Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

62 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Everything Nascar, Nascar Discussion
kywx88
post Apr 9 2009, 01:10 AM
Post #41

Group: Member
Member No.: 14,857

QUOTE(gordonfann @ Apr 9 2009, 02:43 AM) *
First I'm glad that Gordon finally got into the winners circle again. that was a long wait.
Second, I have never been able to figure this affection everyone seems to have with jr. Other than having a famous last name he hasn't proven much on the track. He was good for awhile on the super speedways early on but now he hasn't been a contender anywhere consistantly. Pit road mistakes have been often, speeding or missing his pit box. Those are driver errors. Causing the big wreck in Daytona, yes he did take out Kyle so that one is ok.
I remember a few years ago he was going to be lapped or had a tire going down so he decides to spin out by himself, bringing out a yellow flag. Then bragging about it later in the pits. Come on.

Well, I like Jr for the person he is. He isint afraid to tell it like it is. If he wrecks you, he will man up and say he did. Most of the time he races clean. And he can drive the wheels off that thing when he wants. Look at daytona this year. He was weaving in and out of traffic like a mad man.
But you are kinda right about his popularity, the main reason he is as big as he is is becasue of that last name. But think about it, once Sr died, who were all those intimidator fans going to go to? Gordon? no. Wallace? no. You also have to remeber this was before stewart, johnson and all the other drivers of today were in NASCAR. And no one thought harvick was worth anything then. The only choice at the time was Jr. And a earnhardt fan is a loyal race fan, so he has kept all those fans he gained when his dad died. I know it sounds kind of stupid, buts that how I became a fan of his.
And speaking of harvick, was anyone else dissapointed when they took the Goodwrench sponsership off the car? And they took the little 3 off the side too I think. I dont know why, but it kind of made me dislike harvick and RCR a little bit. It was like they were throwing the history of what dale did at RCR away.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gordonfann
post Apr 9 2009, 01:14 AM
Post #42

Member No.: 15,036

Add Newman to that list Raugh. What the heck happened to Rocketman.

Yes spinning someone else out to save yourself is wrong. In these days NASCAR will definetely get you for it. No tollerance. But spinning yourself out and then braggin about it. Do you not think NASCAR officials are not seeing you say that on tv. If you're going to do it. Keep it to yourself. People are always listening.

This post has been edited by gordonfann: Apr 9 2009, 01:17 AM

+Quote Post
kywx88
post Apr 9 2009, 01:27 AM
Post #43

QUOTE(gordonfann @ Apr 9 2009, 03:14 AM) *

Yes spinning someone else out to save yourself is wrong. In these days NASCAR will definetely get you for it. No tollerance. But spinning yourself out and then braggin about it. Do you not think NASCAR officials are not seeing you say that on tv. If you're going to do it. Shut up about it.

If you only knew how much NASCAR lets slide every week you would be amazed. My uncle actually works for NASCAR (drives one of the haulers that transports all of NASCARS stuff) and he gets two tickets to the race every week. He can go anywhere on the track he wants. I get to go with him every year to either dega, lowes, or martinsville. I know the officals let 5 or 6 of the more popular guys slide through thier pit box, miss lugnuts, all kinds of stuff that would ruin their day. And people have done alot worse then spin themselves out. How about kyle spinning out his teammate cousin carl last year becasue he moved him out of the way at bristol. Jr has his flaws but so does EVERY other driver in NASCAR.

+Quote Post
mmi16
post Apr 9 2009, 01:41 AM
Post #44

Member No.: 13,204

EGR is parking the #8 car for lack of sponsorship.

--------------------
Never too old to have a happy childhood!

Don't put an age limit on your dreams!

+Quote Post
gordonfann
post Apr 9 2009, 01:41 AM
Post #45

You are absolutely right. Every driver has their flaws.
I don't mean to single out jr. but his name comes up so much because he is one of the most popular drivers so he gets a lot of exposure on the track.

I can't totally agree with you about what officials will let slide. Jimmy Johnson seems to get plenty of speeding down pit road penalties. Tony has had some too. They are 2 pretty big name drivers.
The other stuff, lug nuts and such. I don't know about.

+Quote Post
gordonfann
post Apr 9 2009, 01:45 AM
Post #46

By the way. You are lucky to get to see that many races. That would be great.
I have to settle for maybe one race a year. Too far away from the tracks.

