Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Following the Space Station and shuttle as they docked, A lot has happened right over your heads recently
EJAMI
post Mar 30 2009, 09:05 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 13,801

For the last two weeks my family has tracked and watched the U.S. space Shuttle launch and dock with the International Space Station. Every night at a given time you could watch the Space station and The Shuttle fly over our house. Although it's about 220 miles high. You could see it like a bright star flying over our house. You could see it for about 3 to 5 minutes each night in the North Western sky. We also watched two U.S. astronauts walk in space in real time on the NASA Web site. You could see them working on the space station and mounting a solar panel on the outside of the Station.
Then the U.S. shuttle left this last Thursday to return to Florida. You could see the shuttle leaving the Station with the naked eye as one bright light became two and then they slowly separated more and more. Another Space Capsule from Russia launched last Friday and docked with the same space station. On board were a U.S. civilain who paid about 25 million dollars to ride with the U.S. astronaut and a Russian astronaut. The civilian will stay 12 days in space and then return. There is always a spare space capsule on the space station in case the six astronauts that stay there have to leave in an emergency. If you would like to know when you can see the Sapce Station go over your area. Go to NASA.gov and look for the orbit schedule.

--------------------
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by those things that take your breath away!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phyre
post Apr 1 2009, 12:14 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 15,250

My friend is a computer programer at NASA. He writes programs for the space shuttle and the space station. He also has to be in the control room while the space shuttle is up to handel any programming problems that may arise. It's been very interesting, and has kept me much more aware of the things going on with the space agency.

This post has been edited by Phyre: Apr 1 2009, 12:15 PM

--------------------
The Dallas Cowboys Rule!

+Quote Post
cactusjack
post Apr 1 2009, 01:00 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 15,095

QUOTE(Phyre @ Apr 1 2009, 11:14 AM) *
My friend is a computer programer at NASA. He writes programs for the space shuttle and the space station. He also has to be in the control room while the space shuttle is up to handel any programming problems that may arise. It's been very interesting, and has kept me much more aware of the things going on with the space agency.

Do you think NASA is really going to name the node after Stephen Colbert?

--------------------
"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there." -John Wooden

"Change is inevitable, except from vending machines." -Unknown

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th October 2014 - 03:24 AM