Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

62 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Everything Nascar, Nascar Discussion
hckyplayer8
post Apr 1 2009, 08:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 16,148

Bringing the Dale Jr poor start discussion over here. But this thread will also be available for any Nascar news.

My thoughts on Jr's slow start at Hendrick Motorsports. It is tough to muster an exact reason why the 88 isn't performing well this year. Obviously Daytona was on the driver's shoulders. But from there out I think you can blame the Hendrick equipment. Here is Jrs year so far

Daytona - missed pit stall, pit violation, cause of big wreck - 27th place finish
Auto Club - Blown trans - 39th place finish
Vegas - transmission change, Pit road speeding - 10th place finish
Atlanta - 11th place finish
Bristol - transmission change - 14th place finish
Martinsville - transmission slipping out of gear - 8th place finish

Obviously JR can be blamed for his pit road problems. Obviously you can blame his crew for last years wide spread pit problems and set up issues. But how can you perform well when your constantly having part issues?

--------------------
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are of my own and do not reflect the views of the USAF.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
1234snow
post Apr 1 2009, 08:14 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 12,688

But Jeff Gordon and Jimme Johnson and Mark Martin haven't had these problems week to week.

--------------------
"The path we have chosen for the present is full of hazards, as all paths are. The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission."

John F. Kennedy

Total Snowfall for 2010-11 Winter: 13.25 inches

Total Ice Accumulation for 2010-11: .25 inches

+Quote Post
raughammer
post Apr 1 2009, 08:21 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 14,542

QUOTE(hckyplayer8 @ Apr 1 2009, 09:02 PM) *
Bringing the Dale Jr poor start discussion over here. But this thread will also be available for any Nascar news.

My thoughts on Jr's slow start at Hendrick Motorsports. It is tough to muster an exact reason why the 88 isn't performing well this year. Obviously Daytona was on the driver's shoulders. But from there out I think you can blame the Hendrick equipment. Here is Jrs year so far

Daytona - missed pit stall, pit violation, cause of big wreck - 27th place finish

Obviously JR can be blamed for his pit road problems. Obviously you can blame his crew for last years wide spread pit problems and set up issues. But how can you perform well when your constantly having part issues?

Jr. lost his teams head engineer at the end of last season, that could be some of the problem. Also i dont think eury Jr. (sp?) is the best crew chief.

Junior is a good driver but he needs a better crewchief IMO and the four Hendrick cars need to share more info.

P.S., Jeff Gordon is the best driver...ever. cool.gif
P.S.S., if you drive in Yota in NASCAR your the enemy.
P.S.S.S, Tony Stewart is doing MUCH better than i thought he would as a first year owner/driver. ( i still have not forgiven him but he IS doing well)

--------------------
In his farewell address (September 19, 1796), President George Washington told the nation: "Reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle. . . . Virtue or morality is a necessary spring of popular government."

+Quote Post
aaastinkie
post Apr 1 2009, 08:42 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 14,053

Tonight is my first night back after 6 weeks out on medical from a hernia operation and all I can say is I went downstairs to the vending machines and had a NASCAR hotdog and....well....it was no trip to Daytona!! laugh.gif

--------------------
" it don't get no better than this "

If you like snow so much come shovel me out!!

+Quote Post
hckyplayer8
post Apr 1 2009, 08:44 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(1234snow @ Apr 1 2009, 10:14 PM) *
But Jeff Gordon and Jimme Johnson and Mark Martin haven't had these problems week to week.

Mark has. He has had the same if not more part issues as Jr. I feel bad for him.

QUOTE(raughammer @ Apr 1 2009, 10:21 PM) *
Jr. lost his teams head engineer at the end of last season, that could be some of the problem. Also i dont think eury Jr. (sp?) is the best crew chief.

Junior is a good driver but he needs a better crewchief IMO and the four Hendrick cars need to share more info.

P.S.S.S, Tony Stewart is doing MUCH better than i thought he would as a first year owner/driver. ( i still have not forgiven him but he IS doing well)

Agreed. Both him and Newman.

--------------------
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are of my own and do not reflect the views of the USAF.

+Quote Post
wxdude1964
post Apr 1 2009, 08:46 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 14,395

QUOTE(aaastinkie @ Apr 1 2009, 10:42 PM) *
Tonight is my first night back after 6 weeks out on medical from a hernia operation and all I can say is I went downstairs to the vending machines and had a NASCAR hotdog and....well....it was no trip to Daytona!! laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Robo Jr! laugh.gif

--------------------
Snowfall 2007-2008 season-11.4 inches
Snowfall 2008-2009 season-13.1 inches
Snowfall 2009-2010 season-68.6 inches
Snowfall 2010-2011 season-19.5 inches
Snowfall 2011-2012 season-16.5 inches.
Snowfall 2012-2013 season-25.9 inches.
Snowfall 2013-2014 season-41.1 inches.

