Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

62 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Everything Nascar, Nascar Discussion
1234snow
post Apr 3 2009, 08:33 PM
Post #21

Group: Member
Member No.: 12,688

Here is a look at some of Gordon's stats at Texas:

http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/features/0...exas/index.html

--------------------
"The path we have chosen for the present is full of hazards, as all paths are. The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission."

John F. Kennedy

Total Snowfall for 2010-11 Winter: 13.25 inches

Total Ice Accumulation for 2010-11: .25 inches

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
1234snow
post Apr 4 2009, 08:09 PM
Post #22

Kyle Busch won the Nationwide race at Texas today.

--------------------
"The path we have chosen for the present is full of hazards, as all paths are. The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission."

John F. Kennedy

+Quote Post
raughammer
post Apr 4 2009, 11:12 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 14,542

QUOTE(kywx88 @ Apr 1 2009, 10:50 PM) *
If I remember right the majority of Jrs wins in both the sprint series and the busch series came with eury Sr on the pitbox. As a matter of fact Jrs busch championship came with Tony Eury Sr. I think if Sr came back as his crewchief he would start to win again. I dont care what jr says, when your driver and crew chief are constantly fighting then you arent going to win. As a driver myself I know this. I admit I race dirt but we do talk during the race.
And as for jr starting the big one at daytona, he gave vickers what he had coming. It was a shame it was in front of the field though. But he took out kyle busch so I can forgive Jr wink.gif

I love everything about that last sentence... it made me: *smile*.

--------------------
In his farewell address (September 19, 1796), President George Washington told the nation: "Reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle. . . . Virtue or morality is a necessary spring of popular government."

+Quote Post
raughammer
post Apr 4 2009, 11:19 PM
Post #24

QUOTE(1234snow @ Apr 2 2009, 08:21 PM) *
Gordon would of had a couple of more championships under his belt if it weren't for this stupid Chase. mad.gif

But then again Kyle Busch would of probably won it last year.

I agree, i agree, i agree. Now with that said i am sooo glad Kyle did not win the championship last year.

The Chase should be about the whole season and that is just the tip of the iceberg that makes me mad when it comes to NASCAR.
I dont like TOYOTA racing in the series. I dont like NASCAR turning its back on the folks who made the sport what it is. I dont like all the cars looking the same, i dont like the "Manufacturers Cup" being essentially a meaningless trophy.

But i sure love watching me some NASCAR come Sunday evening. smile.gif

--------------------
In his farewell address (September 19, 1796), President George Washington told the nation: "Reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle. . . . Virtue or morality is a necessary spring of popular government."

+Quote Post
raughammer
post Apr 4 2009, 11:22 PM
Post #25

QUOTE(1234snow @ Apr 4 2009, 09:09 PM) *
Kyle Busch won the Nationwide race at Texas today.

I honestly dont mind Kurt Busch winning, i kinda like the guy now. But Kyle? YUCK.

--------------------

+Quote Post
raughammer
post Apr 5 2009, 11:44 PM
Post #26

Congrats to Jeff Gordon, winner of Texas Super Speedway race...man was that a great race or what?

Congrats to Hendrick for going 1-2 and Jeff and Jimmy for staying with it and taking home the win.

17 tries and Jeff won... way to go Big Daddy.

Jr. took a gamble with two tires and paid the price. Mark Martin had a solid performance. Rouche imploded and Toyota had nothing all day. :-)

Man i enjoyed that race today!

#24 Rules! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jdc123
post Apr 6 2009, 08:56 AM
Post #27

Member No.: 11,923

QUOTE(raughammer @ Apr 6 2009, 12:44 AM) *
Congrats to Jeff Gordon, winner of Texas Super Speedway race...man was that a great race or what?

Congrats to Hendrick for going 1-2 and Jeff and Jimmy for staying with it and taking home the win.

17 tries and Jeff won... way to go Big Daddy.

Jr. took a gamble with two tires and paid the price. Mark Martin had a solid performance. Rouche imploded and Toyota had nothing all day. :-)

Man i enjoyed that race today!

