Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Events quickly forgotten. Share yours
Too close
post Apr 16 2014, 01:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 26,470

The tornado outbreak on April 15, 2011 was almost completely erased from the memory banks a mere 12 days later by the outbreak on April 27. What have you done for me lately.

http://www.alabamas13.com/story/25245135/w...o-outbreak-2011
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NYCSuburbs
post Aug 3 2014, 11:07 PM
Post #2

Group: Member
Member No.: 15,491

QUOTE(Too close @ Apr 16 2014, 02:36 PM) *
The tornado outbreak on April 15, 2011 was almost completely erased from the memory banks a mere 12 days later by the outbreak on April 27. What have you done for me lately.

http://www.alabamas13.com/story/25245135/w...o-outbreak-2011

It's odd that I actually remember that one more than the April 27 outbreak, although I was on vacation around the 15th and checked the radar frequently, when almost all of New Jersey was simultaneously covered with heavy rain, which probably influenced my perception of both events.

Most people I know from the NYC area don't seem to remember the November 7-8, 2012 snowstorm well, even though it was quite anomalous for recent years (I think the snowiest November in NYC since 1987 or so), which was overshadowed by Sandy just a week earlier. I was in Albany when Sandy passed by and left almost no impact; if I didn't have ties to the NYC area I may also have partly forgotten about it by now.

A few other recent events from the NYC area which I recall were to some extent forgotten include the 10/7/13 Paramus, NJ tornado which came in the midst of a drought and one of the driest Octobers on record, and the December 21 anomalous warmth with highs in the 70s near NYC and northeast NJ, one of the very few breaks from the almost relentless cold and snow of the winter.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2017 - 02:56 PM