+Quote Post
1234snow
post Apr 1 2009, 08:49 PM
Post #7

Here is a good article on "The Rock" and what the new owner Andy Hillenburg is doing with the track now.

http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/features/0...gham/index.html

--------------------
"The path we have chosen for the present is full of hazards, as all paths are. The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission."

John F. Kennedy

+Quote Post
wxdude1964
post Apr 1 2009, 09:01 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(1234snow @ Apr 1 2009, 10:49 PM) *
Here is a good article on "The Rock" and what the new owner Andy Hillenburg is doing with the track now.

http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/features/0...gham/index.html

Good article!

--------------------

+Quote Post
kywx88
post Apr 1 2009, 09:50 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 14,857

QUOTE(hckyplayer8 @ Apr 1 2009, 10:02 PM) *

If I remember right the majority of Jrs wins in both the sprint series and the busch series came with eury Sr on the pitbox. As a matter of fact Jrs busch championship came with Tony Eury Sr. I think if Sr came back as his crewchief he would start to win again. I dont care what jr says, when your driver and crew chief are constantly fighting then you arent going to win. As a driver myself I know this. I admit I race dirt but we do talk during the race.
And as for jr starting the big one at daytona, he gave vickers what he had coming. It was a shame it was in front of the field though. But he took out kyle busch so I can forgive Jr wink.gif

+Quote Post
kywx88
post Apr 1 2009, 10:00 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 14,857

QUOTE(raughammer @ Apr 1 2009, 10:21 PM) *

I agree that he needs a better crewcheif, but as far as the hendrick cars sharing info, hendrick has always told his drivers and crews to find what works for them. What works for gordon probably wont work for Jr.

And I agree if you drive a toyota you dont belong in nascar. PERIOD. The NA in NASCAR stands for north american, toyotas are based over seas. So in my mind, that means you shouldnt be allowed to race in nascar. But NASCAR is about money now, and toyotas got plenty of that wink.gif

And third, I dont have anything against gordon, I just dont really like him that much. He is a good driver, I will give him that. But he is in no way the best. If he were the best then he would have 8 championships and be on top of the all time win list.

This post has been edited by kywx88: Apr 1 2009, 10:02 PM

+Quote Post
gloryboy1417
post Apr 1 2009, 11:19 PM
Post #11

Group: SuperModerator
Member No.: 12,780

QUOTE(raughammer @ Apr 1 2009, 09:21 PM) *

I have said this for awhile about Eury Jr needs to go, but Dale Jr insists its his own fault, not Eury Jr's. I think Dale is afraid to work with any other crew chief besides his cousin and uses that as his excuse.

Either way I will always be a Junior fan, always have, always will.

Smoke is impressing me too, but I think its the fact that he is back in a Chevy which is what he always wanted, he is in a much better mood and it is noticed in the interviews.

--------------------
Kevin
Eastern Berks Fire Department
Bally Community Ambulance

+Quote Post
gloryboy1417
post Apr 1 2009, 11:50 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(kywx88 @ Apr 1 2009, 10:50 PM) *
If I remember right the majority of Jrs wins in both the sprint series and the busch series came with eury Sr on the pitbox. As a matter of fact Jrs busch championship came with Tony Eury Sr. I think if Sr came back as his crewchief he would start to win again. I dont care what jr says, when your driver and crew chief are constantly fighting then you arent going to win. As a driver myself I know this. I admit I race dirt but we do talk during the race.
And as for jr starting the big one at daytona, he gave vickers what he had coming. It was a shame it was in front of the field though. But he took out kyle busch so I can forgive Jr wink.gif

I agree bring Eury Sr back.

This post has been edited by gloryboy1417: Apr 1 2009, 11:51 PM

--------------------
Kevin

+Quote Post
mmi16
post Apr 2 2009, 02:46 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 13,204

QUOTE(kywx88 @ Apr 2 2009, 12:00 AM) *
I agree that he needs a better crewcheif, but as far as the hendrick cars sharing info, hendrick has always told his drivers and crews to find what works for them. What works for gordon probably wont work for Jr.

