Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> other sensors with Weatherlink
Removed_Member_Joseph Toubes_*
post Jan 24 2009, 02:51 PM
Post #1

Guests

I have written Davis about wanting tags for the other sensors beyond station 4 and no real answer except sending to their developers.

Anyone have any luck getting all 8 stations, i.e. tags to work or be recognized by weatherlink?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dalecoy
post Jan 26 2009, 08:23 PM
Post #2

Group: Founding Member
Member No.: 1,672

QUOTE(Joseph Toubes @ Jan 24 2009, 04:51 PM) *
I have written Davis about wanting tags for the other sensors beyond station 4 and no real answer except sending to their developers.

Anyone have any luck getting all 8 stations, i.e. tags to work or be recognized by weatherlink?

I'm not sure exactly what tags you are hunting (or if you are just saying that the existing tags don't work).

From the tag list, there appear to be tags for 8 stations for the various Temperature and Humidity items. But no tags for stations 5-8 for soil moisture/temp/leaf wetness.

I don't think there's a practical solution for "us" adding more tags - it's something the developers would have to do.

+Quote Post
°rjan
post Feb 18 2009, 11:49 AM
Post #3

Group: Founding Member
Member No.: 9

hi joe.......does your right hand know about your weather electrronics purchase???how many gadgets are you really (!!!) possesing?

i know my wife would have sent me to the nearest work house, or even planted a house ontop of me, if id done what youre doing

i really envy you.................... mad.gif

°rjan

--------------------

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_Joseph Toubes_*
post Feb 18 2009, 09:25 PM
Post #4

Guests

QUOTE(°rjan @ Feb 18 2009, 11:49 AM) *
hi joe.......does your right hand know about your weather electrronics purchase???how many gadgets are you really (!!!) possesing?

i know my wife would have sent me to the nearest work house, or even planted a house ontop of me, if id done what youre doing

i really envy you.................... mad.gif

°rjan

I got an email that you posted so here I am.. No, haven't bought any new weather equipment lately. too cold out to install it anyway. I do plan on moving some sensors this summer, my 2 and 3 foot depth soil probes this summer when I can get out to that station.

I did purchase my wife a new computer and latched on to her old one. It needed a new power supply and it has Windows xp. I figure it will last about a year or so... ANyway then I am trying out VirtualVP to see how it loads both Weatherlink, Weatherdisplay at the same time. I also have Weatherlink IP running so I have an overload of stuff loading. Right now the weatherdisplay is lagging behind in ftping updates. I am guessing it is a bit behind weatherlink, so I am going to need to watch that and possibly change some upload times on the Weatherdisplay to hit right. Weatherdisplay allows for odd time uploads.

The only thing I purchased remotely related to weather is Blackberry Curve. I can get my site to show up on it and that is kind of nice. I also had to replace the digital camera got a Powershot SX110 .. that is about the extent of my purchases.

As far as reception, I have an Envoy in the cellar, it has several walls .. concrete block plus all the vent work down there and I am still getting great reception with the VP2. I am amazed that it gets that high being below the line of sight and and below the surface. I am guessing that the signal reflects significantly or sufficiently to bounce in down there.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 10:30 PM