Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Weather Alarms units on the iPhone
Moonbird
post Feb 12 2009, 02:43 AM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 17,549

Hello All !

I've been using AccuWeather on my iPhone for some time now, and it works pretty well.

I just wonder what are the units on the Weather Alarms screen for the different alarms that can appear: Rain, Wind, Ice, Snow ... (that's what I saw so far smile.gif ) : I guess it's the American system (inches for rain, snow, ice, miles/hr) for wind but I'm not sure.

Also, if it's the case, it seems there's a bug in there since everything else in my app is displayed in metric units (as per my preferences), except that. Where can I report such a bug ?

Thanks for your help,
Moonbird
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
WeatherMatrix
post Feb 13 2009, 02:36 PM
Post #2

Admin

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Moonbird @ Feb 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Hello All !

I've been using AccuWeather on my iPhone for some time now, and it works pretty well.

I just wonder what are the units on the Weather Alarms screen for the different alarms that can appear: Rain, Wind, Ice, Snow ... (that's what I saw so far smile.gif ) : I guess it's the American system (inches for rain, snow, ice, miles/hr) for wind but I'm not sure.

Also, if it's the case, it seems there's a bug in there since everything else in my app is displayed in metric units (as per my preferences), except that. Where can I report such a bug ?

Thanks for your help,
Moonbird

If you go into your Preferences, you can see what your units are set to. We should state them though. In the future, click on Contact Us on AccuWeather.com to open a ticket with support staff.

--------------------
-- Jesse Ferrell, FORUM ADMIN & MODERATOR

-- AccuWeather.com Meteorologist / Social Media Coordinator

-- My Blog | My Facebook Page

HELPFUL LINKS: MODEL FAQ / WEATHER QUESTIONS | FORUM FAQ / QUESTIONS
STAY ON TOPIC! TALK ABOUT PAST STORMS | TALK ABOUT NON-WEATHER STUFF

+Quote Post
Moonbird
post Feb 13 2009, 03:51 PM
Post #3

Group: Member
Member No.: 17,549

QUOTE(WeatherMatrix @ Feb 13 2009, 09:36 PM) *
If you go into your Preferences, you can see what your units are set to. We should state them though. In the future, click on Contact Us on AccuWeather.com to open a ticket with support staff.

My units are set on the metric system in my Preferences. But it seems to me that the units used on the Weather Alarms screen are in the English system.

Can I double check the values on the Web ? Next time I see an alarm with, let's say, "Rain 2,5" I'd like to go check on the Web and see there the value displayed and compare it with my iPhone's.

Thanks for your help,
Moonbird

+Quote Post
WeatherMatrix
post Jun 25 2009, 11:39 AM
Post #4

Admin

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Moonbird @ Feb 13 2009, 04:51 PM) *
My units are set on the metric system in my Preferences. But it seems to me that the units used on the Weather Alarms screen are in the English system.

Can I double check the values on the Web ? Next time I see an alarm with, let's say, "Rain 2,5" I'd like to go check on the Web and see there the value displayed and compare it with my iPhone's.

Thanks for your help,
Moonbird

Sure, they should be the same values, unless the forecast updates are off.

--------------------
-- Jesse Ferrell, FORUM ADMIN & MODERATOR

-- AccuWeather.com Meteorologist / Social Media Coordinator

-- My Blog | My Facebook Page

HELPFUL LINKS: MODEL FAQ / WEATHER QUESTIONS | FORUM FAQ / QUESTIONS
STAY ON TOPIC! TALK ABOUT PAST STORMS | TALK ABOUT NON-WEATHER STUFF

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 09:00 PM