Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

55 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pet Peeves, What Are Yours?
The Goombah
post Sep 2 2008, 12:02 PM
Post #41

Group: Member
Member No.: 13,725

QUOTE(bcw123 @ Sep 2 2008, 12:20 PM) *
hahaha yeah that is typical. I have often had people who want to get a discount off of something that they're getting for free. Say they have a certificate for a free service.. and they use it for that exact service (meaning they didnt upgrade or anything) So their total is $0.00. You would not believe the number of people who are OUTRAGED that i wont give them a 10% senior discount off of ZERO DOLLARS!!!!!!! or give them some other kind of discount, which would just mean that i would be giving them money. We dont pay people for the opportunity to perform services for them..

Some people are just clueless.

And most of these people are crotchety old people. laugh.gif

I didnt want to say that, but on the nose!

--------------------
Accuweather Fantasy Football commish!

Owner of THE GOOMBAH!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigNic
post Sep 2 2008, 12:03 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 14,967

ive thought about that too jen she kinda blows it off and keeps doing i think she thinks i like it.....not my type blink.gif

+Quote Post
mmi16
post Sep 6 2008, 03:36 AM
Post #43

Member No.: 13,204

QUOTE(bcw123 @ Sep 2 2008, 01:20 PM) *
Some people are just clueless.

And most of these people are crotchety old people. laugh.gif

And with some luck, in a few years you might be one too!

Crotchety is when you want to make the 'kids' jump through hoops, ring bells an flick switches....

JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN!

It can be hilarious fun!

--------------------
Never too old to have a happy childhood!

Don't put an age limit on your dreams!

+Quote Post
bubbles
post Sep 6 2008, 10:16 AM
Post #44

Member No.: 15,013

QUOTE(wfreeck @ Aug 7 2008, 03:48 PM) *
-Another is eating & drinking with used dishes & utensils .I don't care if it was cleaned or not, just knowing someone's mouth was on it creeps me out (since I don't know if they were sick or not).

-Plus, I simply hate cloudy days. I especially hate the type of weather whre everyone sees a thunderstorm but me and I'm stuck with the cloud debris.

The 'used dishes' thing drives me nuts.
My husband thinks I'm crazy because it completely grosses me out.

I LOVE cloudy days! So beautiful, and calming. Even the storms with all of the lighting and thunder, they just make me so content to be alive. They are amazing...so powerful and beautiful

QUOTE(Tornado Boy @ Aug 7 2008, 07:55 PM) *
I hate when people complain about my smoking. I'd rather have the death gas around me than someone complaining

True to that!

QUOTE(Maw @ Aug 8 2008, 07:19 AM) *
2. Lack of happiness - Some folks are never happy. You can break your neck trying to be nice to them and even go out of your way to hold the door for them, give them a shopping cart before you take your's, etc., but they are just plain old rude. I often wonder if they just never learned to appreciate another person's kindness, regardless of how small. Their parents must have been miserable folks as well. I try not to let their unhappiness ruin my joy, but sometimes it does. I'm under the belief that the only way to concur the situation is with love, but sometimes I just plain old run out of it. I know - my bad.

3. Not cleaning up after oneself - this happens at home, at work, and, heck, even on the freeway (when someone feels the need to throw their cigarette or wrapppers out their car window). Excuse me, but your mother doesn't follow you around cleaning up after you. Why do they think that the rest of us should???

All of those are very true Maw.

Now the not cleaning up after oneself it one of my BIGGEST pet peeves!
About a month ago, I had a new hire who was working his first day at my site. At the end of the day, he walked in the back office to grab his backpack. After a few minutes he came out of the back office and told everyone, bye and left for the day.

I walked into the office not a minute after he left and there was spaggeti EVERYWHERE. This guy had spilled another employees lunch all over the carpet and desk. He put a storage box ON park of the mess and put a mouse pad on some of the spaggeti that wasn't covered by the storage box. It blows my mind how someone could seriously do that.

