Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com
We have updated our Privacy Policy and our Cookie Policy effective May 25, 2018. Please review them.
X

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Teleconnections, Basic understandings
so_whats_happeni...
post Jan 14 2018, 07:17 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 14,460

Hey all,

Im not sure if many of you guys/gals take a gander at different threads and forums out there on many of the topics we even discuss in our threads but this was a really fascinating one. I personally love THIS forum as it has helped me with understanding so much of what pertains to strato and other ideas. In fact this is the site I gathered the info from for creating a strat thread. Added a little flare here and there but the person who created those threads did a remarkable job and felt the information needed to be shared with everyone.

I know many dont visit certain threads because of mockery or certain individuals bringing threads down, but with a good mod team that can all be handled. I implore many of you to take a gander in this forum at some of the fascinating discussions on basic teles and even take a hop over to the strat thread. ( Not to detract you from this forum but to expand on knowledge you must seek it)

If anyone would like to contribute to this we can hopefully lock this in as one of the few things we have here in LR discussion since many come to visit this thread versus the others that are just never opened or seen. I would think not having major discussion on local impacts, as that can be kept to the individual threads created, but there may be sometimes posts get duplicated because it can fit into multiple places just please keep discussion to teles and there role on weather globally and regionally and keep the local stuff elsewhere as we do in the strato thread.

I have been gathering information over the past couple months and will probably sometime soon post a whole list of tele observations and precursors to help better understand the roles they play and the interactions between them. Maybe ill start up a site or a blog or something with all that info but please do feel free to check this out. Can click THIS above or the link below.

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/89161...ground-signals/

This post has been edited by so_whats_happening: Jan 14 2018, 07:22 PM

--------------------
Tylor Cartter

B.S. in Meteorology
Millersville University

Weather Observer:
KMDT: Harrisburg International Airport
KBWI: Baltimore/ Washington International Airport

Stratosphere Discussion:
2016/2017
2017/2018

AccuWeather Forum MidAtl/NE Snowfall Forecasting Champion Winter 2017
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jdrenken
post Jan 14 2018, 07:21 PM
Post #2

Group: Founding Member
Member No.: 14,521

QUOTE(so_whats_happening @ Jan 14 2018, 06:17 PM) *
Hey all,

Im not sure if many of you guys/gals take a gander at different threads and forums out there on many of the topics we even discuss in our threads but this was a really fascinating one. I personally love THIS forum as it has helped me with understanding so much of what pertains to strato and other ideas. In fact this is the site I gathered the info from for creating a strat thread. Added a little flare here and there but the person who created those threads did a remarkable job and felt the information needed to be shared with everyone.

I know many dont visit certain threads because of mockery or certain individuals bringing threads down, but with a good mod team that can all be handled. I implore many of you to take a gander in this forum at some of the fascinating discussions on basic teles and even take a hop over to the strat thread. ( Not to detract you from this forum but to expand on knowledge you must seek it)

If anyone would like to contribute to this we can hopefully lock this in as one of the few things we have here in LR discussion since many come to visit this thread versus the others that are just never opened or seen.

I have been gathering information over the past couple months and will probably sometime soon post a whole list of tele observations and precursors to help better understand the roles they play and the interactions between them. Maybe ill start up a site or a blog or something with all that info but please do feel free to check this out. Can click THIS above or the link below.

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/exp...41200%26HH%3D84

The first link takes us to weatheronline.uk.

--------------------
For the record...I AM THE MISSOURI MAULER!

It's a work in progress!

Have a question? Look at our FAQ first.

The Utility of the Bering Sea and East Asia Rules in Long-Range Forecasting
Organicforecasting Blog

If it is important enough to you, you will find a way. If it is not, you will find an excuse.

+Quote Post
so_whats_happeni...
post Jan 14 2018, 07:23 PM
Post #3

Group: Member
Member No.: 14,460

QUOTE(jdrenken @ Jan 14 2018, 09:21 PM) *
The first link takes us to weatheronline.uk.

Fixed sorry about that guess it was still on the site I wanted to save earlier. If we can keep it clean and have folks posting in here overtime I think this will be beneficial for everyone, but Ill let you be the judge if this needs to change.

This post has been edited by so_whats_happening: Jan 14 2018, 07:24 PM

--------------------
Tylor Cartter

B.S. in Meteorology
Millersville University

Weather Observer:
KMDT: Harrisburg International Airport
KBWI: Baltimore/ Washington International Airport

Stratosphere Discussion:
2016/2017
2017/2018

AccuWeather Forum MidAtl/NE Snowfall Forecasting Champion Winter 2017

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th July 2018 - 04:04 PM