Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

66 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Upstate New York DiScussion Thread, Talk About Weather In Upstate New York
apeaslee
post Oct 15 2008, 04:48 PM
Post #41

Group: Member
Member No.: 14,376

the weather sure has been pleasantly mild during the day and staying mild at night the past 4 days now.but from sunday into this afternoon,i been having cloudy skys from morning into early afternoon,then during the afternoon is when the sun finally comes back out blazing with air temps staying in the mid-upper 30s.so i had another high today of 68.5 degrees as of 430pm,its hard to believe that this is the 4th day in a row now of 68.5 degrees.i was looking at the sat pic imagery,i can see the low rotating just south of james bay,the frontal boundry is on a slant,therfor taking its time of reaching the area.so it could take till tomorrow afternoon or tomorrow night by the time it pushes thru the area with much colder weather
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 17 2008, 04:48 PM
Post #42

so after a few mild days,and a few mild nights,the cold airmass has arrived,although not the true artic airmass.i saw the cold front with the low pressure system coming my way thursday morning,the rain overspreaded my area by 1030am,then the rain came down heavier and steadier and lasted till 1245pm with a quick 0.75 quarters of an inch of rain.then i had some rain showers that lasted till 230pm,and the rain was all over and done with.the skys did brighten up a bit,the sun tried to come out during 430-530pm late yesterday afternoon while air temps rebounded back into the mid 60s.the cold airmass took awhile to push in here,so it took till after midnight last night into this morning for it to get drastically colder outside with windy conditions.so my air temps remained in the mid 60s from late thursday afternoon into mid evening,then fell back several degrees,it was still 49.6 degrees after 11pm last night just before i went to sleep.then i awakened this morning,and all of sudden its windy and colder outside.my air temps fell down to 36.3 degrees this morning at 610am.then it was partly sunny,windy and chilly today with a high of 58.5 degrees at 220pm this afternoon.the skys have cleared off now,the winds are calming down and pretty soon the winds will be calm with radiational cooling as air temps drop like a rock.my air temps are 44.4 degrees as of 650pm,while dewpoints are 29.6 degrees.it looks like i could be hit with my first hard frost by tomorrow morning.so if this is true,then it will end the growing season

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 17 2008, 11:03 PM
Post #43

i noticed alot lately in the news about the ice melting in artic north,because i recently seen it was mentioned in the news again that alot more ice was melting again which could eventually have an impact on the weather in the northeast including my area.but the cold airmass is definitely sinking in here,i have clear skys and cold temps.i think i can pretty much say that by 6am,i will be hit with my first hard frost of the season which will put an end to my growing season.my growing season still is going,my morny glorys are still growing strong the past few mornings.i can still all different kinds of flowers still growing,plus the flower beds,and sunflowers.my air temps are 29.1 degrees as of 105am,my dewpoints are 24.4 degrees.a hard frost is imminent for the area

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 18 2008, 05:16 AM
Post #44

well it finally happened,i was hit with a real good hard frost this time.see,before i was hit with scattered frost,therefor most everything outdoors was still escaping the hard frost where it couldve ended the growing season.so my growing season lasted till yesterday oct 17th,and now on oct 18 its official that my growing season has ended.my air temps were already at 31 degrees shortly after 11pm last night,so the frost was already starting to come in,then after midnight it was 29 degrees and the frost was coming in a bit heavier and i could also see big plumes of steam coming off the river.then by 4am this morning,the air temps were 26.4 degrees.then it was 25.5 degrees just over 2hrs ago,so during 5-6am the air temps began to fall below 25 degrees.so right now,my air temps are 24.6 degrees as of 705am,so my air temps havnt dropped anymore as far as i can during the past 10 minutes.its supposed to be sunny and chilly today with air temps in the mid-upper 40s,some cloudy conditions expected this evening should clear off later on tonight,then air temps should drop like a rock late at night into tomorrow morning.the air temps should recover into the low-mid 50s sunday afternoon with alotta sunshine,then air temps drop off like a rock sunday night into monday morning that could be coldest air temps so far this season.

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 18 2008, 05:23 AM
Post #45

the potential exists for snow tuesday night into wednesday morning,its still way to early to know exact amounts at this time since the surface is still pretty warm to support accumulating snow on the ground.so what ever snow that does fall tuesday night into wednesday morning will probably stick to the grass and some ground surface up untill wednesday morning,then quickly melt by mid wednesday morning.well unless the cold front stalls to my south,then a low pressure system forms along it and heads towards the nj coast with moisture overspreading the area late tuesday afternoon into tuesday night.then the low develops into a classic blockbuster nor'easter dumps alotta snow in the area late tuesday night into all day wednesday.but right now,it looks like wet snow that wont amount to anything tuesday night into wednesday morning.im just saying the other scenario is possible and could happen.

