Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V  « < 16 17 18  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Long Range Winter 2014-2015 Outlooks, Forecasts/Trends, Thoughts, Forecasts and Trends
paletitsnow63
post Today, 10:13 AM
Post #341

Group: Member
Member No.: 16,714

QUOTE(mikeyj1220 @ Sep 16 2014, 10:10 AM) *

Nothing directed towards you but towards the article. Please give me a break (directed at article). blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif

The progressive shrinking of Arctic sea ice is bringing colder, snowier winters to North America, the UK and other areas of Europe as this study and some others I have read supposedly show.

As global temperatures have risen, the area of Arctic Ocean covered by ice in summer and autumn has been falling.

Whether conditions will get colder still as ice melts further is unclear as some of these studies have said.

Indeed. Let me say a few things, on the other hand, that are clear:
1. This “science” did not precede the events that it attempts to explain.
2. All mainstream climatologists predicted warmer, less snowy winters for mid latitudes, as the planet progressively warmed.
3. When your side of a debate predicts A and B happens, and then says B resulted from the same causes we were using to predict A and therefore we were right all along, people should think long and hard before accepting the word of such “scientists.”

If you don't believe me try going back 8 or more years and finding "studies" like this that show melting ice in the arctic will cause colder and snowier winters for areas of the mid latitudes. You won't find any such studies like this before 2006. Probably won't find any before 2010.

Sorry for the rant but I had to get it off my chest.

This post has been edited by paletitsnow63: Today, 10:20 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alwaysready126
post Today, 10:42 AM
Post #342

Member No.: 26,177

QUOTE(paletitsnow63 @ Sep 16 2014, 11:13 AM) *
Nothing directed towards you but towards the article. Please give me a break (directed at article). blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif

The progressive shrinking of Arctic sea ice is bringing colder, snowier winters to North America, the UK and other areas of Europe as this study and some others I have read supposedly show.

As global temperatures have risen, the area of Arctic Ocean covered by ice in summer and autumn has been falling.

Whether conditions will get colder still as ice melts further is unclear as some of these studies have said.

2. All mainstream climatologists predicted warmer, less snowy winters for mid latitudes, as the planet progressively warmed.
3. When your side of a debate predicts A and B happens, and then says B resulted from the same causes we were using to predict A and therefore we were right all along, people should think long and hard before accepting the word of such “scientists.”

If you don't believe me try going back 8 or more years and finding "studies" like this that show melting ice in the arctic will cause colder and snowier winters for areas of the mid latitudes. You won't find any such studies like this before 2006. Probably won't find any before 2010.

Well said...

+Quote Post
ClicheVortex2014
post Today, 10:46 AM
Post #343

Member No.: 29,453

QUOTE(paletitsnow63 @ Sep 16 2014, 11:13 AM) *

Haha, seems like everyone here has their own rant about global warming/climate change. IMO, it's too early to know how global warming/climate change affects extremes. We've only been keeping records of most meteorological stuff since 1950, even less for most teleconnections. The Earth is, what, 9 billion years old (depending upon who you ask)? I can see how people can look at the extreme hots/colds we've experienced in the past 20 years and say it's "becoming more common", but 20 years isn't a very large time interval when there's 8,999,999,980 more years unaccounted for.

I love how, in the AOL video, they used the satrical winter forecast that EmpireNews.net posted. Great journalistic skills there, AOL laugh.gif

This post has been edited by ClicheVortex2014: Today, 10:48 AM

--------------------
The Ohio Valley - Home to some of the most extreme severe weather events on record

- The Amazing 1974 "Super" Outbreak
- The June 29 "Super" Derecho
- The "Great" Blizzard of 1978
- The Remnants of Hurricane Ike

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 16 17 18
Reply to this topicStart new topic
26 User(s) are reading this topic (26 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2014 - 12:26 PM