Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Question for smokers, Does smoking change your sense of smell?
Jet Developer
post Mar 23 2016, 07:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 22,835

I have never smoked and I cannot stand smokers because of how horrible it smells. In fact most non-smokers would agree that cigarettes smell awful. So the question for smokers is whether or not smoking changes your sense of smell. Do most smokers think cigarette smoke has a pleasant smell of does the pleasure of the nicotine outweigh the bad smell? Can you smell anything at all when you smoke? Some articles say smoking makes people.lose their sense of smell. If you can remember to before you ever smoked your first cigarette, did they smell good to you at that time or does it smell better and better the more you smoke?

If the smoke does smell good to you, why do most drivers who smoke have an open car window?

Just very interested to know if nicotine alters people's sense of smell.

--------------------
Can you find me at the other place?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mmi16
post Mar 25 2016, 08:42 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 13,204

As a former smoker - when you are a smoker you don't smell it as an 'exception' because it is 'normal' to your sense of smell. Just like living near a paper plant, the smells associated with the paper making process become 'normal' to those that smell it every day - to those from out of the area it smells horrible. The body gets accustomed to its surroundings, no matter how odiferous those surroundings may be.

As info I stopped smoking over 30 years ago.

--------------------
Never too old to have a happy childhood!

Don't put an age limit on your dreams!

+Quote Post
snowsux
post May 25 2016, 12:12 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 13,803

I smoked for 20 years (ages 14-34). Now I vape. Yes, it affects your smell. Within a week of switching to vaping, cigarette smoke smelled noxious to me. It also affects your taste. Within a few months of quitting cigarettes, my sense of taste improved by about 20%.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th September 2017 - 12:25 AM