Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

55 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pet Peeves, What Are Yours?
Removed_Member_wfreeck_*
post Aug 9 2008, 05:23 PM
Post #21

Guests

QUOTE(missmarisa @ Aug 9 2008, 05:52 PM) *
My pet peeves (in no particular order)

1. Driving in the rain or snow without your headlights on. Just because you can see, doesn't necessarily mean that I can see you.

2. People who are not "kid friendly"....hey, you don't have to love my kids....but don't look down your nose at my kids for acting their ages....as perfect as you think you were as a kid, I bet other people who had to be around you felt differently, so cut my kids some slack. My kids are good kids...but they will act like a 3 and a 5 year old. Just like you did once.
3. People who don't help bag their groceries...ESPECIALLY if there isn't a "bagger" . Don't stand there fixing your make up while the cashier rings you up, and then has to pack your entire order for you...while the rest of us stand in line behind you and wait, and wait, and wait.....

4. tailgating.....I have precious cargo in my backseat...and if you hit me and hurt them, you'll be dealing with a pretty fierce Momma Bear, I promise you.

5. People who forward every single email warning without verifying whether it's true or not. I always verify everything I forward....it takes me about 30 seconds.....30 seconds I wouldn't have wasted if it hadn't been forwarded to me in the first place!!!

6. Using the last toilet paper, paper towel, milk, shampoo...whatever...and not telling anyone else in the house you've finished something. (I'm looking at my husband for this one!!)

7. People who don't say thank you when you provide a courtesy...like holding the door open for them.

8. People who are rude to people who "serve" them....waitresses, cashiers, stock people, etc.....believe me....no one thinks you are a "Big Deal" when you are rude to people.....we just think you are a jerk.

9. People who think the world "owes" them....or as Watch said "People's sense of "Entitlement".

LOL! Yes, most of your pet peeves annoy me too. laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mmi16
post Aug 18 2008, 11:41 PM
Post #22

Group: Member
Member No.: 13,204

I notice a number of people have 'Tailgaters' as their pet peeve.....

How many of them are Left Lane Bandits.

Personal Observation - If you stay the 1 car length per 10 MPH speed behind the car that is ahead of you....they have no sense or observation that you are observing a faster speed than they are in the Left Hand lane and as a consequence feel no obligation to go where they properly belong in the Right Hand lane as in 'Slower Traffic Keep Right'.

When I am not passing slower traffic I am in the right lane, where there are more than two lanes in the direction of travel I will normally cruise in the middle or one of the middle lanes. If someone wants to travel faster than I do, they are more than welcome to. They know their own financial condition much better than I do.

--------------------
Never too old to have a happy childhood!

Don't put an age limit on your dreams!

+Quote Post
john72ss
post Aug 19 2008, 08:32 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 15,257

most tailgaters i come across are in the middle lane which is mostly where i drive, fast lane is just not woth the headache unless you have to pass other cars, traffic is gotten so bad, i really get upset when someone tailgates me in traffic, like where ya what me to go??? they dont like my brake lights though! laugh.gif

--------------------
Help Save America: Buy American!
NHRA DRAGRACING = 1/4 mile 4.4 seconds
@ 330 mph ... 7000 hp

+Quote Post
missmarisa
post Aug 19 2008, 09:09 AM
Post #24

Group: SuperModerator
Member No.: 11,489

QUOTE(mmi16 @ Aug 19 2008, 01:41 AM) *
I notice a number of people have 'Tailgaters' as their pet peeve.....

How many of them are Left Lane Bandits.

Personal Observation - If you stay the 1 car length per 10 MPH speed behind the car that is ahead of you....they have no sense or observation that you are observing a faster speed than they are in the Left Hand lane and as a consequence feel no obligation to go where they properly belong in the Right Hand lane as in 'Slower Traffic Keep Right'.

When I am not passing slower traffic I am in the right lane, where there are more than two lanes in the direction of travel I will normally cruise in the middle or one of the middle lanes. If someone wants to travel faster than I do, they are more than welcome to. They know their own financial condition much better than I do.