And I agree if you drive a toyota you dont belong in nascar. PERIOD. The NA in NASCAR stands for north american, toyotas are based over seas. So in my mind, that means you shouldnt be allowed to race in nascar. But NASCAR is about money now, and toyotas got plenty of that wink.gif

And third, I dont have anything against gordon, I just dont really like him that much. He is a good driver, I will give him that. But he is in no way the best. If he were the best then he would have 8 championships and be on top of the all time win list.

Without doing the math....If Dale Sr. and Richard Petty would have had to win their 7 Championships with the 'Chase' format....they would not have won 7.

The Chase is manufactured BS. A season's Championship is just that....the most successful results for the ENTIRE sesson....not just the last 10 events.

--------------------
Never too old to have a happy childhood!

Don't put an age limit on your dreams!

+Quote Post
hckyplayer8
post Apr 2 2009, 04:22 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(kywx88 @ Apr 1 2009, 11:50 PM) *

I agree but either way, if you put more blame on Vicker's aggressive block or more blame on Jr's bump, what it comes down to is both drivers are responsible and both caused the wreck.

QUOTE(gloryboy1417 @ Apr 2 2009, 01:50 AM) *
I agree bring Eury Sr back.

I really don't understand it myself. Jr's best season to date was '04 when he won the Daytona 500 and five more races. Finished I think 4th or 5th in points, despite getting penalized for swearing in VL at 'Dega and being burnt in a horrific Rolex practice crash at Sonoma. The thing about the '04 season. Euery Sr was his crew cheif.

--------------------

+Quote Post
1234snow
post Apr 2 2009, 07:21 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(mmi16 @ Apr 2 2009, 03:46 AM) *
Without doing the math....If Dale Sr. and Richard Petty would have had to win their 7 Championships with the 'Chase' format....they would not have won 7.

The Chase is manufactured BS. A season's Championship is just that....the most successful results for the ENTIRE sesson....not just the last 10 events.

Gordon would of had a couple of more championships under his belt if it weren't for this stupid Chase. mad.gif

But then again Kyle Busch would of probably won it last year.

This post has been edited by 1234snow: Apr 2 2009, 07:22 PM

--------------------

John F. Kennedy

+Quote Post
wxdude1964
post Apr 2 2009, 09:21 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(mmi16 @ Apr 2 2009, 04:46 AM) *

Yep. dry.gif
I'm not into NASCAR like I once was, mainly because my driver isn't there anymore. The chase format just finished it off as far as I'm concerned. You want to make it interesting? Make the top 20 make the chase, and the season is OVER for the rest. That would make the middle packers try a little harder to continue their season.

--------------------

+Quote Post
1234snow
post Apr 3 2009, 12:23 PM
Post #17

Cup practice is on and so far Martin is the fastest with Jr. in second.

IMO I think it is time Gordon to win one. ( Although he has never won at Texas).

--------------------

John F. Kennedy

+Quote Post
cactusjack
post Apr 3 2009, 01:22 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 15,095

QUOTE(1234snow @ Apr 3 2009, 11:23 AM) *
Cup practice is on and so far Martin is the fastest with Jr. in second.

IMO I think it is time Gordon to win one. ( Although he has never won at Texas).

Yeah, I always root for Jr. to win, but if something happens and he gets knocked out of the race, I usually root for Gordon to get the win (never thought I'd ever say those words). I feel bad for the guy because he's gone so long without winning.

I agree with the PSS from raughammer about Toyotas. I just don't get that a Toyota Camry is running in Nascar. It doesn't make any sense. I hate Kyle Busch, but I like his brother. I'm not the biggest fa of Stewart, but I do like his Cal Naughton Jr. sponsor. Shake and Bake.

Anyway, I'm looking for Hendrick to do something to light a fire under the 88 team. They have to step up their game because he's not getting rid of Jr. so he's gotta put people around him that can help him win.

--------------------
"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there." -John Wooden

"Change is inevitable, except from vending machines." -Unknown

+Quote Post
gloryboy1417
post Apr 3 2009, 04:30 PM
Post #19

Gordon is the fastest out of the Hendrick cars in second. Reutiminn is on the pole still have cars left to qualify.

This post has been edited by gloryboy1417: Apr 3 2009, 04:32 PM

--------------------
Kevin

+Quote Post
gloryboy1417
post Apr 3 2009, 05:00 PM
Post #20

Hendrick cars after qualifying, Gordon 2nd, Johnson 9th, Jr 20th, Martin 23rd.
Reutimann wins the pole at Texas.

--------------------
Kevin

+Quote Post

62 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 03:48 AM