+Quote Post
raughammer
post Apr 9 2009, 02:43 AM
Post #47

Member No.: 14,542

QUOTE(gordonfann @ Apr 9 2009, 02:14 AM) *

Yes spinning someone else out to save yourself is wrong. In these days NASCAR will definetely get you for it. No tollerance. But spinning yourself out and then braggin about it. Do you not think NASCAR officials are not seeing you say that on tv. If you're going to do it. Keep it to yourself. People are always listening.

To be honest i was going to include Ryan in the list but did not want to get his fans upset...but yea, i would have included him in that list but i would not stop there that list with just Ryan...it would also have M. Waltrip, Boris Said, Scott Riggs, Travis Kvapil and many, many others on it if i was to start dropping names.

Denny Hamlin i think is on the verge, the cusp of being a also ran. He just cant seem to close the deal when it comes down to the wire. (i used to really like the guy before he went to toyota)

Biffle is inching closer to "ho hum" status as well....but there is hope he will turn it around.

As far as Jr. Running his pie hole, as much as I like the guy he has been known to yap a little too freely when he should'nt. Remember when he won Bristol and then dropped a vulgarity during the interview?
His success on the track? I personally think a lot of his problems would go away if he had a better crew chief.

Does anyone know who made the call for him to take two tires during his pit stop right before he hit the wall? Was that his call or the Chiefs?

--------------------
In his farewell address (September 19, 1796), President George Washington told the nation: "Reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle. . . . Virtue or morality is a necessary spring of popular government."

+Quote Post
raughammer
post Apr 9 2009, 02:44 AM
Post #48

Member No.: 14,542

QUOTE(kywx88 @ Apr 9 2009, 02:27 AM) *
If you only knew how much NASCAR lets slide every week you would be amazed. My uncle actually works for NASCAR (drives one of the haulers that transports all of NASCARS stuff) and he gets two tickets to the race every week. He can go anywhere on the track he wants. I get to go with him every year to either dega, lowes, or martinsville. I know the officals let 5 or 6 of the more popular guys slide through thier pit box, miss lugnuts, all kinds of stuff that would ruin their day. And people have done alot worse then spin themselves out. How about kyle spinning out his teammate cousin carl last year becasue he moved him out of the way at bristol. Jr has his flaws but so does EVERY other driver in NASCAR.

I completely agree.

--------------------
In his farewell address (September 19, 1796), President George Washington told the nation: "Reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle. . . . Virtue or morality is a necessary spring of popular government."

+Quote Post
kywx88
post Apr 9 2009, 12:36 PM
Post #49

QUOTE(gordonfann @ Apr 9 2009, 03:41 AM) *
You are absolutely right. Every driver has their flaws.
I don't mean to single out jr. but his name comes up so much because he is one of the most popular drivers so he gets a lot of exposure on the track.

I can't totally agree with you about what officials will let slide. Jimmy Johnson seems to get plenty of speeding down pit road penalties. Tony has had some too. They are 2 pretty big name drivers.
The other stuff, lug nuts and such. I don't know about.

I am not saying they let everything slide. But every once in a while they let the big name drivers slide with stuff. For instance I went to Martinsville last year, And Jimmie actually had a speeding in and out of pit lane penalty that he never was penalized for.
And the best part about going to those races with my uncle is everything is on NASCARs dollar. But I usually only go to 1 or 2 races with him and 3 or 4 with other friends or family.

+Quote Post
kywx88
post Apr 9 2009, 12:40 PM
Post #50

QUOTE(raughammer @ Apr 9 2009, 04:43 AM) *
To be honest i was going to include Ryan in the list but did not want to get his fans upset...but yea, i would have included him in that list but i would not stop there that list with just Ryan...it would also have M. Waltrip, Boris Said, Scott Riggs, Travis Kvapil and many, many others on it if i was to start dropping names.

Denny Hamlin i think is on the verge, the cusp of being a also ran. He just cant seem to close the deal when it comes down to the wire. (i used to really like the guy before he went to toyota)

Biffle is inching closer to "ho hum" status as well....but there is hope he will turn it around.

As far as Jr. Running his pie hole, as much as I like the guy he has been known to yap a little too freely when he should'nt. Remember when he won Bristol and then dropped a vulgarity during the interview?
His success on the track? I personally think a lot of his problems would go away if he had a better crew chief.