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 18 2008, 06:37 PM
Post #46

had sunny skys all day long today with breezy conditions with a high of 55.5 degrees at 1pm.then the air temps began to fall afterwards back down thru the 40s.the skys are expected to be clear,calm and cold tonight,i still might experience some breezy conditions during the early evening.my air should drop back into the mid 20s by tomorrw morning,but depending on clouds and breezy conditions,the air temps could hold up near 40 degrees thru 9pm.

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 18 2008, 06:39 PM
Post #47

i had some mid-high clouds pass thru the area during the past couple of hours,the winds have picked up a little bit,so i do have 5-6mph breezys which is keeping the airmass mixing and not allowing for air temps fully drop off just yet.so my air temps are 41.5 degrees,my dewpoints are 25.5 degrees

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 18 2008, 09:03 PM
Post #48

i been having clear skys,but the breezy conditions still continue at about 3-6mph with gusts to 8-10mph which is mixing up the air a bit.i can see the low pressure with the boundary well off the east coast heading northeast which indicates as to why i might be having light breezes from my north tonight.so untill the wind totally slackens off,i dont know if i will get as cold tonight into tomorrow morning as i did last night into this past morning.so it looks like right now,my air temps will probably drop back to may 28 degrees by 6 or 7am tomorrow morning.but if the wind fully diedown shortly,then i should have no problem of being 6-7 degrees colder than what i suggested for tomorrow morning lows.my air temps are 35.4 degrees as of 1105pm,while my dewpoints are 25.1 degrees

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 19 2008, 04:46 AM
Post #49

the airmass last night into this morning didnt get as cold as the night before into yesterday morning.the reason why,the breezy conditions started up 12hrs ago and its still breezy outside,therefor the air temps were a few degrees milder this morning compared to yesterday morning.i had a morning low of 29 degrees at 535am with breezy conditions with frost.im expected to have partly-mostly sunny skys with air temps in the mid-upper 40s.it looks like,i will have clear skys,no winds with excellent raditional cooling tonight into tomorrow morning with air temps nose diving to 20 degrees by monday morning.my air temps are 30.3 degrees as of 647am,while my dewpoint temps are 23.5 degrees

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 19 2008, 05:01 PM
Post #50

today was a rather cold one,it was really beginning to feel alot like winter outside.i had alotta sunshine with some high clouds passing by from time to time,but it sure was windy and cold outside today with air temps only making it to 43.5 degrees at 1250pm.so if i had a low pressure system rapidly developing off of the nj coast with abundance of moisture coming in here off of the western atlantic,i couldve been nailed with heavy snows this afternoon,tonight into tomorrow morning.i have clear skys now,the winds are finally calming down now,my air temps are beginning to fall now.i did have another widespread frost this morning when my air temps were exactly 29 degrees for a morning low this morning.but that widespread hard frost friday night into saturday morning did end my growing season,i dont see anymore of the different kinds of flowers growing anymore,i dont see anymore of the flowerbeds growing anymore.my morning glorys also never survived yesterday morning.my air temps are 38.3 degrees as of 702pm,while my dewpoints are 20.6 degrees

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 20 2008, 08:32 PM
Post #51

i sure got nailed with a widespread hard freeze last night.finally,the winds did die down sunday night into this morning,althought i kept on noticing a persistant breeze at 1-3mph last night into this morning.but my air temps continued to drop like a rock last night into this morning with a hard freeze everywhere.so last night into this morning was the coldest night of the season with a morning low of 22 degrees as of 710am this morning.so i had the first hard frost of the season during friday night into saturday morning,then i had my first hard freeze of the season last night into this morning.so friday night into saturday morning low was 24.6 degrees,then early this morning was exactly 22 degrees.so after that frigid hard freeze to the start of the day this morning,the sun came out blazing and the air temps recovered pretty good into the 60s.i had a high today of 64.4 degrees as of 220pm this afternoon.then it became mostly cloudy skys after 430pm,i still kept on having sunshine though into 6pm.i have a cold front coming my way,i have a chance for showers tonight into tomorrow morning,then some rain tomorrow that could mix with and change over to snow tomorrow night with snow tomorrow night into wednesday morning.my air temps are 37.5 degrees as of 1033pm,while my dewpoints are 24.4 degrees.im beginning to wonder if precip falls tonight into tomorrow morning could be cold enough for snow