Makes you wonder what their house look like. blink.gif

QUOTE(bcw123 @ Aug 8 2008, 08:26 AM) *
TONS OF THINGS!!!
-Men who overly flirt and just make me feel uncomfortable. this is especially inappropriate when the man is old enough to be my father.
-Negative people!!
-When people dont keep things where they belong
-PEOPLE ON THEIR BLUETOOTH HEADSETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

etc etc i could go on forever, really. lol.

Agree Jen.
Now that overly flirting thing drives me crazy.
EXPECIALLY, when you have already told them that you are MARRIED!
Dumb...

QUOTE(TheWatch @ Aug 9 2008, 01:53 PM) *
7. When people feel they need to compete with you for no reason. Ex: " I just had a nice talk with my friends Tracy, she told me about what she's been going through." Then the other person says "Well, she confides that kind of thing in me all the time. I already know everything that's going on with her."
Why is that a competition???

8. Now that I'm not one of them I am annoyed by teens who are rude in restaurants and talk loudly about insipid subjects. "I saw Bobby today and OMG he was like wearing pink! No body wears pink and like I think he might be in the closet!" Other girl "Like no WAY!! Well, I don't care because he's still getting me into that party and I can like totally get wasted." (This was actually something I overheard at Starbucks)

10. That there are so few people who can actually be honest about much.

I agree, EXPECIALLY with 7

QUOTE(missmarisa @ Aug 9 2008, 02:52 PM) *
My pet peeves (in no particular order)

1. Driving in the rain or snow without your headlights on. Just because you can see, doesn't necessarily mean that I can see you.

2. People who are not "kid friendly"....hey, you don't have to love my kids....but don't look down your nose at my kids for acting their ages....as perfect as you think you were as a kid, I bet other people who had to be around you felt differently, so cut my kids some slack. My kids are good kids...but they will act like a 3 and a 5 year old. Just like you did once.
3. People who don't help bag their groceries...ESPECIALLY if there isn't a "bagger" . Don't stand there fixing your make up while the cashier rings you up, and then has to pack your entire order for you...while the rest of us stand in line behind you and wait, and wait, and wait.....

4. tailgating.....I have precious cargo in my backseat...and if you hit me and hurt them, you'll be dealing with a pretty fierce Momma Bear, I promise you.

5. People who forward every single email warning without verifying whether it's true or not. I always verify everything I forward....it takes me about 30 seconds.....30 seconds I wouldn't have wasted if it hadn't been forwarded to me in the first place!!!

6. Using the last toilet paper, paper towel, milk, shampoo...whatever...and not telling anyone else in the house you've finished something. (I'm looking at my husband for this one!!)

7. People who don't say thank you when you provide a courtesy...like holding the door open for them.

8. People who are rude to people who "serve" them....waitresses, cashiers, stock people, etc.....believe me....no one thinks you are a "Big Deal" when you are rude to people.....we just think you are a jerk.

9. People who think the world "owes" them....or as Watch said "People's sense of "Entitlement".

QUOTE(Tornado Boy @ Aug 20 2008, 10:25 AM) *
Another pet peeve is idiots who dont realize the Train will always win and they go through the crossing anyways

lol...funny people

QUOTE(bcw123 @ Aug 29 2008, 08:38 AM) *
-REPEATING MYSELF. oh man this makes me want to blow my brains out. Example: i say (in a clear voice and tone): "your total is $11.99" The person, who was staring at me, who clearly heard what i said says: "what?" lol are you freaking kidding me?? YOU KNOW WHAT I JUST SAID!

lol

QUOTE(mmi16 @ Sep 1 2008, 10:40 PM) *
I could strangle those that wait in line....and when it comes time for them to transact their business they are not prepared to do it.

I hate this too.

--------------------
Nobody enjoys a red X.

+Quote Post
bubbles
post Sep 6 2008, 10:47 AM
Post #45

My new pet peeve is stupid supervisors.

