Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Very precise weather prediction software., How to run NWP model on your Linux.
stormlab
post May 19 2012, 05:43 AM
Post #1

Group: Founding Member
Member No.: 1,617

Hello,

Do you need very precise weather forecasting software?

The spring thunderstorms can be forecasted very well with weather prediction model. It's a software for Linux, running on fast hardware, downloading data from a meteo center, making a lot of mathematical calculations.

The software display variables like temperature, wind, pressure, moisture, precipitation, cape, 0-1 and 0-6 km wind shear, helicity, vorticity, heights, specific humidity, mixing ratio, water vapor pressure, stom motion, virtual temperature, omega, static stability, potential temperature, theta-e, dew point depression, ground temperature, surface pressure, storm relative flow at given levels, accumulated rainfall, potential vorticity, lifted condensation level, level of free convection, radar reflectivity, infra red simulated satellite image, cloud top temperature, divergence, convergence, energy helicity index, precipitable water vapor, density, virtual potential temperature, wet bulb temperature, ageostrophic wind, vorticity generation potential, vertical velocity, absolute vorticity and others.

The JET weather outlook software forecast various weather phenomena, like cloud type - cirrus, cirrostratus, cirrocumuls, altostratos, altocumulus, nimbostratus, cumulus, cumulus humilis, cumulus humilis fractos, mediocris, congestus/ towering cumulus, Cb, singlecell, multicell, supercell, mini supercell, pulse storm, thunder-storm, thunder-snow, microburst, convective inversion, rain, snow, sleet, frozen ground, shower, low visibility due to mist, fog, industrial fog, warm and cold air advection, blizzard, extreme cold temperatures, fire danger due to low huimidity and high winds, low visiblity due to intensive precipitation, turbulence, jet stream, jet streak, floods, flash floods, wind chill, lightnings, tornado watch, wind categroy from Beaufort and others.

The software is continously developed by very bright scientist, currently the temperature bias between observed and forecasted temperature in the range 0-18 forecast hours is around 0.8 degree C and in the next version will be around 0.4C.

Do you like all that? I can go further into details about the math, physics, and meteorological side of the software.

I you need it, I will be happy to install it for you. Mail: stormlaboratory@gmail.com.

Best regards,
Angel Dimitrov
Only for US/Canada
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stormlab
post Jun 15 2012, 09:34 AM
Post #2

Group: Founding Member
Member No.: 1,617

Hello,

My site is back online and updated. Now I offer weather forecast services for Bulgaria: http://www.stormlab.net.

Do you need weather forecast for your region? This include various weather maps, animations, and text weather outlook for selected cities.

Best regards,
Angel Dimitrov
stormlaboratory@gmail.com

This post has been edited by stormlab: Jun 15 2012, 09:41 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2017 - 08:56 AM