Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Golf Meet Up Weather Forecast, 6/30-7/3 Forecast Contest
Undertakerson
post Jun 20 2015, 10:04 AM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 21,746

Well gang, it's finally looking like it's going to happen! The much discussed, ballyhood and otherwise hyped golf throw down challenge is scheduled. Plans are being finalized as I type this. ohmy.gif

MidAtl members ST, RyanDuff, rtcemc, and yours truly will be slamming off the tee boxes and hacking up the fairways on 7/1/2015.

With due apologies for not being able to arrange a full out forum member outing, I thought you might like to participate, however tangentially, through this thread.

Here are some suggested subject on which you can provide your outlook (trying to keep the weather theme in here somewhere)

On the day of the outing ( in E PA) the weather Gods will:

A) Smile favorably upon the foursome - upper 70's, partly cloudy, slight breeze

cool.gif Exact vengeance upon the foursome - lower to mid 70's, moderate rain with ch/tshower, winds N >10mph

C) Make life miserable during the round - mid 80's, humid, no breeze

D) Who cares? I was not invited so it's raspberries, to each of them.

AND to keep it silly

Forecast the biggest gaff (as decided among the outing group) will be seen, on course, that day.

Or you could just put up general forecast thoughts - (remember this will be in East Central PA).

UTS

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MaineJay
post Jun 22 2015, 04:48 AM
Post #2

Group: Member
Member No.: 28,288

I'm going with B, Exact vengeance upon the foursome - lower to mid 70's, moderate rain with ch/tshower, winds N >10mph. laugh.gif

And not because I don't like you guys, but it would feel like a "karmic injustice" to have a "weather foursome" on the course and have gorgeous weather. Just saying. tongue.gif

Biggest gaff, ST makes a hilariously randy joke on the 5 hole, that borders on inappropriate.

Other possibilities, a debate on "mulligan rules" in the first tee box, Duff loses a shoe in a water hazard, one Bruce "Caitlyn" Jenner reference, and a discussion on whether or not hybrid clubs are "girly".

Seriously though, hope the weather does cooperate for you fellas, and you keep the political discussions light. laugh.gif have a blast!

--------------------
"z = z2 + c" - Benoit Mandelbrot

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th June 2017 - 12:16 AM