Since I listed "tailgating" as one of my pet peeves, I wanted to comment here....

I am not a left lane bandit.....first of all....when I'm driving in the left lane, it's because I'm PASSING someone....The left lane IS NOT the driving lane....that should be listed as a pet peeve of mine, too!! tongue.gif If the highway is more than 2 lanes, I will travel in the 2nd lane from the right....this way I'm avoiding most exit/enter traffic, while not driving in teh left lane. Here in New Jersey, traffic is very heavy, so all lanes become the driving lane during rush hour...no one is going anywhere faster than anyone else. It's usually bumper to bumper, and when it does move, you're going maybe 35.

Usually when I am being tailgated, it's on a rural route. Rarely am I ever on a highway where I live. I just have no reason....I live in the country. NO ONE can give a good reason for why I'm being tailgated....I usually drive about 5-10 miles over the limit wherever I go, so it's not because I'm driving "slow". I don't drive around pretty house looking. I'm not on my cell phone not paying attention. I'm not lost and fail to grasp the concept of "pulling over to get my bearings." I'm not putting on make up while I drive. There is no reason someone should tailgate me.

On the flip side of the coin, if someone is driving slower than me, I stay about 3-4 car lengths behind them (most rural roads in New Jersey are on average 45 mph.). I have no desire to rear end someone, and I most certainly want to "give myself and out" so that if a dear or bear runs out across the road, I won't end up plowing into the person in front of me.

I am also aware, from my husband being a cop, that when you tailgate someone, chances are they have already called 911 and reported you as an agressive driver. They will probably tell the dispatcher that they think you are "drunk" because they think it will get the cops after you faster. They will also usually use the catch phrase "I am in fear of my safety (or my life)", again to get the cops after you faster.

I have a strong dislike for tailgaters because if someone tailgates me and hits me...they will be driving directly into my children. At the same token, I try to give other drivers the same courtesy that I would like. smile.gif

Since becomming a mom, I am 99% less agressive than I used to be. It's just not worth it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
john72ss
post Aug 19 2008, 08:25 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 15,257

I try to give other drivers the same courtesy that I would like.

sounds simple enough! but never seems to work for me!

--------------------
Help Save America: Buy American!
NHRA DRAGRACING = 1/4 mile 4.4 seconds
@ 330 mph ... 7000 hp

+Quote Post
mmi16
post Aug 20 2008, 02:44 AM
Post #26

The insanely short and tight entrance and exit ramps that the State of Pennsylvania has on most of their 'Super Highways'. 65 MPH on the highway and 10 or 15 MPH on the ramp.

--------------------

+Quote Post
wxdude1964
post Aug 20 2008, 03:04 AM
Post #27

Member No.: 14,395

Since mmi16 listed on/off ramps in last post I'll throw in one of my "pet Peeves"

When entering an interstate highway, why do people SLOW DOWN OR STOP at the end of ramp?
Now I know when traffic is heavy that it is tough to "merge", but isn't that what this is called, a MERGING LANE? How can you possibly merge into traffic going 55-65 mph when you either stop or are going 25 mph?
I actually watched this happen in Scranton, PA on I81 one day. A lady in a big Cadillac Fleetwood was leading a long line of cars around the ramp up to get on the interstate, I was about 5 or 6 in line behind her.
As she was driving down the "acceleration lane" (at 25 mph) she STOPPED! Needless to say, she was rear-ended, and the next one got rear-ended too. Now, were these drivers following too close, probably. Was there enough room for her to have gotten on? IMO, yes, IF she would have even attempted to speed up to the traffic flow.
Anyway, that is one of my irritants-I'll post others later.

--------------------
Snowfall 2007-2008 season-11.4 inches
Snowfall 2008-2009 season-13.1 inches
Snowfall 2009-2010 season-68.6 inches
Snowfall 2010-2011 season-19.5 inches
Snowfall 2011-2012 season-16.5 inches.
Snowfall 2012-2013 season-25.9 inches.
Snowfall 2013-2014 season-41.1 inches.
Snowfall 2014-2015 season-33.7 inches.
Snowfall 2015-2016 season-33.4 inches.

