Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Astronomy Blog: The Supermoon is Coming! The Supermoon is coming!
AccuWeather.com ...
post Sep 13 2011, 04:20 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: AccuWeather_Employee
Member No.: 16,901

Several months ago, I wrote a post about the supermoon that gathered a lot of attention. To read this post, please click here. Anyway, in a couple of days, another supermoon will occur. A supermoon, by definition, is when the Earth, Moon and Sun are all in a line at the same time that the Moon is at its closest Read the full article

--------------------
This is an automatic posting bot from AccuWeather.com. Please feel free to reply. Our news writers may not have time to respond to all requests posted here. For help, fill out the Contact Us Form.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
vomit
post Sep 14 2011, 05:53 AM
Post #2

Group: Member
Member No.: 22,287

QUOTE(AccuWeather.com Bot @ Sep 13 2011, 05:20 AM) *
Several months ago, I wrote a post about the supermoon that gathered a lot of attention. To read this post, please click here. Anyway, in a couple of days, another supermoon will occur. A supermoon, by definition, is when the Earth, Moon and Sun are all in a line at the same time that the Moon is at its closest
Read the full article

From the BLOG:

"Unashamedly, I am not an expert on the supermoon. Astrologer Richard Nolle coined the term in 1979 and is the "man" when it comes to all aspects of the supermoon. Please see this article about him and the supermoon by clicking here. You can also visit his terrific site by clicking here."

I hate to be supercritical, but with all due respect, how much scientific credibility does an astrologer have these days?

--------------------
"All our lives we sweat and save building for a shallow grave." J.D. Morrison

+Quote Post
idecline
post Sep 18 2011, 04:02 AM
Post #3

Group: Member
Member No.: 22,866

QUOTE(vomit @ Sep 14 2011, 05:53 AM) *
From the BLOG:

"Unashamedly, I am not an expert on the supermoon. Astrologer Richard Nolle coined the term in 1979 and is the "man" when it comes to all aspects of the supermoon. Please see this article about him and the supermoon by clicking here. You can also visit his terrific site by clicking here."

I hate to be supercritical, but with all due respect, how much scientific credibility does an astrologer have these days?

rolleyes.gif Depends on what 'sign' he was born under....or phase of the moon? Maybe it's all lunacy...?

--------------------
Perception is everything

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there". ~ Lewis Carroll

"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving" ~ Lao Tzu

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 01:48 PM