Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com
We have updated our Privacy Policy and our Cookie Policy effective May 25, 2018. Please review them.
X

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your thoughts on the American Idol finale
drummer182
post May 26 2011, 03:00 PM
Post #1

EF-4 (Extreme Poster)

Group: Member
Member No.: 19,327

So my wife made me watch it last night and man, some of it was absolutely terrible. The Beyonce thing ran waaay too long and Unlady Gag-me is getting worse with her music. Her first singles were actually good. Now it's just weird.

I loved the part with Tim McGraw. He's pretty good. I think they should have cut the Beyonce thing short and extended Steven Tyler performing. His performance was awesome!

Thoughts anyone?

This post has been edited by drummer182: May 26 2011, 03:00 PM

--------------------
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or, give me death!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Papa_Bear
post May 27 2011, 02:17 AM
Post #2

EF-4 (Extreme Poster)

Member No.: 19,382

Glad it's over...thank God..they wasted 2hrs on a finale it could have been done in 10 min..

I understand many like the show and thats cool...but is anyone gonna really care about the winner?...nobody cared about the other winners...William Hung was more popular

--------------------
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

+Quote Post
Maw
post May 27 2011, 07:10 AM
Post #3

EF-4 (Extreme Poster)

Member No.: 12,971

That Lady Gaga thing was way too horrid. We have families watching this show. Her little display on that mountain with the male dancer should get her fined. I wish she would have fallen off the other side of the mountain. She is horridly distasteful - to put it mildly.

I know my mind is slipping, but why can't I remember Steven Tyler performing? I am totally drawing a blank. blink.gif

Other than a few rotten apples, I really enjoyed the show. I think the 2 finalists are exactly who should have been there. (I picked those two out months ago - someone should give me a cookie for that!)

Tim McGraw is always great, not to mention how easy on the eyes he is. Even my teen-aged daughters commented on that and they were all googly-eyed with Scotty on the screen with him. Is that Scotty a gentleman or what???? Someone should give his parents a prize. They did a mighty fine job on that boy. Kids like him don't happen on accident. I just pray that the Lord puts a hedge of protection around both Scotty and Lauren. They're gonna need it.

Maw's grade on the finale' = B.

(I'm pretty hard on TV shows. Only one finale' I've ever seen would get an "A" grade, and that was the finale' of Cheers.)

--------------------
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

Rather it should be to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand and the Good Book in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO what a ride!"

+Quote Post
sunnyboy
post May 30 2011, 05:55 AM
Post #4

EF-1 (New Member)

Member No.: 25,680

Lady gaga is brilliant! What a great performer, just awesome. But for the finalists, couldnīt have cared less who won, both were soooooo boring. Lauren is just way too yound to have any kind of charisma and Scotty, well I guess it is amazing, that such a young guy can already have so many mannerisms. What a boring final.

This post has been edited by sunnyboy: Feb 21 2014, 08:16 AM

+Quote Post
john72ss
post May 30 2011, 11:16 AM
Post #5

EF-4 (Extreme Poster)

Member No.: 15,257

my thoughts? that show is a waste of time, always has been, if i want to hear kareoke, i go to the local tavern! and as for the gaga thing? that name speaks for itself!

--------------------
Help Save America: Buy American!
NHRA DRAGRACING = 1/4 mile 4.4 seconds
@ 330 mph ... 7000 hp

+Quote Post
drummer182
post Jun 1 2011, 10:44 AM
Post #6

EF-4 (Extreme Poster)

QUOTE(Maw @ May 27 2011, 06:10 AM) *
That Lady Gaga thing was way too horrid. We have families watching this show. Her little display on that mountain with the male dancer should get her fined. I wish she would have fallen off the other side of the mountain. She is horridly distasteful - to put it mildly.

I know my mind is slipping, but why can't I remember Steven Tyler performing? I am totally drawing a blank. blink.gif

Other than a few rotten apples, I really enjoyed the show. I think the 2 finalists are exactly who should have been there. (I picked those two out months ago - someone should give me a cookie for that!)