#24 Rules! biggrin.gif

Yeah, congrats to Gordon, he's waited a long time for this one! Kenseth was running up front there, but he ended up settling for 5th. Not bad, but he has been very inconsistent this year which is unusual for him.

BTW, I don't know why, but I get the impression that you aren't fond of Toyota Racing? laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
“There is no such thing as perfection. But, in striving for perfection, we can achieve excellence.”
Vince Lombardi.

+Quote Post
hckyplayer8
post Apr 6 2009, 12:21 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 16,148

Good to see the 24 back in VL. Did anybody notice the 48's interview. Didn't even know his own sponsor. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
1234snow
post Apr 6 2009, 04:54 PM
Post #29

QUOTE(hckyplayer8 @ Apr 6 2009, 01:21 PM) *
Good to see the 24 back in VL. Did anybody notice the 48's interview. Didn't even know his own sponsor. rolleyes.gif

Yeah " I like to thank Lowe's and The Tough Schools for Cool......hmmmmm. Tools"

Jeff couldn't remember his sponsors either

By the way:

JEFF GORDON IS THE MAN!!!!! GO # 24!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

John F. Kennedy

+Quote Post
1234snow
post Apr 6 2009, 06:26 PM
Post #30

Also did y'all notice that after the race Martin and Johnson was there to give their congrats to Gordon? Where was Jr. at? hmmmm.

Another costly mistake for Jr. this week.

Also Carl Edwards had a real chance to win this race as well, but pit stop problems hampered his run too.

Where did Johnson come from? Running at the back of the pack for most of the race and boom half a second from winning. I guess that's why he won 3 strait titles, never quit trying.

Also this season I'm real impressed with David Ruttaman(spl?) also called " The Franchise" and I'm also impressed with Marcos Ambros this season.

Who would of thought that Stewart would of been contending for wins this early into the season?

--------------------

John F. Kennedy

+Quote Post
gloryboy1417
post Apr 6 2009, 11:31 PM
Post #31

Group: SuperModerator
Member No.: 12,780

QUOTE(1234snow @ Apr 6 2009, 07:26 PM) *
Also did y'all notice that after the race Martin and Johnson was there to give their congrats to Gordon? Where was Jr. at? hmmmm.

Another costly mistake for Jr. this week.

Also Carl Edwards had a real chance to win this race as well, but pit stop problems hampered his run too.

Where did Johnson come from? Running at the back of the pack for most of the race and boom half a second from winning. I guess that's why he won 3 strait titles, never quit trying.

Also this season I'm real impressed with David Ruttaman(spl?) also called " The Franchise" and I'm also impressed with Marcos Ambros this season.

Who would of thought that Stewart would of been contending for wins this early into the season?

Reutimann impressed me too, remember his crash during qualifying at Texas last year? what a way to redeem himself by getting the pole this past weekend.

Jr was probably aggravated, they need to do a crew chief change. I am aggravated too, but JR will always be my driver regardless.

--------------------
Kevin
Eastern Berks Fire Department
Bally Community Ambulance

+Quote Post
hckyplayer8
post Apr 8 2009, 07:00 PM
Post #32

Member No.: 16,148

QUOTE(gloryboy1417 @ Apr 7 2009, 01:31 AM) *
Reutimann impressed me too, remember his crash during qualifying at Texas last year? what a way to redeem himself by getting the pole this past weekend.

Jr was probably aggravated, they need to do a crew chief change. I am aggravated too, but JR will always be my driver regardless.

This whole season has been rather wacky. Which is good. A lot of unexpected suprises so far.

+Quote Post
1234snow
post Apr 8 2009, 07:08 PM
Post #33

QUOTE(gloryboy1417 @ Apr 7 2009, 12:31 AM) *

I think that it was Michael McDowell that flipped last year in qualifying.

If he keeps it up "The Franchise" will be the franchise for Michael Waltrip Racing.

--------------------

John F. Kennedy

+Quote Post
gloryboy1417
post Apr 8 2009, 07:56 PM
Post #34

QUOTE(1234snow @ Apr 8 2009, 08:08 PM) *
I think that it was Michael McDowell that flipped last year in qualifying.