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 22 2008, 04:52 PM
Post #52

the past couple of days have been getting colder and colder outside,its really beginning to feel alot like winter outside.i have another cold airmass that came in here this morning,my air temps never got out of the 30s at all today with mostly cloudy skys and windy.its hard to say if tonight will be the coldest night of the season,because sat pics and model runs have shown it wont be.so it looks like,it will be clear to partly cloudy and windy and cold tonight with air temps only dropping back into the mid 20s.but tomorrow,i should see alot more sunshine with air temps recovering back into the mid 40s,then tomorrow night with clear skys and radiational cooling with air temps falling down around 20 degrees by friday morning.then friday should be mostly sunny and milder with air temps in the mid 50s.then a possible soaking rainstorm late friday night and all day saturday with air temps in the 40s.my air temps reached a high of 37.5 degrees at 330pm this afternoon.my air temps right now are 35.3 degrees as of 655pm,while my dewpoint temps are 30.2 degrees

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 23 2008, 04:44 AM
Post #53

so as i look at the water vapor imagery animation this morning,i can see 2 cold fronta sweeping down thru southern canada heading southeastward.i can also see a comma shape low over kansas,and the low is sitting over ks and barely moving an inch with alotta dry air sucked up into the eastern side of the low.it looks like a couple of beautiful days today and tomorrow with abundance of sunshine with air temps in the low-mid 50s today,then low-mid 60s tomorrow and it should feel pretty warm outside late morning into friday afternoon in the blazing sunshine.the clouds and windy conditions kept the air temps from falling last night.so after a high of 37.5 degrees wednesday afternoon,my air temps didnt change much at all last night.so,i had a morning low 31.5 degrees as of 645am,while my dewpoints temps are 26 degrees

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 23 2008, 04:46 PM
Post #54

my air temps fell another 1 degrees this morning,my lowest air temps this morning was 30.3 degrees 705am this morning.it was windy and cold this morning,the air temps took forever to finally climb out of the 30s into the 40s and then eventually into the mid 50s.but it wasnt untill early afternoon,and all of sudden the air temps jumped thru the 40s into the 50s.my high air temps were 55.5 degrees at 210pm this afternoon with 100% sunshine.its clear and calm outside,it looks like a good night for a free fall in air temps.im gonna have a widespread hard freeze tonight,i wouldnt be a bit surprised if my air temps dip to 17 or 19 degrees by tomorrow morning.so tomorrow,im exprcted to have 100%sunshine with milder weather as air temps rise into the mid 60s.then that low in the central plains is expected to here saturday afternoon into saturday night with a drenching rainstorm and windy conditions with air temps near 60 degrees saturday afternoon,then air temps remaining in the 50s saturday night into sunday morning.then a big cold airmass is gonna push into the area sunday night into monday and tuesday,the potential exists for a snowstorm on monday into tuesday.my air temps are 38.1 degree as of 647pm,while my dewpoint temps are 25 degrees

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 24 2008, 04:50 PM
Post #55

it sure was a real cold one this morning,my air temps sure did drop off like a rock,but my air temps didnt fall as much as i thought they,and thats because i had a little breeze of 2-4mph late last night into thiss morning where the air temps didnt fall as much as they could have.but my air temps went to 21.5 degrees with a real good hard freeze everywhere,now thats what i call a hard freeze this morning.the fall foliage colors starting peaking during the past 10-15 days,i reached and past peak colors a week ago.but you can still alot of trees in the area that are still changing colors and reaching peak colors.i saw about an inch of snow on bosquet ski resort mountain from columbus ave and central ave.i would imagine 1-2 inches of snow was probably on top of mount greylock,its usually 25-30 degrees colder up top which is over 3400ft in elevation on top of the 1220ft im at.but mount greylock is 10 minutes ride up the st.so if you add in these elevations,then mount greylock would be like nearly 4600ft above sea level.so after a cold hard freeze this morning,the sun came out blazing with air temps quickly rising thru the 30s,40s,50s, and into the lower 60s.i had a high today of 63.5 degrees at 150pm this afternoon.the clouds have been increasing during the mid-late afternoon and evening,i can see on sat pics animation with the low pressure system over iowa with wide swath of heavy rains and t-storms overspreading the tn oh valleys,then another batch of heavy rains and t-storms in the carolinas.the warm front is gonna be heading this way tonight and tomorrow,so heavy rains are expected in the area during mid-late tomorrow morning.but the brunt of the heavy torrential rains is expected tomorrow night into sunday morning.its difficult to say if and when that warm front pushes thru.but if the warm front does push thru my area,then i will be warmer and somewhat tropical outside tomorrow night into sunday with heavy rains and t-storms and windy.the air temps should be near 60 degrees tomorrow,then remain in the mid 50s saturday night into sunday morning.my air temps right now are 42.4 degrees as of 653pm,while my dewpoints are 24 degrees

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_snowmaninbuffalo_*
post Oct 24 2008, 04:53 PM
Post #56

