Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

21 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Post quotes here!
Rynet
post Jan 2 2009, 07:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 16,727

Post your quotes here. They can be original or historical. I will start off.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Path of Love brings both ecstasy and suffering,

with spiritual lessons to be learned from each...

Life should not be measured by the number of breaths you take;

but rather, by the number of events that take your breath away.

Intelligence and imagination are the ultimate aphrodisiacs...

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
raughammer
post Jan 2 2009, 07:14 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 14,542

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out
of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person
must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody
anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When
half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the
other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the
idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what
they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

~~~~~ The late Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 2005 ~~~~~

--------------------
In his farewell address (September 19, 1796), President George Washington told the nation: "Reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle. . . . Virtue or morality is a necessary spring of popular government."

+Quote Post
bubbles
post Jan 2 2009, 07:34 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 15,013

If winners never quit, and quitters never win...how can it be safe to quit while your ahead?

--------------------
Nobody enjoys a red X.

+Quote Post
raughammer
post Jan 3 2009, 02:52 PM
Post #4

"Those hoof beats die not upon fame's crimson sod, But will ring through her song and her story; He fought like a Titan and struck like a god, And his dust is our ashes of glory."- inscribed on Forrest's monument (1905)

--------------------
In his farewell address (September 19, 1796), President George Washington told the nation: "Reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle. . . . Virtue or morality is a necessary spring of popular government."

+Quote Post
TheWatch
post Jan 3 2009, 03:12 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 13,836

Every memory I've ever owned brings back a spark of extatic joy and the stab of old wounds. The mean of these, the knowing smirk that plays on the corner of your mouth, will always be the reason I rise with the sun.

--------------------
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

--Albert Einstein--

+Quote Post
raughammer
post Jan 3 2009, 03:16 PM
Post #6

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say, 'What should be the reward of such sacrifices?' ... If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!" --Samuel Adams

--------------------

+Quote Post
raughammer
post Jan 3 2009, 05:08 PM
Post #7

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death." - Patrick Henry

--------------------

+Quote Post
raughammer
post Jun 10 2009, 04:44 AM
Post #8

"Our gender and national origins may and will make a difference in our judging . . .I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experience would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn't lived that life." - Judge Sonia Sotomayor at Berkeley Law School

--------------------

+Quote Post
TiffyTerror87
post Jun 10 2009, 07:31 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 14,860

Being a cop is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

+Quote Post
TiffyTerror87
post Jun 10 2009, 08:13 AM
Post #10

"Well this vehicle must have drunk a Red Bull and grew wings, because it's not here!!!" - a cop on my shift after responding to a call about a supposed vehicle flipped over in a ditch near the interstate(which by the way, we never could find it!)

+Quote Post
robofishvselvis
post Jun 10 2009, 09:35 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 14,471

"Being a cop is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings."

-TiffyTerror87

mellow.gif

--------------------
He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.

-Douglas Adams

+Quote Post
RacerX
post Jun 10 2009, 10:53 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 18,135

If your not living life on the edge, your taking up too much space! wink.gif

--------------------
I intend to live forever. So far,so good.

+Quote Post
TiffyTerror87
post Jun 10 2009, 03:45 PM
Post #13

"You gotta shart stooting....." - Me talking about the firing range while I was slightly um....yeah.....

(P.S. You had to be there!)

+Quote Post
hckyplayer8
post Jun 10 2009, 03:49 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 16,148

Only two people in NHL history could have gotten away with that, Sidney Crosby and Wayne Gretzkey.

--------------------
The opinions in my posts are of my own and do not represent those of the USAF.

Grand Forks AFB 2015-2016 Snowfall - 28.85" 52 days of trace

+Quote Post
raughammer
post Jun 10 2009, 10:30 PM
Post #15

"I think that President Obama is the greatest president in the history of all of our presidents and that he can do no wrong in my book. ... Everything you ask me about President Obama I'm just going to say it's the greatest thing ever. I love the guy!" --actor Denis Leary

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheWatch
post Jul 6 2009, 03:10 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 13,836

I ran across this today and it struck a cord.

"The world is very different now, for man holds in his mortal hands the power to abolish all forms of human poverty and all forms of human life. And yet the same revolutionary beliefs for which our forebears fought are still at issue around the globe. . .the belief that the rights of man come not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God. We dare not forget today that we are the heirs of that first revolution." - John F. Kennedy

--------------------
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

--Albert Einstein--

+Quote Post
AgedSage
post Jul 6 2009, 07:32 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 14,541

"I believe that a persons moral compass can be determined by how he references free men the Right to defend themselves" Ted Nugent

+Quote Post
AgedSage
post Jul 6 2009, 07:42 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 14,541

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first."

- Ronald Reagan

+Quote Post
cavalier
post Feb 27 2010, 07:22 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 18,847

bump for this thread because i like quotes

"Compassion is defined by not how many people are on the government dole, but by how many people no longer need government assistance" - Rush Limbaugh

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a misireble creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill

+Quote Post
raughammer
post Feb 28 2010, 07:36 AM
Post #20

"Here comes the orator! With his flood of words, and his drop of reason." --Benjamin Franklin

--------------------

+Quote Post

21 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2017 - 07:49 AM