Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com
We have updated our Privacy Policy and our Cookie Policy effective May 25, 2018. Please review them.
X

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Horseracing Triple Crown : Will this be the year?, I'll Have Another beats Bodemeister by a head in Preakness
Will the Triple Crown be Won This Year?
Will I'll Have Another win the Belmont Stakes on June 9?
Yes [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
No [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Not sure or Don't Know/Care [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
I hate Horseracing [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3
Guests cannot vote 
idecline
post May 21 2012, 08:47 AM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 22,866

Bodemeister, a speed horse from Hall Of Fame Trainer Bob Baffert was favored in the Kentucky Derby...
But his speed did not hold and he lost by 1 1/2 lengths after a hard charging I'll Have Another caught him in the stretch.

In Saturday's Second Jewel of the Triple Crown, the Preakness at Baltimore's Pimlico Racecourse
Bodemeister was again installed as an 8/5 favorite over I'll have Another who was the 3-1 second choice.
After a furious stretch run, and great ride by jockey Mario Gutierrez, I'll Have Another passed Bodemeister right before the wire in a thrilling win by a neck.

Now I'll Have Another has a chance to be the first Triple Crown winner in horseracing in 34 years.

In the 1970's three horse won the Triple Crown...Secretariat dominated all three races in 1974,
Seattle Slew continued his (at the time) undefeated career by taking all three races in 1977.
A year later the famous duel between Affirmed and Alydar saw Affirmed win the Triple Crown by defeating Alydar three times in a row, in one of the best horseracing rivalries ever.

It was mentioned at the time that the Triple Crown was becoming too easy and inferior horses could win the Triple Crown...It now appears that this grouping of Triple Crown winners was a statistical anomaly as no one has won all three races in almost 34 years.

Will this be the year?

--------------------

"Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve."
- Max Planck

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mmi16
post May 23 2012, 02:26 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 13,204

I'd like to think it will happen. Bodiemeister won't be running in the Belmont, so the 'speed' horse of the field won't be there. A couple of horses that ran the derby, but not the Preakness are supposed to be entered - but they were well off the pace at the derby. I understand a couple of 'fresh' horses that didn't run either of the prior races are entered.

after 34 years it is time for a TC Champion - too bad Bodiemeister isn't entered - so there could be a replay of the Affirmed - Alydar battles from 78.

--------------------
Never too old to have a happy childhood!

Don't put an age limit on your dreams!

+Quote Post
mmi16
post Jun 10 2012, 01:39 AM
Post #3

I'll have Another was scratched from the race account injury.

No Triple Crown for 2012.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mmi16
post Jun 6 2015, 07:54 PM
Post #4

2015 is the year

American Pharoah 1st to do it since 1978.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mmi16
post Jun 9 2015, 06:06 PM
Post #5

Side by side - American Pharoah & Secretariat

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/06/secretaria...de-by-side-race

As good as Pharoah's performance was - it was 2.6 seconds slower than Secretariat

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2018 - 01:19 AM