+Quote Post
Tornado Boy
post Aug 20 2008, 11:25 AM
Post #28

Member No.: 13,528

Another pet peeve is idiots who dont realize the Train will always win and they go through the crossing anyways rolleyes.gif

--------------------
I have left this account. I have deleted my email. I am going to the woods. I will see you in time.

+Quote Post
missmarisa
post Aug 20 2008, 12:32 PM
Post #29

Group: SuperModerator
Member No.: 11,489

QUOTE(wxdude1964 @ Aug 20 2008, 05:04 AM) *
Since mmi16 listed on/off ramps in last post I'll throw in one of my "pet Peeves"

When entering an interstate highway, why do people SLOW DOWN OR STOP at the end of ramp?
Now I know when traffic is heavy that it is tough to "merge", but isn't that what this is called, a MERGING LANE? How can you possibly merge into traffic going 55-65 mph when you either stop or are going 25 mph?
I actually watched this happen in Scranton, PA on I81 one day. A lady in a big Cadillac Fleetwood was leading a long line of cars around the ramp up to get on the interstate, I was about 5 or 6 in line behind her.
As she was driving down the "acceleration lane" (at 25 mph) she STOPPED! Needless to say, she was rear-ended, and the next one got rear-ended too. Now, were these drivers following too close, probably. Was there enough room for her to have gotten on? IMO, yes, IF she would have even attempted to speed up to the traffic flow.
Anyway, that is one of my irritants-I'll post others later.

Having travelled I-81 between Scranton and Wilkes-Barre a lot during my college years I TOTALLY know what you are talking about!!! I think 81 has to be one of my least favorite routes to travel on.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bcw123
post Aug 29 2008, 09:38 AM
Post #30

Member No.: 14,184

I have a few more because i am having a very frustrating day!! lol

-"that guy" who walks around with his eyebrow cocked and a little smirk on his face.. like hes clever, or cool, or something. No. Youre not. Put your eyebrow down, youre an idiot.

-People who wear too much cologne/perfume

-People who complain about NOTHING. like "wah wah, you should have free coffee for your customers" Generally complainers as a whole are a big pet peeve of mine.

-When txt messages go unreturned until later.. come on! Get your life together and text someone back! haha.

-When people make unrealistic requests.. this guy just came in and wanted me to ring up his $45 bill as $11.99 on his debit card.. then $20 on another credit card, and then the rest in cash................. seriously?

-When people dress inappropriately for their age. ESPECIALLY women. There is nothing more ridiculous than a woman who thinks she's younger than she is. Special note: Wearing sunglasses indoors because you feel it makes you look younger only makes you look silly.

-When people gather all sorts of merchandise, take it all to the counter, then want to spread it all out and make a 10 minute decision on what they want to buy. (Then they want you to put back the things they dont want)

-REPEATING MYSELF. oh man this makes me want to blow my brains out. Example: i say (in a clear voice and tone): "your total is $11.99" The person, who was staring at me, who clearly heard what i said says: "what?" lol are you freaking kidding me?? YOU KNOW WHAT I JUST SAID!

lol im annoyed today dry.gif

This post has been edited by bcw123: Aug 29 2008, 09:39 AM

--------------------
"Every book is a children's book if the kid can read." -Mitch Hedberg

+Quote Post
wxdude1964
post Aug 29 2008, 10:24 AM
Post #31

Member No.: 14,395

QUOTE(bcw123 @ Aug 29 2008, 11:38 AM) *
I have a few more because i am having a very frustrating day!! lol

-"that guy" who walks around with his eyebrow cocked and a little smirk on his face.. like hes clever, or cool, or something. No. Youre not. Put your eyebrow down, youre an idiot.

-People who wear too much cologne/perfume

-People who complain about NOTHING. like "wah wah, you should have free coffee for your customers" Generally complainers as a whole are a big pet peeve of mine.

-When txt messages go unreturned until later.. come on! Get your life together and text someone back! haha.

