Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Save Jim Kosek!, Bring Crazy JK Back to D.C. & East Coast!
WeatherMatrix
post Jan 16 2009, 04:07 PM
Post #1

Admin

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2

You may have heard the screaming on YouTube already... our very own Jim Kosek was moved off of East Coast city videos last month and we've started to get an avalanche of feedback asking for him to return. Do you miss (or maybe don't miss) Jim Kosek too? Send us an email at the email address that he shows in the video below (wemissjim @ accuweather.com), or post over on our Forums, whether your from D.C. or not.

WHO IS JIM KOSEK? He's probably our most "unique" broadcast meteorologist and has that classic "wacky weatherman" streak in him. To say he's "animated" would be an understatement. The summary: You either love 'em or hate 'em. You can see samples of Jim's antics on my blog and in our Video on Demand player (providing he is in the office the day you check it).

Here is some of the feedback we've received:

I was very dismayed when Jim announced that henceforth he'd only be making cameo appearances on my morning/wake-me-up weather forecasts. He is my prime Philly guy........*bleep*, double *bleep*, I want him back. His replacements are nice 'plastic weather readers' but as Churchill once said: (they are) a pudding without a theme. The lot, sadly, bore me back to slumber; I may fall off my seat at the kitchen table or hurt my head if I hit it on the lid of my laptop.......not nice. Seriously, Jim not only is the most accurate, but the only fun personality I've seen on accuweather.com. No disrespect meant to anyone else. In anticipation of Jim's near term return to his rightful position as the prime Philly guy, I thank you in advance.

-- Carl P., Doylestown Twp
Mr. Kosek didnt save my life but i like him anyways

-- Scott A.
OK everyone, it's time to bring THE MAN, THE MYTH, AND THE LEGEND of weather back to the screens. The weather isn't the same with out him, and face it, with Ground Hog day coming, Kosek needs to deliver! Rally the troops and email "wemissjim @ accuweather.com"
to get Jim THE HAMMER Kosek back! Al Roker look out!

-- Joe M.
Canít tell you enough how much we miss Jim. I have seen the weather once or twice since you have changed the format, and I have to tell you, I have all but written Accuweather.com off completely. I tune in to get the weather but it is also entertainment, so much so that we had a clan of people here where I work that would watch it over an over. I can watch the weather channel if I want to feel no connection with the weather, Jim made personal, he made it worth watching up here in Syracuse. If we wrote to Jim and asked him to give us a shout out up here at work, the very next forecast there was usually something from him. Now the forecasters usually mispronounce Oswego. Now I know you all do the weather for countless cities and canít get them all right, Just seems like Jim went through the trouble to learn the ins and outs of the local areas he forecasted, that is something you are going to find no where else. Please bring him back to the cities he covered before. It may only have been a minute and half a day but that is what I and other would seek your site out for. He is a great asset to your company, please donít keep him off the air.

Thanks for your consideration,

-- Brian M.
I use accuweather.com as my main weather source, and I used to watch Jim Kosekís weather forecasts every morning. I follow weather closely and his enthusiastic approach was a great way to present an informative forecast. He has been greatly missed by many here at the golf course, as we always enjoyed following his forecasts on accuweather.com. Please bring Jim Kosek back!!

-- Mike E., Arnold, MD
I'm am deeply disappointed by the absence of Jim Kosek. Last I checked there was some bland run of the mill woman on there. He was the sole reason I went to accuweather.com. And I also told countless friends and coworkers to go to accuweather instead of weather channel to see his videos. Please put him back on!

-- Brian H.
We want Jim back in Baltimore! He needs to be brought back ASAP, he really is the only bright spot in my life.

-- Daniel M., Baltimore
I was given this address to express my great dissapointment at no longer seeing Jim Kosek on the Accuweather website! Over the years Kosek has "made my day" with his imaginitive and funny weather forecasts. Most meteorologist these days are too serious and preoccupied with being "professional". To me, Kosek, while predicting the weather, was also having fun. We're only here for a short time.We need to make the best of it, and have fun. That to me is Jim Kosek! Let's get him back where he belongs!

-- Jeff L., York Springs, PA
Every morning, my entire office would gather around the flat panel hooked up to a computer and watch Jimís wonderful forecasts for Harrisburg. Since heís been taken off, we rarely Ė if ever Ė visit AccuWeatherís site for our weather news. Jim was a part of our daily routine, and made the weather fun. Please, please reconsider shifting him away from his talent and bring him back to regional videos!

-- Anonymous
Please return Jim. He was the humor and sunshine of my occasional blue days.