My direct supervisor is extremely stupid. He asks me to read all of the mails he sends out to see if they 'sound right.' If I ask him a question, he asks it right back to me. He is completely clueless about all of our polices.
When work is sent to him, he reads the email aloud and asks me how to do it.
When I send him work that is due weekly/biweekly, he opens the email, then asks me if it is correct. If I say that it is...he sends it to his boss without checking my work.
He has no idea how to do my job, he also has no idea how to do my subordinate's job.
The same question gets asked of me over and over again.
This dude is so dim, that when he gets emails telling him that he did something wrong...he READS them out loud to me.
This dude has me do HIS work for him. When I send him the work, he erases my signature off of the email and sends the work directly to his boss. He assumes it is correct and doesn't bother to check it or attempt to do the work himself. lmfao...the funniest part of it all is that when he sends My work to his boss he doesn't erase my name off of the attachement. He also doesn't remove the FW: From the subject of the email.
lol...funny stuff.

The job is NOT hard. It is very simple if you can read.

This dude is just driving me crazy. He keeps telling me, that I'm a 'squared away Supervisor' and that all of my work is ALWAYS correct. He has no clue if my work is correct because he doesn't check ANY of it.
He makes me want to mess up everything I send him for a day, just so he gets @)# from HIS boss. That would be so funny...and he would deserve it. He needs to learn a lesson.
I have tried to explain to him that he NEEDS to check my work prior to sending it to his boss. I've even tried to scare him into checking my work by waiting until he sends the work to his boss, then asking him if he checked to see if it is correct. When he asks me why I ask, I tell him that I $*%ed the work up on purpose because I knew he wouldn't check it. Then he gets all scared...but it doesn't scare him into actually doing his job....

This post has been edited by bubbles: Sep 6 2008, 10:53 AM

--------------------
Nobody enjoys a red X.

+Quote Post
TheWatch
post Sep 6 2008, 11:24 AM
Post #46

Member No.: 13,836

QUOTE(bubbles @ Sep 6 2008, 09:47 AM) *
My new pet peeve is stupid supervisors.

My direct supervisor is extremely stupid. He asks me to read all of the mails he sends out to see if they 'sound right.' If I ask him a question, he asks it right back to me. He is completely clueless about all of our polices.
When work is sent to him, he reads the email aloud and asks me how to do it.
When I send him work that is due weekly/biweekly, he opens the email, then asks me if it is correct. If I say that it is...he sends it to his boss without checking my work.
He has no idea how to do my job, he also has no idea how to do my subordinate's job.
The same question gets asked of me over and over again.
This dude is so dim, that when he gets emails telling him that he did something wrong...he READS them out loud to me.
This dude has me do HIS work for him. When I send him the work, he erases my signature off of the email and sends the work directly to his boss. He assumes it is correct and doesn't bother to check it or attempt to do the work himself. lmfao...the funniest part of it all is that when he sends My work to his boss he doesn't erase my name off of the attachement. He also doesn't remove the FW: From the subject of the email.
lol...funny stuff.

The job is NOT hard. It is very simple if you can read.

This dude is just driving me crazy. He keeps telling me, that I'm a 'squared away Supervisor' and that all of my work is ALWAYS correct. He has no clue if my work is correct because he doesn't check ANY of it.
He makes me want to mess up everything I send him for a day, just so he gets @)# from HIS boss. That would be so funny...and he would deserve it. He needs to learn a lesson.
I have tried to explain to him that he NEEDS to check my work prior to sending it to his boss. I've even tried to scare him into checking my work by waiting until he sends the work to his boss, then asking him if he checked to see if it is correct. When he asks me why I ask, I tell him that I $*%ed the work up on purpose because I knew he wouldn't check it. Then he gets all scared...but it doesn't scare him into actually doing his job....

I say, write to his boss, explain what's going on and ask if you can have his job. You either end up with a promotion or they will have a serious talk with the guy. That's just my opinion.

