Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ozone layer thin over scandinavia
°rjan
post Apr 1 2004, 02:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Founding Member
Member No.: 9

im observing through different channels and on the uv sensor that the ozone values are very low in connection with an anticyclone over scandinavia...DU measurements last weekend were as high as 470 ....today they were 320...........this has an great impact on the uv indekses making values go 0,7-0,8 higher than normal average( +/- 10 % on the indeks for every 10% +/- on the DU scale) for this date .....though its only 2.8 on the indeks its anyway clearly significant in my face.......also this lovely spring weather has brought humidity down to 25% wich is near low records in my area......4 meters from sea and located 500 meters from the north sea
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
°rjan
post Apr 2 2004, 09:23 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 9

still thin Ozone layer ...and very low rel humidity 20%........... the absolute humidity is now about 1.8 grams pr M3............, wind from east rings the easter in and there ll be hopefully a bit of rain tomorrow for my asthmatic 2 year old boy..........for further weather update see weather underground..norway.....IAAKREHA

°rjan
norway

+Quote Post
Vergil83
post Apr 2 2004, 04:02 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 11

you can have some of my rain, i haven't seen the sun for like two weeks, just rain/clouds :evil:

--------------------
chris

+Quote Post
thundercloud
post Apr 17 2004, 05:37 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 6

Thats interesting to note that ozone levels are lower in clear conditons as opposed to stormy wx. It would be worth finding out why that's the case.

--------------------
Artie/NY
B.S. in Meteorology
Daily Hi/Lo & Precip will be posted here: http://thundercloud82.blogspot.com/

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2014 - 06:57 AM