-- Richard G., Frederick, MD
Bring back Jim!! Also, ou may want to put the Kosek DC video on the DC forecast instead of one in upstate New York. Just a thought your freakin geniuses !!

-- Justin Z., Washington, D.C.
BRING BACK JIM TO DC!

I'VE MISSED HIM LIKE FAT KIDS MISS CANDY

I'VE MISSED HIM LIKE ESKIMOS MISS SNOW

I'VE MISSED HIM LIKE SARAH PALIN MISSES ATTENTION

I'VE MISSED HIM LIKE ENOUGH TO TYPE AN EMAIL IN ALL CAPITALS! THAT'S
HOW YOU KNOW IT'S SERIOUS!

BRING BACK JIM TO DC!!!!

Seriously, he was the whole reason I went to your website...otherwise
I'm just going back to NOAA & the Weather Channel.

-- Dominic G.
Bring back Jim!

-- Jeffery J.
bring jim back to DC!!!

-- Ian B.
Bring Jim Back! That's all i have to say!

-- Donald H., Washington D.C.
Jim Kosek needs to be back on the DC forecast beat! Please, bring him back!

-- Geoff H.
As a DC resident, I used to love waking up to Jim Kosek's weather forecast. What a great way to start the day! Now that he's gone, my days suck. Please bring him back!

-- Robert J., Washington D.C.
Please put Jim on the DC weather beat. Weather in DC just isn't the same without him.

-- Doug T., Columbia Heights, D.C.
I REALLY REALLY MISS JIM! BRING HIM BACK TO DC!!!!

-- Kate H.
Please bring Jim Kosek back to the daily webcast. He was the most informative, creative and entertaining presenter on your site. In fact, I started watching the Accu-weather webcasts more than a year ago entirely because of Jim. I watch DC and PA weather webcasts and they are not nearly as good without him. Groundhog Day is just around the corner. Who better to protect us from the wrath of the obese little rodent than Kosek?

-- Bob H., Annandale, VA
Bring him back! I want Jim back by Inauguration day!

-- Rob. L.
Where's the MAN? Dear Accuweather, Where is Jim with our Burlington forcast??? We want him back!!! The Rocks Port Kent NY...... Thanks for your help!!!!

-- Rock M., Burlington, VT
we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim. we miss jim.

-- Jeff. C.
PLEASE bring Jim Kosek back to DC weather forecasting. THere are so
many terrible lame-*bleep* people in the city. Jim provided me a way out.
please please bring him back. Don't do this.

-- Costa T., Washington D.C.
Where the *bleep* is Jim?? Please bring screaming Jim back to DC. He is greatly missed. I will be getting my weather info from other sources until you do.

Thanks,

-- Matt S., Washington D.C.
Please just bring him back before he yells at all of us or busts a blood vessel.

-- Bruce D.
Don't Take Our Jim Away!

-- James U.
Please bring back Jim by Inauguration Day. We need him. The country needs him. The world needs him.

-- Michael D.
The guy is hilarious ... and informative!

-- Carl O., Washington D.C.
Bring back Jim Kosek to the DC forecast!!! Please!

-- John S.
I guess we are not the only ones to miss Jim since there is this e-mail address. But, we truly not only miss him - we need him. We have a very stressful job solving crisis 8 hours a day. Every morning, almost all of us here start our day with Jim and a cup of Joe. Jim is not replaceable and honestly, we donít watch accuweather anymore since Jim disappeared. Please bring Jim back!!!!!!!!!!

-- Angela C., Nottingham, MD
I live in the Baltimore Area and I noticed a while back that Jim Kosek is no longer doing the video broadcasts. He is missed in our office and it really provided a bright spot in any given day that he was doing a video. I check the Accuweather website almost everyday and I used to look forward to the going to the Baltimore page and scrolling down on the left side looking for some laughs. Please put Jim back on for the Baltimore Videos. He is missedÖ.

-- Daniel M., Nottingham, MD
Iím writing to let you know that I miss Jim Kosekís video forecasts! Where is he? He is the only reason that I watched the Accuweather forecast videos. If I saw that he was not doing the forecast, I didnít bother to watch. I would just go to the 5-day outlook and see whatís coming up. I also turned other people onto your website because of Jim. Please bring him back.
I live in Washington D.C. and people are just so boring here. Jimís forecasts were great! Thank you.

-- Dawn L., Washington D.C.
Did you all take Jim Kosek off the DC beat? Count me in as a vote to bring him back!