--------------------
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

--Albert Einstein--

+Quote Post
TheWatch
post Sep 6 2008, 11:27 AM
Post #47

QUOTE(BigNic @ Sep 2 2008, 11:03 AM) *
ive thought about that too jen she kinda blows it off and keeps doing i think she thinks i like it.....not my type blink.gif

Next time she tries it just tell her "Look, if you do that again I'm going to have to file a sexual harassment suit against you. It puts me in a bad mood and when I come home all ticked off my boyfriend doesn't appreciate it." It would shut her down on all fronts... but you might get a reputation. laugh.gif

--------------------
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

--Albert Einstein--

+Quote Post
bubbles
post Sep 6 2008, 12:16 PM
Post #48

QUOTE(TheWatch @ Sep 6 2008, 10:24 AM) *
I say, write to his boss, explain what's going on and ask if you can have his job. You either end up with a promotion or they will have a serious talk with the guy. That's just my opinion.

I've already explained the situation to his boss. His boss agrees 100%.
My boss's boss has me BC him on every email I send my boss.
That was he knows who is doing what.

My gut tells me this guy doesn't have much longer. His boss just keeps telling me to 'hang in there' and promised that the situation will 'get better'. His boss had talked with him multiple times and they are going to talk again on Monday.

We'll see how it turns out.

Thanks Watch smile.gif

--------------------
Nobody enjoys a red X.

+Quote Post
TheWatch
post Sep 6 2008, 12:24 PM
Post #49

I agree it doesn't sound like he has much longer. They are probably putting together a file on him so they can let him go without any questions. I hope they appreciate your hard work, if not remind 'em wink.gif Good luck laugh.gif

--------------------

--Albert Einstein--

+Quote Post
bubbles
post Sep 6 2008, 12:26 PM
Post #50

QUOTE(TheWatch @ Sep 6 2008, 11:24 AM) *
I agree it doesn't sound like he has much longer. They are probably putting together a file on him so they can let him go without any questions. I hope they appreciate your hard work, if not remind 'em wink.gif Good luck laugh.gif

lol laugh.gif It's all good. I only get on here at work...so when he gets me mad I relax with y'all. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Nobody enjoys a red X.

+Quote Post
BigNic
post Sep 6 2008, 12:54 PM
Post #51

Member No.: 14,967

lol the reputation isnt a good option either sad.gif

+Quote Post
bubbles
post Sep 6 2008, 01:27 PM
Post #52

QUOTE(BigNic @ Sep 6 2008, 11:54 AM) *
lol the reputation isnt a good option either sad.gif

lol blink.gif

--------------------
Nobody enjoys a red X.

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_Bl1zzard_*
post Sep 6 2008, 08:48 PM
Post #53

Guests

People who plagiarize mad.gif

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_lightning10_*
post Sep 6 2008, 11:09 PM
Post #54

Guests

Things I do not like...

teenage mutant ninja turtles
chester cheetah
Bess the Internet Filter dog when I went to high school
gummy bears
Zebra on the gum

+Quote Post
mmi16
post Sep 6 2008, 11:15 PM
Post #55

Member No.: 13,204

QUOTE(bubbles @ Sep 6 2008, 02:16 PM) *
I've already explained the situation to his boss. His boss agrees 100%.
My boss's boss has me BC him on every email I send my boss.
That was he knows who is doing what.

My gut tells me this guy doesn't have much longer. His boss just keeps telling me to 'hang in there' and promised that the situation will 'get better'. His boss had talked with him multiple times and they are going to talk again on Monday.

We'll see how it turns out.

Thanks Watch smile.gif

Fridays or the last day of the month are the normal 'firing' days.

--------------------
Never too old to have a happy childhood!

Don't put an age limit on your dreams!

