Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> AccuWeather TV Launched
PlanetMaster
post Mar 10 2015, 03:53 AM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 25,093

Was pleasantly surprised to see this in my email this morning from Verizon.

Dear Valued Verizon Customer,

Verizon’s agreements to carry The Weather Channel and Weather Scan have expired, and have not been renewed. In today’s environment, customers are increasingly accessing weather information not only from their TV but from a variety of online sources and apps. Verizon is therefore pleased to launch the new AccuWeather Network, which will be available on FiOS® TV on channel 119/619 (HD) and on our free FiOS Mobile App starting March 10, 2015. Verizon will also provide the FiOS TV WeatherBug “widget” application, which features hyper-local weather, on FiOS TV channel 49. WeatherBug can also be launched by pressing the “widget” button on the FiOS TV remote.

Sincerely,

Your Verizon Team

Wonder if Margusity will be on air, that'll be a hoot!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
4Oct1987
post Mar 10 2015, 01:18 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 29,240

I just saw an article about this on nj.com.

The Weather Channel wants FiOS customers to call and complain - but they sure won't get a call from me. I'm quite happy about this - TWC's general lack of "weather" has frustrated me to no end.

+Quote Post
PlanetMaster
post Mar 10 2015, 01:23 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 25,093

QUOTE(4Oct1987 @ Mar 10 2015, 02:18 PM) *
I just saw an article about this on nj.com.

The Weather Channel wants FiOS customers to call and complain - but they sure won't get a call from me. I'm quite happy about this - TWC's general lack of "weather" has frustrated me to no end.

I agree, TWC is more like a game show now and its hard to get a real forecast listening to all the scripted babble.

Update: Just wanted to let users know I finally got to check out the channel and I am quite impressed. Real weather and information. Bernie Rayno segments are excellent. I know its only day one and expect them to tweak and build a format but I am happy as a pig in you know what. I love the coverage and the fact that its straight weather and not glitz and pompoms is refreshing.

Great start Accuweather, looking forward to more!!! Cheers!

This post has been edited by PlanetMaster: Mar 10 2015, 09:14 PM

+Quote Post
LUCC
post Mar 11 2015, 09:51 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 16,588

How long before we see Rayno or Margusity rolling around in the snow making snow angels and stating they'd rather witness thundersnow instead of winning 500 million dollars? LMAO

--------------------
Winter Totals:
Winter '14-'15 Snow total: 41.5"
Winter '13-'14 Snow total: 62"

+Quote Post
east coast storm
post Mar 11 2015, 11:12 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 22,816

QUOTE(PlanetMaster @ Mar 10 2015, 02:23 PM) *
I agree, TWC is more like a game show now and its hard to get a real forecast listening to all the scripted babble.

Update: Just wanted to let users know I finally got to check out the channel and I am quite impressed. Real weather and information. Bernie Rayno segments are excellent. I know its only day one and expect them to tweak and build a format but I am happy as a pig in you know what. I love the coverage and the fact that its straight weather and not glitz and pompoms is refreshing.

Great start Accuweather, looking forward to more!!! Cheers!

Unfortunately, my cable provider here in Florida is not carrying the new Accuweather
channel.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd July 2015 - 05:43 AM