Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1970s: The decade for weather
TJ Schulte
post Dec 27 2008, 01:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 13,616

It would've been great to see the weather that happened in the 70s. Heck to this day our winters are still compared to those of the 70s. Here in the Midwest the 70s bought some of the snowiest winters ever, some of the worst snowstorms ever and the worst tornado outbreaks in history. That decade was the decade of weather.

--------------------
NW Ohio's First Poster

Weather Blog

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_wfreeck_*
post Dec 27 2008, 09:04 PM
Post #2

Guests

QUOTE(TJ Schulte @ Dec 27 2008, 02:40 PM) *
It would've been great to see the weather that happened in the 70s. Heck to this day our winters are still compared to those of the 70s. Here in the Midwest the 70s bought some of the snowiest winters ever, some of the worst snowstorms ever and the worst tornado outbreaks in history. That decade was the decade of weather.

Don't worry, weather patterns always repeat themselves. wink.gif

We'll see 70s-like winters sometime in our lifetime (even if it 's 40 years from now). laugh.gif

+Quote Post
TJ Schulte
post Dec 28 2008, 11:55 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 13,616

QUOTE(wfreeck @ Dec 27 2008, 10:04 PM) *
Don't worry, weather patterns always repeat themselves. wink.gif

We'll see 70s-like winters sometime in our lifetime (even if it 's 40 years from now). laugh.gif

I care more about the 70s severe seasons than I do the snowstorms. Would I like those brutal winters with record setting snowfalls, of course but I'd rather have another Super Outbreak. I have yet to see a 'real' tornado outbreak in my area. I was in delivery for the last big outbreak in NW Ohio(there was a tornado warning while I was being born laugh.gif ). 16 years of waiting, come on tornado outbreak. I want to see an F3 or higher tornado since I've only seen F2's and lower.

--------------------
NW Ohio's First Poster

Weather Blog

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_wfreeck_*
post Dec 29 2008, 07:06 AM
Post #4

Guests

QUOTE(TJ Schulte @ Dec 29 2008, 12:55 AM) *
I care more about the 70s severe seasons than I do the snowstorms. Would I like those brutal winters with record setting snowfalls, of course but I'd rather have another Super Outbreak. I have yet to see a 'real' tornado outbreak in my area. I was in delivery for the last big outbreak in NW Ohio(there was a tornado warning while I was being born laugh.gif ). 16 years of waiting, come on tornado outbreak. I want to see an F3 or higher tornado since I've only seen F2's and lower.

I kinda meant weather repeats itself period, I just specified the 70s winters.

What's funny is I did expeirence a "tornado outbreak", but I was too young to realize it (in 1997 or 1998 when Detroit had the big tornado).

+Quote Post
SnowMan11
post Jan 29 2009, 08:04 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 14,017

My dad said that the winter if 1977 was just brutal.

--------------------
LETS GO METS

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 08:39 AM