If he keeps it up "The Franchise" will be the franchise for Michael Waltrip Racing.

Ooops my bad, you are right.

--------------------
Kevin

+Quote Post
gloryboy1417
post Apr 8 2009, 10:55 PM
Post #35

Since the post is too long I will only post the link about the EGR #8 car. http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/headlines/...down/index.html

--------------------
Kevin

+Quote Post
Louieloy102
post Apr 8 2009, 10:58 PM
Post #36

Member No.: 16,649

Whens the next important race?

+Quote Post
gloryboy1417
post Apr 8 2009, 10:59 PM
Post #37

April 18th in Phoenix

--------------------
Kevin

+Quote Post
Louieloy102
post Apr 8 2009, 11:02 PM
Post #38

Member No.: 16,649

Ok.
Ill be ready to go to that channel if nothing else is on wink.gif.

+Quote Post
gordonfann
post Apr 9 2009, 12:43 AM
Post #39

Member No.: 15,036

QUOTE(hckyplayer8 @ Apr 1 2009, 09:02 PM) *
Bringing the Dale Jr poor start discussion over here. But this thread will also be available for any Nascar news.

My thoughts on Jr's slow start at Hendrick Motorsports. It is tough to muster an exact reason why the 88 isn't performing well this year. Obviously Daytona was on the driver's shoulders. But from there out I think you can blame the Hendrick equipment. Here is Jrs year so far

Daytona - missed pit stall, pit violation, cause of big wreck - 27th place finish
Auto Club - Blown trans - 39th place finish
Vegas - transmission change, Pit road speeding - 10th place finish
Atlanta - 11th place finish
Bristol - transmission change - 14th place finish
Martinsville - transmission slipping out of gear - 8th place finish

Obviously JR can be blamed for his pit road problems. Obviously you can blame his crew for last years wide spread pit problems and set up issues. But how can you perform well when your constantly having part issues?

First I'm glad that Gordon finally got into the winners circle again. that was a long wait.
Second, I have never been able to figure this affection everyone seems to have with jr. Other than having a famous last name he hasn't proven much on the track. He was good for awhile on the super speedways early on but now he hasn't been a contender anywhere consistantly. Pit road mistakes have been often, speeding or missing his pit box. Those are driver errors. Causing the big wreck in Daytona, yes he did take out Kyle so that one is ok.
I remember a few years ago he was going to be lapped or had a tire going down so he decides to spin out by himself, bringing out a yellow flag. Then bragging about it later in the pits. Come on.

+Quote Post
raughammer
post Apr 9 2009, 01:06 AM
Post #40

QUOTE(gordonfann @ Apr 9 2009, 01:43 AM) *
First I'm glad that Gordon finally got into the winners circle again. that was a long wait.
Second, I have never been able to figure this affection everyone seems to have with jr. Other than having a famous last name he hasn't proven much on the track. He was good for awhile on the super speedways early on but now he hasn't been a contender anywhere consistantly. Pit road mistakes have been often, speeding or missing his pit box. Those are driver errors. Causing the big wreck in Daytona, yes he did take out Kyle so that one is ok.
I remember a few years ago he was going to be lapped or had a tire going down so he decides to spin out by himself, bringing out a yellow flag. Then bragging about it later in the pits. Come on.

*Eh* That one did not bother me as much as a few years ago when Stewart spun someone out because Tony was about to get lapped by the leaders.

Spinning yourself out is one thing but doing it to another driver is just, worse IMO. mad.gif

P.S., Remember when Robby Gordon threw that piece of rubber on the track to get a caution and they caught it on tape and penalized him for it? biggrin.gif What a goober...

P.S.S, Reutimann has not shown me anything. i dont understand the infatuation with the guy. He has the "Toyota" advantage... so why would'nt he be doing well?

I'll sing his praises when he rises above rest, right now he is just a flash in the pan. I've seen them come and seen them go...(Kayne, Vickers, McMurray, Mears, K.Petty, etc. etc.) rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

62 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 07:54 PM