Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jim Hansen's speech to the National Press Club, Re-Opened after 24 Hours
The Goombah
post Jul 10 2008, 11:48 AM
Post #41

Group: Member
Member No.: 13,725

QUOTE(raughammer @ Jul 10 2008, 03:55 AM) *
You know, according to polls only 9% of Americans think the Democratic controlled Congress is doing a good job. (Yea thats right: 9%)

Only 9% of Americans think our Congress is on the right track. Only 9% of us think the Democrats, that are so anti-business and happy to jump on the AGW bandwagon are doing a good job running Congress. Heck, President Bush's numbers are three times better than Congress' approval numbers.

Hey if you are going to start throwing poll numbers around...

I think its funny that a majority of the people are disatisifed with the person they put in. Maybe they should do some research...

Of course, this Congress did take over a sinking ship, they are only human, not miracle workers.

--------------------
Accuweather Fantasy Football commish!

Owner of THE GOOMBAH!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_Bl1zzard_*
post Jul 10 2008, 12:07 PM
Post #42

Guests

QUOTE(bdivito58 @ Jul 10 2008, 12:48 PM) *
I think its funny that a majority of the people are disatisifed with the person they put in. Maybe they should do some research...

Of course, this Congress did take over a sinking ship, they are only human, not miracle workers.

They took over a ship that had a weak hull, and proceeded to run it into an iceberg ensuring that it would sink.

+Quote Post
cactusjack
post Jul 11 2008, 03:34 PM
Post #43

Member No.: 15,095

QUOTE(Bl1zzard @ Jul 10 2008, 10:07 AM) *
They took over a ship that had a weak hull, and proceeded to run it into an iceberg ensuring that it would sink.

It's hard to get things done in congress when there is no bipartisan support or when the commander in chief threatens to veto the bill you're working on. At least they are coming up with new ideas. When Barack gets in it will be "time for a change".

This post has been edited by cactusjack: Jul 11 2008, 04:57 PM

--------------------
"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there." -John Wooden

"Change is inevitable, except from vending machines." -Unknown

+Quote Post
WeatherMatrix
post Jul 15 2008, 11:47 AM
Post #44

Admin

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2

This thread has been closed for 24 hours due to abuse from a number of members. If we can't have a civil discussion here, then we won't have a discussion at all.

EVERYONE PLEASE READ OUR GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING AGAIN.

If you're used to the "Comments" area of the Global Warming Blog, THIS IS NOT THAT PLACE. The moderators are much less tolerant here.

Members who have attacked each other will see that their Warning Levels have been increased as a result. Only you can see your Warning Level; you can read more about them here, including what happens at each level.

Please understand that if you attack another member of this Forum, your entire post will be removed, whether it contained anything useful or not.

--------------------
-- Jesse Ferrell, FORUM ADMIN & MODERATOR

-- AccuWeather.com Meteorologist / Social Media Coordinator

-- My Blog | My Facebook Page

HELPFUL LINKS: MODEL FAQ / WEATHER QUESTIONS | FORUM FAQ / QUESTIONS
STAY ON TOPIC! TALK ABOUT PAST STORMS | TALK ABOUT NON-WEATHER STUFF

+Quote Post
DomNH
post Jul 16 2008, 12:00 PM
Post #45

Group: SuperModerator
Member No.: 11,976

It has been 24 hours, so this topic is once again opened. But remember, if it continues to be abused, it will be closed again or deleted.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Goombah
post Jul 16 2008, 01:02 PM
Post #46

Hello all in the CC forum. I just want to apologize for my increased hostility the past few weeks! We are all passionate people, but that does not mean we should be disrespectful. I am going to work hard to not act like I did before.

--------------------

Owner of THE GOOMBAH!

+Quote Post
cactusjack
post Jul 16 2008, 03:35 PM
Post #47

QUOTE(The Goombah @ Jul 16 2008, 11:02 AM) *
Hello all in the CC forum. I just want to apologize for my increased hostility the past few weeks! We are all passionate people, but that does not mean we should be disrespectful. I am going to work hard to not act like I did before.

It happens. I don't think anyone took offense, the moderators just had to do their job.

Regarding the approval rating of congress and how they can't get anything done, see Brett Anderson's blog on July 11. The one witht eh video of Headline Earth with Kate Fehlinger. It talks about Congress having good ideas, but the economy is not right. I blame the economy on our president, with a three times higher approval rating, for our present mess.

--------------------
"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there." -John Wooden

+Quote Post
The Goombah
post Jul 16 2008, 03:50 PM
Post #48

QUOTE(cactusjack @ Jul 16 2008, 03:35 PM) *
It happens. I don't think anyone took offense, the moderators just had to do their job.

Regarding the approval rating of congress and how they can't get anything done, see Brett Anderson's blog on July 11. The one witht eh video of Headline Earth with Kate Fehlinger. It talks about Congress having good ideas, but the economy is not right. I blame the economy on our president, with a three times higher approval rating, for our present mess.

I took offense monsieur, it was bad form on my part.

I think it is this President's, the last President's, this congress, the last congress, the congress before that, etc. This slumping economy has been many many years in the making, I think. Approval ratings are misleading, as so many "informed responders" on those things are informed from biased sources, and propaganda type things. I am just starting to do my due diligence on things. I have had partial chane of heart on Bush, I dont think he is nearly as bad as I thought he was. Was he great? No. Was he terrible? I dont think so, he was mediocre. I dont envy the oval office at all.

--------------------

Owner of THE GOOMBAH!

+Quote Post
cactusjack
post Jul 17 2008, 12:17 PM
Post #49

QUOTE(The Goombah @ Jul 16 2008, 01:50 PM) *
I took offense monsieur, it was bad form on my part.

I think it is this President's, the last President's, this congress, the last congress, the congress before that, etc. This slumping economy has been many many years in the making, I think. Approval ratings are misleading, as so many "informed responders" on those things are informed from biased sources, and propaganda type things. I am just starting to do my due diligence on things. I have had partial chane of heart on Bush, I dont think he is nearly as bad as I thought he was. Was he great? No. Was he terrible? I dont think so, he was mediocre. I dont envy the oval office at all.

I hear that, I think that would be the last job I would pick for my career goal. Too much scrutiny on every move you make. That's why you gotta do good and not be mediocre.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2017 - 11:48 AM