Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> anemometer trouble, short range
carndog
post Aug 2 2009, 06:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Founding Member
Member No.: 5,502

I was looking at my weather station console and noticed the anemometer was not displaying a reading. I grabbed some fresh batteries and placed them in the anemometer transmitter. With the console right by the anemometer it started updating. As I moved the console away it would lose it connection. The console which has been in the same spot for two years is about 30 feet away from the anemometer. It seems to have only a 10 foot range now. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
quasarba
post Aug 3 2009, 10:09 AM
Post #2

Group: Member
Member No.: 16,293

QUOTE(carndog @ Aug 2 2009, 06:36 PM) *
I was looking at my weather station console and noticed the anemometer was not displaying a reading. I grabbed some fresh batteries and placed them in the anemometer transmitter. With the console right by the anemometer it started updating. As I moved the console away it would lose it connection. The console which has been in the same spot for two years is about 30 feet away from the anemometer. It seems to have only a 10 foot range now. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem.

Easiest thing to do is replace, about $50 from ambient weather.

+Quote Post
carndog
post Aug 3 2009, 11:30 AM
Post #3

QUOTE(quasarba @ Aug 3 2009, 12:09 PM) *
Easiest thing to do is replace, about $50 from ambient weather.

Yeah I doubt I'll throw anymore money into the OS weather station. Davis seems like a much better value, would rather throw the 50 towards a Vantage Pro.

+Quote Post
carndog
post Aug 9 2009, 06:34 PM
Post #4

I did nothing to the anemometer, and it started working again. Hope it continues to work.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st December 2014 - 10:51 AM