Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2015 Orionids meteor show Oct21-23
Undertakerson
post Oct 20 2015, 02:56 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 21,746

Just a space filler (get it - space filler? - I say, that's a joke son, your supposed to, I say you're supposed to laugh) to allow for any posters (probably me, MaineJay and Vomit will be the only ones) to comment on this year's show.

Best viewing will be pre-dawn as a waxing crescent moon will occupy the early night skiy. So, if you're up with the Rooster shift - you may see a few as well.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MaineJay
post Oct 21 2015, 04:49 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 28,288

QUOTE(Undertakerson @ Oct 20 2015, 03:56 PM) *
Just a space filler (get it - space filler? - I say, that's a joke son, your supposed to, I say you're supposed to laugh) to allow for any posters (probably me, MaineJay and Vomit will be the only ones) to comment on this year's show.

Best viewing will be pre-dawn as a waxing crescent moon will occupy the early night skiy. So, if you're up with the Rooster shift - you may see a few as well.

You can probably add rtc as an "astronomy sub-forum reg" laugh.gif

Perhaps if we mention these are from the most famous, Halley's comet, folks will become more interested.

We are plagued with very thin, high clouds this morning. Bright stars are visible, but a bit blurry. Unfortunately, it looks like I'll be clouded out tonight, I'll still try tomorrow a.m. I will say, I feel like I have been extremely fortunate to have had awesome conditions for so many celestial events in the past year(s) can't complain if I miss out.

Clear skies!

--------------------
Maybe the hokey pokey really is what it's all about.

+Quote Post
Undertakerson
post Oct 21 2015, 04:54 AM
Post #3

conditions here were well, stellar. Despite that, we only saw one medium intensity and duration meteor while out on the a.m. hike up UTS Hill Not even a satellite. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Undertakerson
post Oct 21 2015, 04:56 AM
Post #4

QUOTE(MaineJay @ Oct 21 2015, 05:49 AM) *
You can probably add rtc as an "astronomy sub-forum reg" laugh.gif

Perhaps if we mention these are from the most famous, Halley's comet, folks will become more interested.

We are plagued with very thin, high clouds this morning. Bright stars are visible, but a bit blurry. Unfortunately, it looks like I'll be clouded out tonight, I'll still try tomorrow a.m. I will say, I feel like I have been extremely fortunate to have had awesome conditions for so many celestial events in the past year(s) can't complain if I miss out.

Clear skies!

I would have mentioned RTC but he would never be awake in the early a.m. hours for him to view any - he's more of a second shift star watcher, as opposed to a rooster shift kind of guy.

+Quote Post
mmi16
post Oct 23 2015, 03:50 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 13,204

Clouds, Clouds and more Clouds!

--------------------
Never too old to have a happy childhood!

Don't put an age limit on your dreams!

+Quote Post
Undertakerson
post Oct 23 2015, 05:34 AM
Post #6

Sorry to hear that mm. On the other end of the spectrum, I had the best a.m. of viewing out of the past three.

Saw 5 within 20 minutes btwn 5:10-5:35. Oddly, only one "appeared" to come out of Orion, proper. Not that they did not have an origin point there, but that they weren't visible until well away from the constellation itself.

+Quote Post
vomit
post Oct 23 2015, 01:10 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 22,287

I had clear skies this morning. But none sighted. I did get some scope time on Jupiter and Venus though. Pretty cool!

Attached Image

--------------------
"All our lives we sweat and save building for a shallow grave." J.D. Morrison

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2017 - 02:58 PM