Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Weather on Demand, Does current mean current?
Never_Quit
post Mar 28 2009, 08:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 17,955

Well, we were using Cox cable, and they have The Weather Channel, and the local forecast every ten minutes. Seems to be pretty accurate, and being a long distance runner, I always like to check the weather before I go out for a 3 hour run..Well, we have changed from Cox Cable to ATT U Verse. They have Weather On Demand and it's AccuWeather. It's pretty good, but when I look at the Current screen, there's been several times that it isn't correct. Like Yesterday we had a thunderstorm (we live in Ft. Smith AR) and some hail. The sky was cloudy for 30 minutes before the storm and about 15 minutes after the storm. However, the Current screen on Weather On Demand showed it to be sunny and a little wind and warmer. When I looked at the radar, the green storm indicator was still in Oklahoma! I think the one thing AccuWeather can do is to put a time stamp as to when the current stats were last updated. Also, the sun rise and sun set times would be a good addition too. All in all, it's okay, it's not as good as The Weather Channel. The one failing is the radar screen covers several states and thus the resolution is too low. The Weater Channel's radar is in fact, a local radar screen. Yes, I do enter my zip code to view Ft. Smith's local weather. I do like the "Real Feel" as compared to the wind chill.
So, the question is: just how current are the current stats that are displayed? Putting a time stamp as to when they were updated would help.

Thanks
Never Quit
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
WeatherMatrix
post Apr 8 2009, 01:47 PM
Post #2

Admin

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2

I have forwarded your question/suggestion on. My guess would be that the current conditions are updated every 20 minutes.

--------------------
-- Jesse Ferrell, FORUM ADMIN & MODERATOR

-- AccuWeather.com Meteorologist / Social Media Coordinator

-- My Blog | My Facebook Page

HELPFUL LINKS: MODEL FAQ / WEATHER QUESTIONS | FORUM FAQ / QUESTIONS
STAY ON TOPIC! TALK ABOUT PAST STORMS | TALK ABOUT NON-WEATHER STUFF

+Quote Post
Never_Quit
post Apr 18 2009, 05:23 PM
Post #3

Group: Member
Member No.: 17,955

QUOTE(WeatherMatrix @ Apr 8 2009, 02:47 PM) *
I have forwarded your question/suggestion on. My guess would be that the current conditions are updated every 20 minutes.

Thanks Jesse, I appreciate what you did. It'll be interesting to see what they say.
When you hear back from them, please post it in this thread.

Thanks

Never Quit (this is my running handle)

+Quote Post
WeatherMatrix
post Apr 20 2009, 09:16 AM
Post #4

Admin

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Never_Quit @ Apr 18 2009, 06:23 PM) *
Thanks Jesse, I appreciate what you did. It'll be interesting to see what they say.
When you hear back from them, please post it in this thread.

Thanks

Never Quit (this is my running handle)

Your suggestion will be considered by the team who runs the ATT UVERSE product, but you may not receive a response.

--------------------
-- Jesse Ferrell, FORUM ADMIN & MODERATOR

-- AccuWeather.com Meteorologist / Social Media Coordinator

-- My Blog | My Facebook Page

HELPFUL LINKS: MODEL FAQ / WEATHER QUESTIONS | FORUM FAQ / QUESTIONS
STAY ON TOPIC! TALK ABOUT PAST STORMS | TALK ABOUT NON-WEATHER STUFF

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th November 2014 - 08:53 AM