Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

54 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pet Peeves, What Are Yours?
Removed_Member_wfreeck_*
post Aug 7 2008, 04:48 PM
Post #1

Guests

These are just *some* of mine. mad.gif

-One thing that gets me is when I help out people, but I never get any type of thank you or appreciation back from them.

-Another is eating & drinking with used dishes & utensils .I don't care if it was cleaned or not, just knowing someone's mouth was on it creeps me out (since I don't know if they were sick or not).

-I hate when people smoke around me. I don't want to smell your death gas (no offense to any smokers).

-Plus, I simply hate cloudy days. I especially hate the type of weather whre everyone sees a thunderstorm but me and I'm stuck with the cloud debris.

-Finally, when someone does something rude but doesn't say excuse me.

Please list some of the things that annoy you in this topic as well...smile.gif

This post has been edited by wfreeck: Aug 7 2008, 04:56 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Baysmom99
post Aug 7 2008, 05:03 PM
Post #2

Group: Member
Member No.: 13,579

-No turn signals
-chewing gum in my ear while on the phone
-not replacing the toilet paper (leaving it on the sink or back of the toilet-courtesy of my husband)
-not enough ice in my ice tea when ordered at a restaurant laugh.gif

--------------------
Don't eat yellow snow.

+Quote Post
john72ss
post Aug 7 2008, 08:44 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 15,257

ahh lets see........... yup, no turn signals, tailgating, cell phones, ciggarettes, loud boom cars, rap (so called) music,new york yankees

--------------------
Help Save America: Buy American!
NHRA DRAGRACING = 1/4 mile 4.4 seconds
@ 330 mph ... 7000 hp

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_wfreeck_*
post Aug 7 2008, 08:45 PM
Post #4

Guests

QUOTE(john72ss @ Aug 7 2008, 10:44 PM) *
ahh lets see........... yup, no turn signals, tailgating, cell phones, ciggarettes, loud boom cars, rap (so called) music,new york yankees

Yeah, tailgating is pretty annoying too. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Tornado Boy
post Aug 7 2008, 08:55 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 13,528

I hate when people complain about my smoking. I'd rather have the death gas around me than someone complaining smile.gif

--------------------
I have left this account. I have deleted my email. I am going to the woods. I will see you in time.

+Quote Post
john72ss
post Aug 7 2008, 10:04 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 15,257

I hate when people complain about my smoking. I'd rather have the death gas around me than someone complaining........................ how odd!! thats what my parents said too! if it were not for ciggarettes, they might still be here! blink.gif unsure.gif

--------------------
Help Save America: Buy American!
NHRA DRAGRACING = 1/4 mile 4.4 seconds
@ 330 mph ... 7000 hp

+Quote Post
SEMIweather
post Aug 8 2008, 06:07 AM
Post #7

Group: SuperModerator
Member No.: 14,772

Tailgating

People who pull out in front of you when you're five feet away from them, almost causing a car crash.

People who insult my music

People who complain about high gas prices while still driving a huge SUV

People who cut in line

That's all I can think of for now.

--------------------
University of Oklahoma Meteorology Major - Class of 2014

Follow me on Twitter.

+Quote Post
Maw
post Aug 8 2008, 08:19 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 12,971

Though I really, really try to be a positive person every day that brings something good to society, there are those things that really bother me. I pray continually for patience with people when I am faced with dealing with:

1. Rude drivers - tailgaters, line cutters, crossing over 2 lanes on the freeway to exit, driving in the left lane not letting people pass.

2. Lack of happiness - Some folks are never happy. You can break your neck trying to be nice to them and even go out of your way to hold the door for them, give them a shopping cart before you take your's, etc., but they are just plain old rude. I often wonder if they just never learned to appreciate another person's kindness, regardless of how small. Their parents must have been miserable folks as well. I try not to let their unhappiness ruin my joy, but sometimes it does. I'm under the belief that the only way to concur the situation is with love, but sometimes I just plain old run out of it. I know - my bad.

3. Not cleaning up after oneself - this happens at home, at work, and, heck, even on the freeway (when someone feels the need to throw their cigarette or wrapppers out their car window). Excuse me, but your mother doesn't follow you around cleaning up after you. Why do they think that the rest of us should???

4. Political allegiance - Some die-hards will stand by politicans regardless of how wrong they are, just because they "belong" to the same political party. Sometimes I think that we Americans don't pledge an allegiance to the "Flag", but to either the democratic or republican party. This is probably my BIGGEST pet peeve, because it is so hurtful to our country as a whole. The harm that comes from this is mind-boggling to me.

This post has been edited by Maw: Aug 8 2008, 08:20 AM

--------------------
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

Rather it should be to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand and the Good Book in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO what a ride!"

+Quote Post
forpetessake
post Aug 8 2008, 08:36 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 14,030

I hate it when people tell me that their email address is "all one word" as if there were spaces in an email address. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
robofishvselvis
post Aug 8 2008, 09:00 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 14,471

Argh, I have oh so many...

