Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

31 Pages V  « < 29 30 31  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mar 10-12 Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm(s), Possibility: Medium Range [4-8 Days Out] FORECAST
RobB
post Mar 11 2017, 09:30 AM
Post #601

Group: Founding Member
Member No.: 16

QUOTE(grace @ Mar 11 2017, 08:37 AM) *
I had some heavy snow this morning that gave me 1.5 in about 50 minutes.

I am glad you got to see some good rates! How much snow on the season down your way?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
StL weatherjunki...
post Mar 11 2017, 09:46 AM
Post #602

Member No.: 6,288

QUOTE(grace @ Mar 11 2017, 09:37 AM) *
I had some heavy snow this morning that gave me 1.5 in about 50 minutes.

Definitely a winning scenario there, probably what's moving through nashville at the moment?

I'm getting steady light-moderate snow with a dusting on elevated surfaces and a nice wintry scene.

--------------------
All model guidance is just that, guidance. It is the responsibility of the forecaster to take that information, make it better, and to appropriately communicate the forecast to the users.

Fervent supporter of the idea to make GFS output beyond hour 168 proprietary! Anyone wanting to post/share/tweet/etc GFS output beyond day 7 should have 1) a limited set of graphics available with the option to 2) contribute a nominal fee to get a full suite of products while improving future GFS output. #EURObusinessfor-the-win

+Quote Post
grace
post Mar 11 2017, 09:58 AM
Post #603

Group: Member
Member No.: 21,017

QUOTE(RobB @ Mar 11 2017, 08:30 AM) *
I am glad you got to see some good rates! How much snow on the season down your way?

Lol...that's the biggest snow of the winter for me!

We had an inch back in JAN during this same cycle

This post has been edited by grace: Mar 11 2017, 09:59 AM

+Quote Post
grace
post Mar 11 2017, 10:01 AM
Post #604

Member No.: 21,017

All in all...I'm just glad to see some flakes. wink.gif

+Quote Post
RobB
post Mar 11 2017, 10:13 AM
Post #605

QUOTE(grace @ Mar 11 2017, 10:01 AM) *
All in all...I'm just glad to see some flakes. wink.gif

I thought that you were indeed having a down snow year. Glad you have received your flakes plus! Who would have thought I would be one of the lucky ones to have seen a bit over 11 inches. rolleyes.gif Rough season..

+Quote Post
ohiobuckeye45
post Mar 11 2017, 10:40 AM
Post #606

Member No.: 13,767

GFS...Tennessee....In March...bigger storm most of all all season...

This post has been edited by ohiobuckeye45: Mar 11 2017, 10:41 AM
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
StL weatherjunki...
post Mar 11 2017, 10:41 AM
Post #607

QUOTE(grace @ Mar 11 2017, 10:58 AM) *
Lol...that's the biggest snow of the winter for me!

We had an inch back in JAN during this same cycle

This event is shaping up to be my largest event as well. Looks like I'm set up for light to moderate snow for most of the day and temperatures are actually 27F so accumulations on trees and whatnot is not plaster type snow.

It's very pretty but I really would have preferred this type of event in January! Oh well, beggars can't be choosers. I'm glad to see flakes flying too!

--------------------
All model guidance is just that, guidance. It is the responsibility of the forecaster to take that information, make it better, and to appropriately communicate the forecast to the users.

Fervent supporter of the idea to make GFS output beyond hour 168 proprietary! Anyone wanting to post/share/tweet/etc GFS output beyond day 7 should have 1) a limited set of graphics available with the option to 2) contribute a nominal fee to get a full suite of products while improving future GFS output. #EURObusinessfor-the-win

+Quote Post
StL weatherjunki...
post Mar 11 2017, 11:12 AM
Post #608

Also, I would be so mad if I were in St. Louis right now. This heavy snow band is just miles south of my parents house.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
ohiobuckeye45
post Mar 11 2017, 11:39 AM
Post #609

Member No.: 13,767

QUOTE(StL weatherjunkie @ Mar 11 2017, 11:12 AM) *
Also, I would be so mad if I were in St. Louis right now. This heavy snow band is just miles south of my parents house.

nice spot your in given the situation

+Quote Post
StL weatherjunki...
post Mar 11 2017, 03:32 PM
Post #610

QUOTE(ohiobuckeye45 @ Mar 11 2017, 12:39 PM) *
nice spot your in given the situation

Ended up mostly to my south here in Columbia as well, but I still managed a nice wintry scene this morning and the trees are still covered.

Can't complain for March I guess rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kazairl
post Mar 11 2017, 05:47 PM
Post #611

Member No.: 23,740

Woke up to the ground covered with snow early this morning in Paducah. Snow was all gone by midafternoon. All the flowers on that tulip tree are probably going to die and turn dark brown, as we are expecting hard freezes tonight, Tuesday night, and Wednesday night. Snow may look deeper than it is because I mowed the yard Thursday afternoon. This might pass the 0.2 inches on January 5 as our biggest snow of the season.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
RobB
post Mar 11 2017, 05:49 PM
Post #612

QUOTE(Kazairl @ Mar 11 2017, 05:47 PM) *
Woke up to the ground covered with snow early this morning in Paducah. Snow was all gone by midafternoon. All the flowers on that tulip tree are probably going to die and turn dark brown, as we are expecting hard freezes tonight, Tuesday night, and Wednesday night. Snow may look deeper than it is because I mowed the yard Thursday afternoon. This might pass the 0.2 inches on January 5 as our biggest snow of the season.

Attached Image

Very picturesque,

Thanks for sharing!

+Quote Post
AROzarks
post Mar 11 2017, 05:57 PM
Post #613

Member No.: 30,125

Have about a half inch here in Cotter, Ar... I did not believe it would even snow, and it's still snowing ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Kazairl
post Mar 12 2017, 05:07 PM
Post #614

Member No.: 23,740

NWS report at the Paducah airport (as reported in Accuweather's history) was 0.6 inches of snow. That makes yesterday the biggest snow event of this season for Paducah. I absolutely refuse to call 0.6 inches a snowstorm.

+Quote Post

31 Pages V  « < 29 30 31
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2017 - 04:02 AM