Guests

QUOTE(apeaslee @ Oct 24 2008, 06:50 PM) *
it sure was a real cold one this morning,my air temps sure did drop off like a rock,but my air temps didnt fall as much as i thought they,and thats because i had a little breeze of 2-4mph late last night into thiss morning where the air temps didnt fall as much as they could have.but my air temps went to 21.5 degrees with a real good hard freeze everywhere,now thats what i call a hard freeze this morning.the fall foliage colors starting peaking during the past 10-15 days,i reached and past peak colors a week ago.but you can still alot of trees in the area that are still changing colors and reaching peak colors.i saw about an inch of snow on bosquet ski resort mountain from columbus ave and central ave.i would imagine 1-2 inches of snow was probably on top of mount greylock,its usually 25-30 degrees colder up top which is over 3400ft in elevation on top of the 1220ft im at.but mount greylock is 10 minutes ride up the st.so if you add in these elevations,then mount greylock would be like nearly 4600ft above sea level.so after a cold hard freeze this morning,the sun came out blazing with air temps quickly rising thru the 30s,40s,50s, and into the lower 60s.i had a high today of 63.5 degrees at 150pm this afternoon.the clouds have been increasing during the mid-late afternoon and evening,i can see on sat pics animation with the low pressure system over iowa with wide swath of heavy rains and t-storms overspreading the tn oh valleys,then another batch of heavy rains and t-storms in the carolinas.the warm front is gonna be heading this way tonight and tomorrow,so heavy rains are expected in the area during mid-late tomorrow morning.but the brunt of the heavy torrential rains is expected tomorrow night into sunday morning.its difficult to say if and when that warm front pushes thru.but if the warm front does push thru my area,then i will be warmer and somewhat tropical outside tomorrow night into sunday with heavy rains and t-storms and windy.the air temps should be near 60 degrees tomorrow,then remain in the mid 50s saturday night into sunday morning.my air temps right now are 42.4 degrees as of 653pm,while my dewpoints are 24 degrees
I'm getting my snow blow out as next week I may be getting significant lake effect snow.

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 27 2008, 04:19 AM
Post #57

QUOTE(snowmaninbuffalo @ Oct 24 2008, 06:53 PM) *
I'm getting my snow blow out as next week I may be getting significant lake effect snow.
ohh yeahh,you better get your snow plow ready,because its looking like a significant snow squall event is gonna be setting up.its looking like tonight into thursday morning a real good heavy duty snow squall even is gonna set up off of lake ontario and really bury the area with heavy duty snow squalls and thunder and lightning.i have a chance for heavy snow squalls from tuesday morning into thursday morning as long the wind trajectory is straight down the mohawk valley into albany and pittsfield.

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_snowmaninbuffalo_*
post Oct 27 2008, 04:24 AM
Post #58

Guests

QUOTE(apeaslee @ Oct 27 2008, 06:19 AM) *
ohh yeahh,you better get your snow plow ready,because its looking like a significant snow squall event is gonna be setting up.its looking like tonight into thursday morning a real good heavy duty snow squall even is gonna set up off of lake ontario and really bury the area with heavy duty snow squalls and thunder and lightning.i have a chance for heavy snow squalls from tuesday morning into thursday morning as long the wind trajectory is straight down the mohawk valley into albany and pittsfield.

Heavy rain/snow right now. Temp is 35 degrees. However if the temp can drop 2 more degrees and the precip really comes down I could pick up a quick 3 inches.

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 27 2008, 04:27 AM
Post #59

the potential exists for a blockbuster nor'easter to hit the area tuesday afternoon into wednesday morning with several inches expected.a cold front is on its way with some rain,then the coldest airmass of the season ushers in here from canada.so heavy winds and artic airmass sweeping across lake ontario could very well set the stage for a major snow squall event beginning tonight into thursday morning with heavy snow squalls expected in pittsfield from tuesday morning into thursday morning as long as the wind trjectory is down the mohawk valley.when the cold front sweeps thru the area this afternoon,the cold front is expected to stall south of new england,then a low pressure system is expected to develop along it and move north/northeast overspreading the area with heavy moisture coming in off the atlantic.the snow should begin around noontime or shortly there after tuesday,then come down heavier and steadier throught the remainder of the afternoon.then heavy snows from late tuesday afternoon into noontime wednesday with several inches of snow expected while also at the sametime heavy duty snow squalls coming in here from lake ontario.this will be our first big significant snowstorm of the season.my air temps 33.2 degrees as of 630am,while my dewpoints are 27.5 degrees.

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 27 2008, 03:15 PM
Post #60

QUOTE(snowmaninbuffalo @ Oct 27 2008, 06:24 AM) *
Heavy rain/snow right now. Temp is 35 degrees. However if the temp can drop 2 more degrees and the precip really comes down I could pick up a quick 3 inches.
the airmass should be getting colder and colder,the rain should be changing over to heavy snow squalls pretty soon,then get dumped on with heavy snow squalls.i could be dumped on by a nor'easter from tuesday morning into wednesday morning.

+Quote Post

66 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 03:13 PM