At work at the bank for instance I had this customer that broke every pet peeve of mine:

-Walked up to my window before I called him over ( I still had cash on the counter)
-Had no deposit slips/ withdrawl slips filled out (there were more polite customers behind him filling out their slips)
-Didn't even know his account number ( I had to spend ten minutes asking him which account sounded right)
-Took one of my business cards to use as scrap paper to write down his social security number so I could look up his account...

And the kicker, he was on his mother flippin blue tooth headset the whole time!
mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

Otherwise

-People not using turn signals
-Blue tooth headsets in store/ checkout lines
-Waiter/servers who talk way too much (I'm sorry, but I tip based on service, not conversation)

--------------------
He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.

-Douglas Adams

+Quote Post
robofishvselvis
post Aug 8 2008, 09:15 AM
Post #11

QUOTE(Maw @ Aug 8 2008, 10:19 AM) *
4. Political allegiance - Some die-hards will stand by politicans regardless of how wrong they are, just because they "belong" to the same political party. Sometimes I think that we Americans don't pledge an allegiance to the "Flag", but to either the democratic or republican party. This is probably my BIGGEST pet peeve, because it is so hurtful to our country as a whole. The harm that comes from this is mind-boggling to me.

Oh, I definitely agree with this one.
Especially when the stubborn person acts like you're less inteligent or missinformed for making your decision. mad.gif

--------------------
He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.

-Douglas Adams

+Quote Post
Rbrtkln
post Aug 8 2008, 09:19 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 12,261

Here are a few of mine:

1. Wishcasters laugh.gif
2. People who don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom. mad.gif
3. Talking to computers when dialing customer service instead of a person I can yell at. laugh.gif

--------------------
My Winter 08/09 Snow Tally: 29.1"
My Winter 09/10 Snow Tally: 56.5"
My Winter 10/11 Snow Tally: 54.8"
My Winter 11/12 Snow Tally: 5.7"
My Winter 12/13 Snow Tally: 20.9"
My Winter 13/14 Snow Tally: 58.8"

Everything Else- The most fun you can have with your clothes on. For Real! Not kidding!

+Quote Post
bcw123
post Aug 8 2008, 09:26 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 14,184

TONS OF THINGS!!!

-Bad Drivers
-Rude people (at work i deal with them all the time, they'll walk up to me, and i said "hi how are you today?" and they throw their ticket at me and say "SENIOR DISCOUNT.".. and thats it. wont say another word to me. ridiculous!)
-People who try to push thier political and/or religious views upon others. (My managers..)
-Men who overly flirt and just make me feel uncomfortable. this is especially inappropriate when the man is old enough to be my father.
-People who are cheap
-Negative people!!
-When people dont keep things where they belong
-When people do or dont do things just to go against the grain. Just to be "different" ugh so annoying.
-PEOPLE ON THEIR BLUETOOTH HEADSETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

etc etc i could go on forever, really. lol.

--------------------
"Every book is a children's book if the kid can read." -Mitch Hedberg

+Quote Post
Maw
post Aug 8 2008, 10:54 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 12,971

QUOTE(robofishvselvis @ Aug 8 2008, 11:00 AM) *
Argh, I have oh so many...

At work at the bank for instance I had this customer that broke every pet peeve of mine:

-Walked up to my window before I called him over ( I still had cash on the counter)
-Had no deposit slips/ withdrawl slips filled out (there were more polite customers behind him filling out their slips)
-Didn't even know his account number ( I had to spend ten minutes asking him which account sounded right)
-Took one of my business cards to use as scrap paper to write down his social security number so I could look up his account...

And the kicker, he was on his mother flippin blue tooth headset the whole time!
mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

I am totally and utterly shocked at you, Robo. If there was ever a "BAM" moment, this was it and you missed your cue.

--------------------
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

Rather it should be to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand and the Good Book in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO what a ride!"

+Quote Post
robofishvselvis
post Aug 8 2008, 11:44 AM
Post #15

QUOTE(Maw @ Aug 8 2008, 12:54 PM) *
I am totally and utterly shocked at you, Robo. If there was ever a "BAM" moment, this was it and you missed your cue.

Ohhh, I waited until he least suspected it, then BAM gave him a receipt laugh.gif

--------------------

-Douglas Adams

+Quote Post
BigNic
post Aug 8 2008, 01:51 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 14,967

people whou use fake words to sound smart....ie conversate...i belive you mean converse.....guesstimate.....im sorry judges working looking for guess....or esstimate.....whats the symbologoy there?? .....oh im sorry did you mean the symbolisum ....symbolisum....