Tim McGraw is always great, not to mention how easy on the eyes he is. Even my teen-aged daughters commented on that and they were all googly-eyed with Scotty on the screen with him. Is that Scotty a gentleman or what???? Someone should give his parents a prize. They did a mighty fine job on that boy. Kids like him don't happen on accident. I just pray that the Lord puts a hedge of protection around both Scotty and Lauren. They're gonna need it.

Maw's grade on the finale' = B.

(I'm pretty hard on TV shows. Only one finale' I've ever seen would get an "A" grade, and that was the finale' of Cheers.)

Yeah I totally agree with you about the Lady Gaga thing. That's pretty funny you can't remember Steven Tyler haha dementia is setting in! He did a short version of Dream On. Also I have to agree with the Cheers finale. AWESOME. I loved the Friends finale personally.

--------------------
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or, give me death!"

+Quote Post
drummer182
post Jun 1 2011, 10:45 AM
Post #7

EF-4 (Extreme Poster)

QUOTE(sunnyboy @ May 30 2011, 04:55 AM) *
Lady gaga is brilliant! What a great performer, just awesome. But for the finalists, couldnīt have cared less who won, both were soooooo boring. Lauren is just way too yound to have any kind of charisma and Scotty, well I guess that is amazing, that such a young guy can already have so many mannerisms.

She's a freak now. Her music wasn't bad back in 2009. But it has gotten progressively worse.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Beck
post Jun 1 2011, 01:25 PM
Post #8

EF-5 (Mega Poster)

Member No.: 19,931

QUOTE(john72ss @ May 30 2011, 09:16 AM) *
my thoughts? that show is a waste of time, always has been, if i want to hear kareoke, i go to the local tavern! and as for the gaga thing? that name speaks for itself!

Americans are easily distracted by the insignificant.
The term "Tunnel-vision" comes to mind....
The show does not appeal to me, so I don't watch it.

--------------------
Temecula Seasonal Precipitation 2015-2016: 6.71" (-0.38")
Normal to-date precipitation: 7.09"
Season began July 1st, 2015.

My Seasonal Precipitation 2015-2016: 5.24"
Last updated on January 27th, 2015.

Temecula Weather Pages

+Quote Post
drummer182
post Jun 1 2011, 01:51 PM
Post #9

EF-4 (Extreme Poster)

Just got word that the singer in the band I was in got a golden ticket on the show "The X Factor."

--------------------

+Quote Post
Maw
post Jun 2 2011, 01:24 PM
Post #10

EF-4 (Extreme Poster)

QUOTE(drummer182 @ Jun 1 2011, 02:51 PM) *
Just got word that the singer in the band I was in got a golden ticket on the show "The X Factor."

How cool is that!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

Rather it should be to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand and the Good Book in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO what a ride!"

+Quote Post
drummer182
post Jun 2 2011, 04:12 PM
Post #11

EF-4 (Extreme Poster)

QUOTE(Maw @ Jun 2 2011, 12:24 PM) *
How cool is that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah we're pretty excited for him. Apparently he made it through the 3 rounds of preliminary auditions and finds out this week if he'll be selected for on tv. Supposedly it's a big secret and can get you disqualified if you tell anyone haha.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Maw
post Jun 6 2011, 08:29 AM
Post #12

EF-4 (Extreme Poster)

QUOTE(drummer182 @ Jun 1 2011, 11:44 AM) *
Yeah I totally agree with you about the Lady Gaga thing. That's pretty funny you can't remember Steven Tyler haha dementia is setting in! He did a short version of Dream On. Also I have to agree with the Cheers finale. AWESOME. I loved the Friends finale personally.

Last night I told Paw about you telling me that Steven had sung Dream On. I made him go back through the DVR and find it. Low and behold - you were right! It was certainly a shortened version of the original, but I think he did a decent job on it.

Thanks for letting me know what I missed! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
drummer182
post Jun 6 2011, 11:59 AM
Post #13

EF-4 (Extreme Poster)

QUOTE(Maw @ Jun 6 2011, 07:29 AM) *
Last night I told Paw about you telling me that Steven had sung Dream On. I made him go back through the DVR and find it. Low and behold - you were right! It was certainly a shortened version of the original, but I think he did a decent job on it.

Thanks for letting me know what I missed! smile.gif

Not a problem Maw! I wish it would have been longer too. It sounded really good!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2018 - 10:49 AM