigbor's house was on fire!
GarbageStan23: oh *bleep*!
Rabidplaybunny87: Yeah, and when we got there, the wife was crying into her husbands arms, and we were just kinda standing there, and then she saw us, and then like for 10 seconds, gave us the dirtiest look ever
Rabidplaybunny87: Turns out, we were still holding our sticks with marshmallows on it, watching the fire....
Rabidplaybunny87: talk about bad timing...

-------------

<jeebus> the "bishop" came to our church today
<jeebus> he was a *bleep*en impostor
<jeebus> never once moved diagonally

-------------

<Sonium> someone speak python here?
<lucky> HHHHHSSSSSHSSS
<lucky> SSSSS
<Sonium> the programming language

----------------

<scirDSL> I hated going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me saying "You're next". They stopped that when I started doing it to them at funerals.

--------------

<DaZE> at my school.. the cop from DARE passed around 3 joints to show everyone... and he said "if i dont get all three of these back this schools getting locked down and everyones getting searched till i find it.." and like 30 minutes later when everyone got to see 'em and they got passed back the cop had 4

-----------

<samsim> I heard about this guy who broke into a lion's den at the zoo
<samsim> and got mauled
<samsim> and people were talking about how there should have been better defences put up to prevent people getting into the cage
<samsim> a friend of mine suggested setting up some kind of deterrent
<samsim> for example, putting some sort of fierce animal in the cage, which would attack anybody who climbed in

+Quote Post
raughammer
post Mar 1 2010, 12:47 PM
Post #38

Those bash.org quotes are phunny! laugh.gif

--------------
“A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.” —Second Amendment to the United States Constitution

“The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” —Samuel Adams

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. " --Thomas Jefferson

--------------------

+Quote Post
Not Firewalled
post Mar 1 2010, 04:16 PM
Post #39

Member No.: 18,678

QUOTE(cavalier @ Feb 28 2010, 08:26 PM) *
some quotes from bash.org

--------------
Rabidplaybunny87: Okay, so my neighbors officially hate me
GarbageStan23: why?
Rabidplaybunny87: Well, me, david and andrew were having a bonfire in the backyard, and we were making s'mores and all... and suddenly we here sirens, and see a firetruck turn into the street in front of us.
Rabidplaybunny87: So we all went running to see what was up, and our neigbor's house was on fire!
GarbageStan23: oh *bleep*!
Rabidplaybunny87: Yeah, and when we got there, the wife was crying into her husbands arms, and we were just kinda standing there, and then she saw us, and then like for 10 seconds, gave us the dirtiest look ever
Rabidplaybunny87: Turns out, we were still holding our sticks with marshmallows on it, watching the fire....
Rabidplaybunny87: talk about bad timing...
-------------

<jeebus> the "bishop" came to our church today
<jeebus> he was a *bleep*en impostor
<jeebus> never once moved diagonally
-------------

<scirDSL> I hated going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me saying "You're next". They stopped that when I started doing it to them at funerals.
--------------

<DaZE> at my school.. the cop from DARE passed around 3 joints to show everyone... and he said "if i dont get all three of these back this schools getting locked down and everyones getting searched till i find it.." and like 30 minutes later when everyone got to see 'em and they got passed back the cop had 4

laugh.gif Everyone around me is wondering why I am LMAO right now. I even snorted.

--------------------
"Bees make honey....Do earwigs make chutney? Do spiders make gravy?"

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_bobbarker_*
post Mar 1 2010, 04:45 PM
Post #40

Guests

"Oh fools, the pains which thou takest to hide what thou art, are far greater than would make thee what thou wouldst seem, and the children of wisdom will mock at thy cunning when in the midst of security thy disguise is stripped off, and the finger of derision hath point thee to scorn."

-Akhenanten, Pharoah of Egypt and high priest of Ahten.

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th July 2018 - 10:53 PM