+Quote Post
TheWatch
post Aug 9 2008, 02:53 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 13,836

People's Sense of Entitlement (When you think you deserve it just because)

1. Anyone who thinks their convenience outweighs everyone else's safety. I've found these people mostly at work and on the road. Ex: Driving through cross walks while there are people crossing close by just because you're in a hurry. I've been cut off by someone passing me in the shoulder because I was ONLY DOING 75!!! Or Ex: The co-worker who didn't think he needed to read instructions or follow the safety precautions when using the trash compactor and nearly maimed one of our dock workers. It was only sheer luck that there was a piece of metal in there that stopped it up before what stopped it up was his crushed hand.

2. People who promote their beliefs and use arguements such at "Because it is the word of God and that's the only reason you need" or "Its a matter of faith" or "Because that's the way it is". They can't conceive of a world where just because that answer is enough for them, it might not be enough for me.

3. Anyone who assumes their spouse or child can be publically abused because "they belong to you". A child whining about a toy in a store is not an excuse to hurt and humiliate them by wailing on them in public. Nor is "he's my kid, butt out." a good reason. Same goes for the way I've seen some people treat their spouses.

4. People who like to talk about horrible things without having any idea of the reality of them. See young boys who love to talk about violence. See anyone who glorifies suicide. See people who think they're intelligent and cleverly sarcastic by making hollacaust jokes.

5. People who love to complain about injustice but will not do one single gosh darn thing to change it!!!!

6. All the times I've been penalized because I question things.

7. When people feel they need to compete with you for no reason. Ex: " I just had a nice talk with my friends Tracy, she told me about what she's been going through." Then the other person says "Well, she confides that kind of thing in me all the time. I already know everything that's going on with her."
Why is that a competition???

8. Now that I'm not one of them I am annoyed by teens who are rude in restaurants and talk loudly about insipid subjects. "I saw Bobby today and OMG he was like wearing pink! No body wears pink and like I think he might be in the closet!" Other girl "Like no WAY!! Well, I don't care because he's still getting me into that party and I can like totally get wasted." (This was actually something I overheard at Starbucks)

9. People who stare, get ticked off or respond with "whatever" when you try to ask them a serious question but they don't feel like making the effort to think about it.

10. That there are so few people who can actually be honest about much.

--------------------
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

--Albert Einstein--

+Quote Post
bcw123
post Aug 9 2008, 03:00 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 14,184

QUOTE(TheWatch @ Aug 9 2008, 04:53 PM) *
7. When people feel they need to compete with you for no reason. Ex: " I just had a nice talk with my friends Tracy, she told me about what she's been going through." Then the other person says "Well, she confides that kind of thing in me all the time. I already know everything that's going on with her."
Why is that a competition???

lol i know EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN!!!!!!! That kills me.

--------------------
"Every book is a children's book if the kid can read." -Mitch Hedberg

+Quote Post
TheWatch
post Aug 9 2008, 03:15 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 13,836

QUOTE(bcw123 @ Aug 9 2008, 02:00 PM) *
lol i know EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN!!!!!!! That kills me.

I hate to say it, but I think its a girl thing. That whole estrogen one-upmanship. I dunno but I want to kick people sometimes for doing it. Glad (or maybe not?) to know I'm not alone! laugh.gif

--------------------
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

--Albert Einstein--

+Quote Post
missmarisa
post Aug 9 2008, 03:52 PM
Post #20

Group: SuperModerator
Member No.: 11,489

My pet peeves (in no particular order)

1. Driving in the rain or snow without your headlights on. Just because you can see, doesn't necessarily mean that I can see you.

2. People who are not "kid friendly"....hey, you don't have to love my kids....but don't look down your nose at my kids for acting their ages....as perfect as you think you were as a kid, I bet other people who had to be around you felt differently, so cut my kids some slack. My kids are good kids...but they will act like a 3 and a 5 year old. Just like you did once.

3. People who don't help bag their groceries...ESPECIALLY if there isn't a "bagger" . Don't stand there fixing your make up while the cashier rings you up, and then has to pack your entire order for you...while the rest of us stand in line behind you and wait, and wait, and wait.....

4. tailgating.....I have precious cargo in my backseat...and if you hit me and hurt them, you'll be dealing with a pretty fierce Momma Bear, I promise you.

5. People who forward every single email warning without verifying whether it's true or not. I always verify everything I forward....it takes me about 30 seconds.....30 seconds I wouldn't have wasted if it hadn't been forwarded to me in the first place!!!

6. Using the last toilet paper, paper towel, milk, shampoo...whatever...and not telling anyone else in the house you've finished something. (I'm looking at my husband for this one!!)

7. People who don't say thank you when you provide a courtesy...like holding the door open for them.

8. People who are rude to people who "serve" them....waitresses, cashiers, stock people, etc.....believe me....no one thinks you are a "Big Deal" when you are rude to people.....we just think you are a jerk.

9. People who think the world "owes" them....or as Watch said "People's sense of "Entitlement".

--------------------

+Quote Post

54 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2014 - 01:10 AM