Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Overnight definition
benkc
post Aug 24 2010, 01:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 23,433

Hope I'm posting this first post in the right place:

AccuWeather is one of the few sources of Weather Data that separates each of its daily Forecasts into a day/date (eg "Today Aug 24") and an "overnight" set.

So for my home location, I see a predicted "high" of "105F" followed below by a "low" of "79F"

I presume the low will actually be occurring tomorrow (Aug 25) morning before sunrise (when the temps begin to rise usually).

If I see a "79/105" Low/High elsewhere and it is 4:00 AM local, I presume 79F refers to today's Low.

Am I confused?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
WeatherMatrix
post Aug 24 2010, 02:52 PM
Post #2

Admin

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(benkc @ Aug 24 2010, 02:52 PM) *
Hope I'm posting this first post in the right place:

AccuWeather is one of the few sources of Weather Data that separates each of its daily Forecasts into a day/date (eg "Today Aug 24") and an "overnight" set.

So for my home location, I see a predicted "high" of "105F" followed below by a "low" of "79F"

I presume the low will actually be occurring tomorrow (Aug 25) morning before sunrise (when the temps begin to rise usually).

If I see a "79/105" Low/High elsewhere and it is 4:00 AM local, I presume 79F refers to today's Low.

Am I confused?

You are correct. We split at 7pm / 7am and the "Low" for "Wednesday" is ALWAYS the following night.

--------------------
-- Jesse Ferrell, FORUM ADMIN & MODERATOR

-- AccuWeather.com Meteorologist / Social Media Coordinator

-- My Blog | My Facebook Page

HELPFUL LINKS: MODEL FAQ / WEATHER QUESTIONS | FORUM FAQ / QUESTIONS
STAY ON TOPIC! TALK ABOUT PAST STORMS | TALK ABOUT NON-WEATHER STUFF
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 10:42 AM