-When people make unrealistic requests.. this guy just came in and wanted me to ring up his $45 bill as $11.99 on his debit card.. then $20 on another credit card, and then the rest in cash................. seriously?

-When people dress inappropriately for their age. ESPECIALLY women. There is nothing more ridiculous than a woman who thinks she's younger than she is. Special note: Wearing sunglasses indoors because you feel it makes you look younger only makes you look silly.

-When people gather all sorts of merchandise, take it all to the counter, then want to spread it all out and make a 10 minute decision on what they want to buy. (Then they want you to put back the things they dont want)

-REPEATING MYSELF. oh man this makes me want to blow my brains out. Example: i say (in a clear voice and tone): "your total is $11.99" The person, who was staring at me, who clearly heard what i said says: "what?" lol are you freaking kidding me?? YOU KNOW WHAT I JUST SAID!

lol im annoyed today dry.gif

Yep, sounds like a bad day there bcw123!
Actually my wife is one of those "take backers"
she will shop, filling cart up and THEN at check-out
makes her decision to keep or return. Trust me,
it bothers me too. Either you have to give it to
person checking you out or I'm running through
the store returning things.

--------------------
Snowfall 2007-2008 season-11.4 inches
Snowfall 2008-2009 season-13.1 inches
Snowfall 2009-2010 season-68.6 inches
Snowfall 2010-2011 season-19.5 inches
Snowfall 2011-2012 season-16.5 inches.
Snowfall 2012-2013 season-25.9 inches.
Snowfall 2013-2014 season-41.1 inches.
Snowfall 2014-2015 season-33.7 inches.
Snowfall 2015-2016 season-33.4 inches.

+Quote Post
BigNic
post Aug 29 2008, 10:37 AM
Post #32

Member No.: 14,967

so how much is my total jen.... and where exactly is the free coffie?

+Quote Post
TheWatch
post Aug 30 2008, 02:44 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 13,836

QUOTE(bcw123 @ Aug 29 2008, 08:38 AM) *

-

Okay these I have to say YES!! I definately sympathize. Working in retail and occasionally with people I know, individuals will seriously complain about everything, even about free stuff. COME ON!!! Its free! You are getting something for nothing!! Why do you have to complain that it's crummy, that it's not enough or that it's not exactly what you wanted. It's free stop complaining! The other one is the unreasonable requests, I had some lady come in my store once and bring a shirt to the register and when I told her the total she looked right at me and said "No, I only want to pay $2.00 dollars for that." I had to tell her that it wasn't my store, I can't adjust the prices, they are what they are. And she literally stood there for 15 minutes going "Come on, please? $2.00?" for something that was normally alot more expensive. I only finally got rid of her when I said she could try to haggle with the manager if she wanted to but I couldn't change it.

Just take a deep breath.... relax.... and remember some day when you're rich and famous you can have these people shipped off to a desert island. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by TheWatch: Aug 30 2008, 02:44 PM

--------------------
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

--Albert Einstein--

+Quote Post
Phyre
post Aug 31 2008, 01:00 AM
Post #34

Member No.: 15,250

I really hate to wait. Especially if some person is delaying you in a way that could be easily remedied.

I also hate that most of the world has no cell phone etiquette. blink.gif

--------------------
The Dallas Cowboys Rule!

+Quote Post
mmi16
post Sep 1 2008, 11:40 PM
Post #35

I could strangle those that wait in line....and when it comes time for them to transact their business they are not prepared to do it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bcw123
post Sep 2 2008, 06:46 AM
Post #36

QUOTE(TheWatch @ Aug 30 2008, 04:44 PM) *
individuals will seriously complain about everything, even about free stuff. COME ON!!! Its free! You are getting something for nothing!! Why do you have to complain that it's crummy, that it's not enough or that it's not exactly what you wanted. It's free stop complaining!

hahaha i just had a lady complain about how expensive the service is that she just got.... that she paid for with a coupon... that made her service free. She was all "wah wah wah 25.99 is a lot of money.." and then handed me the certificate that is good for that service... for free. lol. what?!?!?!?!??!?

