Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V  « < 16 17 18  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Long Range Winter 2017-2018: Thoughts, Outlooks and Discussion, Share your thoughts, forecasts, on-going trends and more
ohiobuckeye45
post Yesterday, 10:54 AM
Post #341

Group: Member
Member No.: 13,767

QUOTE(StL weatherjunkie @ Sep 24 2017, 08:26 AM) *
Simply put, I followed my grad school advisor here for work. In the long term there's potential that I could start the states first climate/meteorology program at WVU meaning this University is ripe with opportunity for me.

Congrats on your new endeavors! I'm just now noticing this. Glad to have another eye in the field in an area we don't have many. You'll cash in on the eastern inland runners Ohio usually misses out on, which historically has been our furthest east members that post regularly. That's going to be interesting to see play out with the elevation and all.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
StL weatherjunki...
post Today, 09:41 AM
Post #342

Group: Founding Member
Member No.: 6,288

Last year I posted some images showing similarities between 2016 and 1998 in the tropics and northern hemisphere. Figured I would post the same images here for 2017 and 1999 given the obvious similarities. The analysis dates I chose were rather arbitrary and I haven't checked any other years, but if anyone else is aware of any other good analogs I'd like to see similar plots for those as well.

Tropical Precipitable Water Anomalies for 1999
Attached File  9_21_Pwat_anom_trop.gif ( 16.22K ) Number of downloads: 0

Tropical Precipitable Water Anomalies for 1999
Attached File  9_21_17_Pwat_anom_trop.gif ( 16.58K ) Number of downloads: 0

Northern Hemisphere 500 mb Height Anomalies for 2017
Attached File  9_21_99_500mb_NH.gif ( 14.42K ) Number of downloads: 0

Northern Hemisphere 500 mb Height Anomalies for 2017
Attached File  9_21_17_500mb_NH.gif ( 14.8K ) Number of downloads: 0

--------------------
All model guidance is just that, guidance. It is the responsibility of the forecaster to take that information, make it better, and to appropriately communicate the forecast to the users.

Fervent supporter of the idea to make GFS output beyond hour 168 proprietary! Anyone wanting to post/share/tweet/etc GFS output beyond day 7 should have 1) a limited set of graphics available with the option to 2) contribute a nominal fee to get a full suite of products while improving future GFS output. #EURObusinessfor-the-win

+Quote Post
so_whats_happeni...
post Today, 10:11 AM
Post #343

Group: Member
Member No.: 14,460

Have heard about 1932-1933 being thrown around a lot but can not see plots on most past 1948.

Been told it had a similar setup with ENSO state where there was a big nino 2 years before with a small blip of a nina after the event the following year and the 2 years before as well had nino like conditions. I have seen it on another forum thrown around and found some of this info from a person I work with who works for WPC but unfortunately can not find a whole lot of other info.

--------------------
Tylor Cartter

B.S. in Meteorology
Millersville University

Weather Observer:
KMDT: Harrisburg International Airport
KBWI: Baltimore/ Washington International Airport

Stratosphere Discussion:
2016/2017

AccuWeather Forum MidAtl/NE Snowfall Forecasting Champion Winter 2017

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 16 17 18
Reply to this topicStart new topic
14 User(s) are reading this topic (13 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: danduke

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2017 - 10:22 AM