Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can somone explain this to me.....
snow4ever
post Nov 14 2013, 05:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 23,484

The euro at hr 240 has cold air all the way to mexico....and it appears 2 very strong high pressures together.....but How do we get these strong NE winds across the midwest into mexico??? Am I missing some upper level feature?

This post has been edited by snow4ever: Nov 14 2013, 05:20 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Captureweird.JPG ( 147.77K ) Number of downloads: 1
Attached File  Capturewierd2.JPG ( 161.53K ) Number of downloads: 0
Attached File  Captureweird3.JPG ( 187.15K ) Number of downloads: 0

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
snow4ever
post Nov 15 2013, 11:02 AM
Post #2

40 views and no replies? I must be showing my inexperience.....

+Quote Post
idecline
post Nov 18 2013, 03:29 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 22,866

QUOTE(snow4ever @ Nov 15 2013, 11:02 AM) *
40 views and no replies? I must be showing my inexperience.....

rolleyes.gif I don't think many regulars look at Personal Weather Discussions threads.....

I am not really sure what you question, but it looks like a typical 'cyclonic' flow from the polar region. Meaning a high (over Great Basin) in your maps is pulling down cold air from the north. So the jet stream flows up and over the ridge in the Rockies is forced up north into Canada and swirls back down in a anti-cyclonic direction...i.e: winds come from Eastern Canada south and west down over the Central and into the Southwest parts of the CONUS. This is what happened last week when a front pushed hard freezes all the way into Oklahoma and Texas.

At least this is my untrained take on what you are looking at with these maps.... wink.gif

--------------------
Perception is everything

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there". ~ Lewis Carroll

"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving" ~ Lao Tzu

+Quote Post
snow4ever
post Nov 18 2013, 08:08 AM
Post #4

QUOTE(idecline @ Nov 18 2013, 02:29 AM) *
rolleyes.gif I don't think many regulars look at Personal Weather Discussions threads.....

I am not really sure what you question, but it looks like a typical 'cyclonic' flow from the polar region. Meaning a high (over Great Basin) in your maps is pulling down cold air from the north. So the jet stream flows up and over the ridge in the Rockies is forced up north into Canada and swirls back down in a anti-cyclonic direction...i.e: winds come from Eastern Canada south and west down over the Central and into the Southwest parts of the CONUS. This is what happened last week when a front pushed hard freezes all the way into Oklahoma and Texas.

At least this is my untrained take on what you are looking at with these maps.... wink.gif

Yup, thats what I was asking.....btw this set up showed back up on euro yesterday at hr 120.....almost identical.....I guess I was just not thinking of other factors for winds....I was thinking low pressure counter-clockwise....high pressure clockwise....
thanks for your explaination!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 03:13 PM