QUOTE(TheWatch @ Aug 30 2008, 04:44 PM) *
The other one is the unreasonable requests, I had some lady come in my store once and bring a shirt to the register and when I told her the total she looked right at me and said "No, I only want to pay $2.00 dollars for that." I had to tell her that it wasn't my store, I can't adjust the prices, they are what they are. And she literally stood there for 15 minutes going "Come on, please? $2.00?" for something that was normally alot more expensive. I only finally got rid of her when I said she could try to haggle with the manager if she wanted to but I couldn't change it.

HAHAHAHA laugh.gif thats funny. I wonder if that actually works, i mean, why would she do it if she really didnt think it would work??

This post has been edited by bcw123: Sep 2 2008, 06:48 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Goombah
post Sep 2 2008, 10:57 AM
Post #37

Member No.: 13,725

QUOTE(bcw123 @ Sep 2 2008, 07:46 AM) *
hahaha i just had a lady complain about how expensive the service is that she just got.... that she paid for with a coupon... that made her service free. She was all "wah wah wah 25.99 is a lot of money.." and then handed me the certificate that is good for that service... for free. lol. what?!?!?!?!??!?

HAHAHAHA laugh.gif thats funny. I wonder if that actually works, i mean, why would she do it if she really didnt think it would work??

I got stuck behind someone in line that had a coupon for like $70 off of some medical device at CVS. The item was being used as a replacement for something that was out of stock and was on sale for less than whatever the coupon took off. Well the lady wanted the difference. She was like (I do not remember the exact numbers, so these are just to illustrate what was going on) The machine costs $60, my coupon is for $70, so the price is -$10, so you owe me $10 credit.

--------------------
Accuweather Fantasy Football commish!

Owner of THE GOOMBAH!

+Quote Post
bcw123
post Sep 2 2008, 11:20 AM
Post #38

QUOTE(The Goombah @ Sep 2 2008, 12:57 PM) *
I got stuck behind someone in line that had a coupon for like $70 off of some medical device at CVS. The item was being used as a replacement for something that was out of stock and was on sale for less than whatever the coupon took off. Well the lady wanted the difference. She was like (I do not remember the exact numbers, so these are just to illustrate what was going on) The machine costs $60, my coupon is for $70, so the price is -$10, so you owe me $10 credit.

hahaha yeah that is typical. I have often had people who want to get a discount off of something that they're getting for free. Say they have a certificate for a free service.. and they use it for that exact service (meaning they didnt upgrade or anything) So their total is $0.00. You would not believe the number of people who are OUTRAGED that i wont give them a 10% senior discount off of ZERO DOLLARS!!!!!!! or give them some other kind of discount, which would just mean that i would be giving them money. We dont pay people for the opportunity to perform services for them..

Some people are just clueless.

And most of these people are crotchety old people. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
BigNic
post Sep 2 2008, 11:48 AM
Post #39

Member No.: 14,967

how much more carful i have to be because im a male is a pet peeve of mine theres this crazy girl at my work who likes to sneak up behind me and give a me a purple nurple at least once a day..... i always so *bleep*ed off cus i know if i were to repeadly do somthing like that to her id be fired but she can just get away with it over and over

+Quote Post
bcw123
post Sep 2 2008, 11:50 AM
Post #40

QUOTE(BigNic @ Sep 2 2008, 01:48 PM) *
how much more carful i have to be because im a male is a pet peeve of mine theres this crazy girl at my work who likes to sneak up behind me and give a me a purple nurple at least once a day..... i always so *bleep*ed off cus i know if i were to repeadly do somthing like that to her id be fired but she can just get away with it over and over

hahaha what the heck! If it makes you mad, tell her to stop! lol i mean while i think that its pretty inappropriate of her to do in the work place, if you are all chuckles about it, and joke around w/ her, she probably thinks its funny, and that it really doesnt make you mad. Just say "NO!" haha.

--------------------

+Quote Post

55 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2017 - 09:04 PM