Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Panama City Beach, FL at Christmas?
ranaseagoddess
post Dec 12 2014, 08:43 AM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 15,877

Hey all ... this year my fiance and I are doing something totally new: we're running away for Christmas. We have reservations for a condo in Panama City Beach for Christmas, and we're wondering what Christmas is *typically* like at Christmas ... wet? cool? dry? unpredictable?

This is really just a curiosity, I mean it's going to be whatever it is going to be, we would just like to be prepared! smile.gif

(And of COURSE the year that I'm not home there is already some squawking about a white Christmas - just squawks at this point, nothing set in stone obviously *lol*)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fire/Rescue
post Dec 12 2014, 11:01 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 20,753

QUOTE(ranaseagoddess @ Dec 12 2014, 08:43 AM) *
Hey all ... this year my fiance and I are doing something totally new: we're running away for Christmas. We have reservations for a condo in Panama City Beach for Christmas, and we're wondering what Christmas is *typically* like at Christmas ... wet? cool? dry? unpredictable?

This is really just a curiosity, I mean it's going to be whatever it is going to be, we would just like to be prepared! smile.gif

(And of COURSE the year that I'm not home there is already some squawking about a white Christmas - just squawks at this point, nothing set in stone obviously *lol*)

I know your question is pretty much geared towards someone who lives down there, but figured Id maybe chime in and help a little wink.gif

Going off Accu-Wx's (extended forecast) which is a GFS product and looking at 13 days away, we can only somewhat paint a picture of the overall potential pattern during that time frame rather then what it depicts for a particular day weather wise such as on Christmas day. With having said, currently the GFS is depicting MILD/Damp conditions during the week of Christmas (temperatures in the low/mid 70's and scattered showers/storms pretty much thru the entire period) than around the 28th it appears a fontal passage occurs as temps drop back to the mid 50's for highs.

Again Im sure this will adjust a bit as the time nears (maybe even do a complete change) but this is at least what it's looking like currently.

Enjoy your Panama City, HO HO HO cool.gif
Source

+Quote Post
asd123
post Dec 14 2014, 08:18 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 30,092

QUOTE(ranaseagoddess @ Dec 12 2014, 08:43 AM) *

According to 12/13 18z GFS cold, just like home!!!

All Images below courtesy of Tropical Tidbits:

1pm 12/28

1pm 12/28

But of course this is fantasy land, 1 model and things can change. I am not a weather expert, so I can't really tell you this far out. 5 days out you could probably rely on the models.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th December 2014 - 04:35 PM