Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Vantage Pro 1 RIP
Linmk2
post Jul 26 2014, 10:21 PM
Post #1

Group: Founding Member
Member No.: 23

Well, after many years my Vantage Pro 1 has died. It has been a sturdy device. It fell off the roof once, been through two major hurricanes and continued to function. Last week the portions of the console display started to pixelate and slowly the entire screen just scrabbled. I replaced the batteries, but that did nothing. Anyway, I got my money's worth out of my VP1. Hopefully, the VP2 I just ordered will deliver the same long term service.

--------------------
Howard H./ Pt. Arthur, Texas
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sailorsam
post Jul 28 2015, 09:33 AM
Post #2

Group: Member
Member No.: 24,103

QUOTE(Linmk2 @ Jul 27 2014, 04:21 AM) *
Well, after many years my Vantage Pro 1 has died. It has been a sturdy device. It fell off the roof once, been through two major hurricanes and continued to function. Last week the portions of the console display started to pixelate and slowly the entire screen just scrabbled. I replaced the batteries, but that did nothing. Anyway, I got my money's worth out of my VP1. Hopefully, the VP2 I just ordered will deliver the same long term service.

I was wondering if you had a home for your old VP1 ISS. My VP1 has been functioning since 2003 but the humidity sensor no longer works and I cannot get a replacement for it - Davis do not support this part anymore. I would like to keep the VP1 going as long as I can rather than buy a new VP2. I would be happy to buy your old VP1 sensor suite and T/H sensor for a reasonable price.
Thanks.

+Quote Post
Linmk2
post Jul 28 2015, 06:31 PM
Post #3

Group: Founding Member
Member No.: 23

QUOTE(sailorsam @ Jul 28 2015, 02:33 PM) *
I was wondering if you had a home for your old VP1 ISS. My VP1 has been functioning since 2003 but the humidity sensor no longer works and I cannot get a replacement for it - Davis do not support this part anymore. I would like to keep the VP1 going as long as I can rather than buy a new VP2. I would be happy to buy your old VP1 sensor suite and T/H sensor for a reasonable price.
Thanks.

I'm sorry sailorsam, my VP 1 was tossed when I got the new unit about a year ago. Don't feel bad, my humidity sensor had been dead for a few months, before the console failure.

This post has been edited by Linmk2: Jul 28 2015, 06:35 PM

--------------------
Howard H./ Pt. Arthur, Texas

+Quote Post
sailorsam
post Jul 29 2015, 03:23 AM
Post #4

Group: Member
Member No.: 24,103

QUOTE(Linmk2 @ Jul 29 2015, 12:31 AM) *
I'm sorry sailorsam, my VP 1 was tossed when I got the new unit about a year ago. Don't feel bad, my humidity sensor had been dead for a few months, before the console failure.

Thanks for replying. I hadn't realised your post was from last year. I assumed it was July 2015 - that's the problem with reading text on a tiny mobile screen!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2017 - 06:18 PM