Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Are Your Top 3 Most Memorable Weather Events of 2014, Reflect upon the weather events of 2014 here...
ClicheVortex2014
post Dec 6 2014, 11:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 29,453

It can be weather YOU personally observed, or weather events you watched unfold. 2014 was really boring for observing weather where I live... so the most memorable moments for me was mostly tracking online.

3) The April 27/28 tornado outbreak... the first topic I've participated in on this forum. The amount of hook echoes that day was amazing.

2) The May 14th EF3 tornado in Cedarville, Ohio. I watched (on radar) the supercell gain rotation directly over my house, only to later drop a tornado tens of miles away from me.

1) Hands down the most memorable for me... watching the NE Nebraska outbreak on June 16th unfold. This one produced twin (close proximity) EF4 tornadoes. The sounding done in that area 2 hours before the tornadoes formed is the most amazing I've ever personally seen... and probably among the most intensely tornadic soundings on record. Definitely a historic event.

Video of TWC's coverage of the event... includes velocity scans of the supercells AND live footage from storm chasers in the area. If you want to see the tornadoes, skip to about 25 minutes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIvganPLh5A

What are yours?

This post has been edited by ClicheVortex2014: Dec 6 2014, 11:44 PM

--------------------
The Ohio Valley - Home to some of the most extreme severe weather events on record

- The 1974 Super Outbreak (read more)
- The 2012 "Super" Derecho
- The "Great" Blizzard of 1978
- The Remnants of Hurricane Ike
- ILN Severe Weather Climatology ('80-'06)
Enhanced risk days: 0
Moderate risk days: 0
High risk days: 0
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st December 2014 - 08:20 PM