Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2 bits of energy in Canada affecting Jan 22-24 storm, Trying to get a discussion about the two bits of energy up north
CCinCT
post Jan 22 2016, 05:58 AM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 24,676

I've tried asking a few times about this but haven't gotten a response (or it got buried under all the chaff). My question is about the 2 bits of energy (HP's?) in Canada, one is above Maine, the other is above Montana I believe. If I understand Bernie correctly, the one above Maine is supplying dry air into New England, and this is a major factor in how far north any precipitation can expand. Can anyone comment on how this little nugget has evolved over the past few days vs what it was forecast to do? I'm trying to get a feel for whether the various models have been forecasting this specific feature with accuracy.

The other bit of energy out west seems like it could nudge to the whole weather system further east, quicker, if it's powerful enough. Bernie also touched on this, but I'd like to know if this too has evolved inline with what it was forecast to do over the past few days.

Any guidance would be appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2017 - 10:57 PM