Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FAQ: Forecasts For ME, How Can I Get a Forecast for MY Backyard?
WeatherMatrix
post Jan 25 2009, 11:54 AM
Post #1

Admin

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2

These Forums are meant for discussion and are not meant to provide official or unofficial forecasts for specific locations. Please refrain from asking in the Forums what the forecast is for your backyard. Instead, follow the instructions below.

1. Check your forecast on AccuWeather.com by putting in your zipcode there. That will provide you with amounts of snow, ice, rain and specific temperatures for the next 15 days. Consult your 15-Day Forecast, WeatherAlarms (if any), and AccuPOP for more information.

2. Check the AccuWeather.com Weather Headlines for snowfall and hurricane maps.

3. Check your government (National Weather Service) forecast, and any Official NWS Watches or Advisories.

Now, you have two official forecasts. You can also watch the various maps that our Forum users may post in "U.S. Current Weather" threads, to see if they have alternate forecasts for your area.

To dicuss rules and alternatives for "In My Backyard (IMBY) Forecasts" please click here.

--------------------
-- Jesse Ferrell, FORUM ADMIN & MODERATOR

-- AccuWeather.com Meteorologist / Social Media Coordinator

-- My Blog | My Facebook Page

HELPFUL LINKS: MODEL FAQ / WEATHER QUESTIONS | FORUM FAQ / QUESTIONS
STAY ON TOPIC! TALK ABOUT PAST STORMS | TALK ABOUT NON-WEATHER STUFF
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_Bl1zzard_*
post Jan 25 2009, 03:08 PM
Post #2

Guests

QUOTE(WeatherMatrix @ Jan 25 2009, 12:54 PM) *
These Forums are meant for discussion and are not meant to provide official or unofficial forecasts for specific locations. Please refrain from asking in the Forums what the forecast is for your backyard. Instead, follow the instructions below.

1. Check your forecast on AccuWeather.com by putting in your zipcode there. That will provide you with amounts of snow, ice, rain and specific temperatures for the next 15 days. Consult your 15-Day Forecast, WeatherAlarms (if any), and AccuPOP for more information.

2. Check the AccuWeather.com Weather Headlines for snowfall and hurricane maps.

3. Check your government (National Weather Service) forecast, and any Official NWS Watches or Advisories.

Now, you have two official forecasts. You can also watch the various maps that our Forum users may post in "U.S. Current Weather" threads, to see if they have alternate forecasts for your area.

To dicuss rules and alternatives for "In My Backyard (IMBY) Forecasts" please click here.

You may want to actually put this in the guidelines when you sign up to the forums.

Or, an even better idea. This and a few other little notes you've made over time regarding what you prefer to be posted, could be added in to an opening post in each forecast topic opened. That way, whenever someone checks a new thread, the first post (or second if a mod didn't open the topic) would be a brief and concise set of guidelines to posting.

This post has been edited by Bl1zzard: Jan 25 2009, 03:10 PM

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_StormTopia.com_*
post Oct 21 2010, 07:56 PM
Post #3

Guests

I think IMBY forecasts should be allowed if done *infrequently* via PM. That way, the other members won't be bothered. Or people could have a setting where they will answer or NOT answer IMBY forecasts taht they set when the sign up for the forums. That way, its not spam but directed spam to those who are intrested laugh.gif

+Quote Post
jdrenken
post Oct 24 2010, 01:31 PM
Post #4

Group: SuperModerator
Member No.: 14,521

QUOTE(StormTopia.com @ Oct 21 2010, 07:56 PM) *
I think IMBY forecasts should be allowed if done *infrequently* via PM. That way, the other members won't be bothered. Or people could have a setting where they will answer or NOT answer IMBY forecasts taht they set when the sign up for the forums. That way, its not spam but directed spam to those who are intrested laugh.gif

The only problem with that is our more popular posters would get inundated with private messages. If someone can't see from the various amateur forecast of what could hit their backyard, then we can't help them. I see on Dr. Greg Forbes FB page a ton of IMBY post and he's seeing exactly what problems could be created with a PM request like you provided. Half the time you can't read the FB status post where he gave the TORN:CON because you have to sift thru the IMBY post.

--------------------
For the record...I AM THE MISSOURI MAULER!

It's a work in progress!

Have a question? Look at our FAQ first.

89.5 FM KOPN Weather Blog

If it is important enough to you, you will find a way. If it is not, you will find an excuse.

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_StormTopia.com_*
post Oct 24 2010, 03:16 PM
Post #5

Guests

Yeah Jdrenken makes sense

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 07:04 AM