Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anemometer no-data intermittent problem, Davis Vantage Pro2 (VP2)
davss.com
post Oct 8 2012, 11:06 AM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 26,974

My station is over 12 months old now and was purchased in the UK then upgraded to 24-hr fan, solar sensor and installed in Poland.

The original anemometer worked fine for 10 months then stopped sending data to the console. I unscrewed the cups to check and right after reattaching them wind speed data started showing on the console again (no cleaning was done).
The console was then taken down for a yearly maintenance, anemometer cleaned properly and reattached all the way up close to the reed switch. Two months passed and it's not sending wind speed data again (all other sensors including wind direction are working ok).

Polish local resellers are asking a ridiculous price of nearly $300 for a new replacement part! This is unacceptable for me to pay for one part nearly 50% of a new console price. The console wasn't cheap and thus parts should last longer than one year in my humble opionion. Also, it puts in question product's quality.

Any idea what could go wrong & how to fix it?

Cheers, David
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th February 2017 - 04:41 PM