+Quote Post
TheWatch
post Sep 7 2008, 11:27 AM
Post #56

QUOTE(lightning10 @ Sep 6 2008, 10:09 PM) *
Things I do not like...

teenage mutant ninja turtles
chester cheetah
Bess the Internet Filter dog when I went to high school
gummy bears
Zebra on the gum

That's very specific, did you have a traumatizing childhood event that involved mascots?

--------------------

--Albert Einstein--

+Quote Post
wxdude1964
post Sep 7 2008, 09:20 PM
Post #57

Member No.: 14,395

QUOTE(TheWatch @ Sep 7 2008, 01:27 PM) *
That's very specific, did you have a traumatizing childhood event that involved mascots?

blink.gif laugh.gif blink.gif
Yeah, I agree Watch!
Probably has a problem with Tucan for Fruit Loops or Tony the Tiger rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Snowfall 2007-2008 season-11.4 inches
Snowfall 2008-2009 season-13.1 inches
Snowfall 2009-2010 season-68.6 inches
Snowfall 2010-2011 season-19.5 inches
Snowfall 2011-2012 season-16.5 inches.
Snowfall 2012-2013 season-25.9 inches.
Snowfall 2013-2014 season-41.1 inches.
Snowfall 2014-2015 season-33.7 inches.
Snowfall 2015-2016 season-33.4 inches.

+Quote Post
LoganTyler
post Sep 7 2008, 11:28 PM
Post #58

Member No.: 12,058

By far and away, worst pet peeve is terrible drivers on road. Couple of instances that come to mind, people who hug the right side of the road when they are stopped to make a left hand turn, and cosquentially you have to stop because theres no room to move around them to the right on the shoulder. Another one, people who are looking to pull out from a stop onto the road the same direction your heading, and so they pull out in front of you at less than optimal safe distance, making you have to hit the breaks, only for them to drive 10 under the limit, who not 10 seconds ago pulled out in front of me like their house was on fire and they had to get home. And I might not get a few more fans for having said this, but I'm going to say it anyway, not because it's my opinion, but its from direct observation, and that is that atleast 80% of the times that I see these occurances, among others, a female driver rolleyes.gif is the culprit. All you female drivers out there, don't take it personally, perhaps it's just a local thing amongst the female drivers in greater Binghamton, I don't know, I can't figure it out. unsure.gif

This post has been edited by LoganTyler: Sep 8 2008, 02:02 AM

--------------------
- Logan -

A.S. in Business Administration-- Broome Comm. College '08
B.S. in Accounting-- Binghamton University '10
M.B.A. in Public Accounting-- SUNY Oswego '12
M.S. in Forensic Accounting-- SUNY Brockport '13

+Quote Post
bcw123
post Sep 10 2008, 08:43 AM
Post #59

Member No.: 14,184

Here's a good one:

BAD BREATH!!!!!!! I make it a habbit to always take very good care of my teeth, brushing at least twice a day, and i always carry gum or mints in case im having a breath emergency, because honestly, thats the WORST!! I dont want anyone thinking "oh man why is she talking so close to me her breath is SO BAD" lol that would be awful... i just dont understand how its possible that some people dont know/dont care about their bad breath.

I just had a guy come into my work, and i could smell his AWFUL breath from across the counter.. it smacked me in the face after he said "hello" lol ONE WORD. It smelled like he had been dead at least a couple days.. ahahaha so bad.

--------------------
"Every book is a children's book if the kid can read." -Mitch Hedberg

+Quote Post
robofishvselvis
post Sep 10 2008, 11:50 AM
Post #60

Member No.: 14,471

QUOTE(BigNic @ Sep 2 2008, 01:48 PM) *
how much more carful i have to be because im a male is a pet peeve of mine theres this crazy girl at my work who likes to sneak up behind me and give a me a purple nurple at least once a day..... i always so *bleep*ed off cus i know if i were to repeadly do somthing like that to her id be fired but she can just get away with it over and over

See, this is the random right here laugh.gif

--------------------
He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.

-Douglas Adams

+Quote Post

55 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2017 - 10:28 AM