Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WeatherLink 6.0.3 suddenly starts crashing, total data wipeout of wlk files?
Kevin Carroll
post Sep 20 2015, 06:43 AM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 25,463

I have had a Wireless Vantage Pro 2 for 6 years now and for the most part it runs itself without issue. When issues come up, however, they take days to resolve and usually result in data loss. This latest issue makes me think it's time to finally retire the VP 2.

Around noon on Thursday data stopped updating on WUnderground and on the web page WLink creates and ftps to my web site. I'm running WeatherLink 6.0.3, which is an upgrade from the original 5.0 software that came with the station many years ago. The WeatherLink application was crashed on the PC so I restarted it and it successfully, but crashed several minutes later. I repeated the process several time with the same result. I've restarted the computer several times and this morning I powered down the Console and removed the datalogger, left it for a minute or to, and restarted it.

Finally, after a couple of days it appears to be stably sending records to my web page, but not to WUnderground. This would be ok with me as WUnderground sometimes drops off, only to come back at some point.

There is one major problem however. If I click on browse in the WLink software it only shows the date and time, no data! It shows nothing but date and time all the way back to when the station came on-line in December 2009. Where did my data go? Is it gone forever? Luckily I wrote a program to put my data in a MySQL database. I can no longer do this as the WLink files now only show date and time and are not in the expected format, not to mention the fact that there is no data to import.

Just since I started typing this WLink has crashed again. I have no idea what on earth has changed since last Thursday at noon, when it was working fine.

Can anybody help?

Thanks for reading.

WincWxGuy

This post has been edited by Kevin Carroll: Sep 20 2015, 06:45 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RobB
post Sep 23 2015, 12:13 PM
Post #2

Group: Founding Member
Member No.: 16

QUOTE(Kevin Carroll @ Sep 20 2015, 07:43 AM) *
I have had a Wireless Vantage Pro 2 for 6 years now and for the most part it runs itself without issue. When issues come up, however, they take days to resolve and usually result in data loss. This latest issue makes me think it's time to finally retire the VP 2.

Around noon on Thursday data stopped updating on WUnderground and on the web page WLink creates and ftps to my web site. I'm running WeatherLink 6.0.3, which is an upgrade from the original 5.0 software that came with the station many years ago. The WeatherLink application was crashed on the PC so I restarted it and it successfully, but crashed several minutes later. I repeated the process several time with the same result. I've restarted the computer several times and this morning I powered down the Console and removed the datalogger, left it for a minute or to, and restarted it.

Finally, after a couple of days it appears to be stably sending records to my web page, but not to WUnderground. This would be ok with me as WUnderground sometimes drops off, only to come back at some point.

There is one major problem however. If I click on browse in the WLink software it only shows the date and time, no data! It shows nothing but date and time all the way back to when the station came on-line in December 2009. Where did my data go? Is it gone forever? Luckily I wrote a program to put my data in a MySQL database. I can no longer do this as the WLink files now only show date and time and are not in the expected format, not to mention the fact that there is no data to import.

Just since I started typing this WLink has crashed again. I have no idea what on earth has changed since last Thursday at noon, when it was working fine.

Can anybody help?

Thanks for reading.

WincWxGuy

Sorry to hear of your troubles with the Weatherlink App. I am wondering if there has been any new software installed on your PC that coincides with this? The same goes for any Windows updates recently installed. It may have been something along these lines. Also, have you tried looking into any Application logs within the Windows Event viewer. Perhaps a useful error message has been logged to help in troubleshooting. After exhausting troubleshooting methods, you could try and do a Windows System Restore to a date where everything was working.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th June 2017 - 03:57 PM