-- Jason Lefkowitz, Alexandria, VA

--------------------
-- Jesse Ferrell, FORUM ADMIN & MODERATOR

-- AccuWeather.com Meteorologist / Social Media Coordinator

-- My Blog | My Facebook Page

HELPFUL LINKS: MODEL FAQ / WEATHER QUESTIONS | FORUM FAQ / QUESTIONS
STAY ON TOPIC! TALK ABOUT PAST STORMS | TALK ABOUT NON-WEATHER STUFF
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
WeatherMatrix
post Jan 19 2009, 01:28 PM
Post #2

Admin

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2

More feedback from the weekend...

It used to be a pleasure to get my weather now it is boring bring jim back

-- Kiernan C.
bring back jim

-- Antoinette M., D.C. Area
Please bring Jim back on a regular basis. He brightens my day everyday I listen to him. He is a real talent. Don't think DC needs some talent? Thanks.

-- Jim C.
Bring Back Jim Please!

-- Ludwig J.
I miss Jim - he makes me laugh! PLEEEASE put Jim back ON!!!

-- Doug H., Columbia, PA
What happened to Jim's Forecast for Washington D.C.? I loved watching his forecast, it helped me get through the day. Please bring him back!!

-- Joe B., Washington, DC
We want Jim back in Baltimore! He needs to be brought back ASAP, he really is the only bright spot in my life.

-- Daniel M., Baltimore, MD
I want Jim back! He use to do the Scranton PA forecast. Bring him back for us.

-- Yankees Fan
I've been an avid viewer of Jim's unique and entertaining weather forecast videos for the Washington DC area. I noticed recently that he "disappeared". Today, I read on the Capital Weather Gang blog on the Washington Post that there is a campaign to get him back doing DC area videos. You can count a vote from me.

-- Jonathan Y., Washington, D.C.
He was annoying as *bleep*, but such a nice change of pace from those other run of the mill mealy mouthed, saccharine weather people.

-- Alex S.
Miss his enthusiastic weather forecasting! Never a dull moment with Jim. We demand JIM!!!!

-- KML
I thought I was one of a few, but am glad to see that Jim K has a great following.

I teach high school earth science and environmental science in suburban Baltimore. Last year, we began each class with Jim's (often outrageous, yet informative, and entertaining) Baltimore weather summary. The interesting thing for me is that he seemed to appeal the most to the kids who were not too interested in school. They could not wait to get to class. When he subbed in on weekends, the students would ask if I had seen him or his antics on Sat. or Sun.

PLEASE, bring him back to Baltimore. No offense to the rest of the staff. You have a great site. Keep up the good work. Sorry to see the Nittany Lions fall so hard. Jo-Pa for president.

-- Greg H., Baltimore, MD
Please bring Jim back to the east coast cities! His reports are so entertaining!

-- Billy B., Clear Spring, MD
We miss Jim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-- Darren M.
Hey! I like Jim! Don't take him away! JUST KIDDING! The only reason I go to your site is because of HIM. He is funny.

-- Erika K.
I am a HUGE fan of Jim and his antics, so much so that I have even ripped some videos of my favorite moments and uploaded them to youtube.
He is a true original and I love the free reign that he is given to be as hilarious as he wants.. even dragging his producer into the bits.
"Ain't that right, Dick!" and "Blame it on the HOG!" are classic quotes.

I have stopped watching the local forecast videos since he's been re-assigned. Please bring Jim back to Philly!

-- Pete W., Huntingdon Valley, PA
Another vote to have Jim put back into DC's local videos. He's quite funny, I had been wondering why he totally dissapeared until a notification video about emailing here poped up before the forecast.

-- CGV
DC Needs JIM!

-- Mike W.

--------------------
-- Jesse Ferrell, FORUM ADMIN & MODERATOR

-- AccuWeather.com Meteorologist / Social Media Coordinator

-- My Blog | My Facebook Page

HELPFUL LINKS: MODEL FAQ / WEATHER QUESTIONS | FORUM FAQ / QUESTIONS
STAY ON TOPIC! TALK ABOUT PAST STORMS | TALK ABOUT NON-WEATHER STUFF

+Quote Post
Weatherman Tyler
post Jan 25 2009, 07:24 PM
Post #3

Group: SuperModerator
Member No.: 12,145

Is there any news about bringing him back?

--------------------
Student Meteorologist Tyler Jankoski
The Pennsylvania State University '14
www.TylersWeather.com

Northwest Connecticut Weather:
www.TylersWeather.com

+Quote Post
STORM KING
post Jan 27 2009, 11:19 AM
Post #4

Group: Member
Member No.: 17,031

JIM ! ,JIM ! ! , JIM ! ! !,
Where are you ? You are the best bud !

+Quote Post
shawnzam
post Feb 18 2009, 12:31 PM
Post #5

Group: Member
Member No.: 17,625

I miss Jim, any news?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 07:11 AM