Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> NYC......over/under for top snowiest winter, will nyc accomplish a record breaking snowfall winter?
mr freeze
post Feb 16 2014, 10:44 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
From: Belle Harbor, Queens N.Y. 11694 (right across Marine Park Bridge)
Member No.: 12,802

Ok, I've never opened a thread before so I thought this might be a good time to try doing it. As most know by now, nyc has received 55.6 inches of snow so far this winter season. The question is do you think they will break the old record of 75.6inches recorded in the 1995-96 season? Place your wagers. Vote OVER or UNDER..........

I'll start it off with a bold vote........OVER. while its certainly no guarantee, I just feel the pattern is ripe to realistically make a serious run at it, especially since virtually every storm has overachieved in this area to date!

PS......Jdrenken or any other mod........if you can modify this thread into an actual vote setup that tallies up the votes, please do so as I have no idea how to set up that format. Thanks!

Actually, I have opened 2 threads over the past 6 years but this is my first weather related thread opening!

This post has been edited by mr freeze: Feb 16 2014, 10:50 PM

--------------------
"FOR THE WINTER 2016-17.....If the Nina stays weak.....LOOK OUT! Are we about to finally turn the corner towards cold/snow in March?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NYCSuburbs
post Feb 17 2014, 06:29 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 15,491

I'll go with under... don't think it will quite make it there but it will be close IMO. Going with 60-65" for the winter total at Central Park.

+Quote Post
mr freeze
post Mar 30 2014, 08:30 PM
Post #3

From: Belle Harbor, Queens N.Y. 11694 (right across Marine Park Bridge)
Member No.: 12,802

QUOTE(NYCSuburbs @ Feb 17 2014, 07:29 AM) *
I'll go with under... don't think it will quite make it there but it will be close IMO. Going with 60-65" for the winter total at Central Park.

Congratulations NYCsuburbs on taking the under. Barring an 18 inch blizzard in April, NYC will not even sniff the 1995-96 record. The amazing thing is that NYC has hardly seen a flake since I opened this thread. Truly remarkable! Thankfully, there wasnt a line in Vegas on this wager laugh.gif

--------------------
"FOR THE WINTER 2016-17.....If the Nina stays weak.....LOOK OUT! Are we about to finally turn the corner towards cold/snow in March?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th June 2017 - 09:12 AM