Does anyone know who made the call for him to take two tires during his pit stop right before he hit the wall? Was that his call or the Chiefs?

I am pretty sure it was Tony Jr. Because Earnhardt jr is like his dad, he always wants 4 fresh tires.

+Quote Post
gloryboy1417
post Apr 9 2009, 02:24 PM
Post #51

Group: SuperModerator
Member No.: 12,780

I have listened to JR during the race on my cell phone since I have Sprint, JR is always swearing at his crew, so I do not know why he is saying alot of the problems are his fault and not Eury Jr's. Sorry JR you are my favorite driver but, it is time he admits its time for change.

--------------------
Kevin
Eastern Berks Fire Department
Bally Community Ambulance

+Quote Post
hckyplayer8
post Apr 9 2009, 04:50 PM
Post #52

Member No.: 16,148

QUOTE(raughammer @ Apr 9 2009, 04:43 AM) *

First off the yapping has certainly settled down since Jr has matured. Jr has come so far as a driver and as a person, since his dads death. I def. think he is one of the more modest drivers out there now. Its hard to get any emotion out of him in any of his interviews.

But I think we all agree. Euery Jr has to go. Bring back Sr.

Oops almost forgot. It was 'Dega where he dropped the S-word. Just to get the story right.

This post has been edited by hckyplayer8: Apr 9 2009, 04:51 PM

--------------------
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are of my own and do not reflect the views of the USAF.

+Quote Post
TJ Schulte
post Apr 9 2009, 05:45 PM
Post #53

Member No.: 13,616

Eury is the worst crew chief ever. Osborne is much much better and the results show

--------------------
NW Ohio's First Poster

Weather Blog

+Quote Post
gloryboy1417
post Apr 10 2009, 11:53 AM
Post #54

I guess at times I am to the point I can not even watch a whole NASCAR race, I have been more into dirt track racing, watching Late Models and Modifieds.

--------------------
Kevin

+Quote Post
hckyplayer8
post Apr 10 2009, 12:17 PM
Post #55

Member No.: 16,148

QUOTE(gloryboy1417 @ Apr 10 2009, 01:53 PM) *
I guess at times I am to the point I can not even watch a whole NASCAR race, I have been more into dirt track racing, watching Late Models and Modifieds.

With you being a fireman, I'm sure you can do some talking to get in as the safety crew at the local tracks. Usually not needed if everything goes right and bingo, you get in for free. wink.gif

--------------------
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are of my own and do not reflect the views of the USAF.

+Quote Post
cactusjack
post Apr 10 2009, 12:27 PM
Post #56

Member No.: 15,095

QUOTE(gloryboy1417 @ Apr 9 2009, 01:24 PM) *
I have listened to JR during the race on my cell phone since I have Sprint, JR is always swearing at his crew, so I do not know why he is saying alot of the problems are his fault and not Eury Jr's. Sorry JR you are my favorite driver but, it is time he admits its time for change.

That's why some of the commentators say they shouldn't change crew chiefs. Since he has that close relationship with Eury Jr., they are more honest with each other. I think Eury jr. needs to step up and be honest with jr. saying he could do better with somebody else atop the pit box.

Lets just trade with the 24 or 48 team. See how we could do with Knaus or Letarte as jr's crew chief. And see how well Eury jr. will do gordon or johnson and those consistent teams. Might be interesting.

--------------------
"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there." -John Wooden

"Change is inevitable, except from vending machines." -Unknown

+Quote Post
gloryboy1417
post Apr 10 2009, 12:27 PM
Post #57

QUOTE(hckyplayer8 @ Apr 10 2009, 01:17 PM) *
With you being a fireman, I'm sure you can do some talking to get in as the safety crew at the local tracks. Usually not needed if everything goes right and bingo, you get in for free. wink.gif

I actually work on the Ambulance that is on the infield at our local dirt track in our area (Grandview Speedway), it is nice to get in for free (but that is not the only reason I like to go) and watch some good dirt track racing. wink.gif

At one point I even thought about getting on the fire crew at Pocono Raceway, but my work schedule at the Dirt Track gets in the way.

--------------------
Kevin

+Quote Post
kywx88
post Apr 10 2009, 04:16 PM
Post #58

QUOTE(cactusjack @ Apr 10 2009, 02:27 PM) *
That's why some of the commentators say they shouldn't change crew chiefs. Since he has that close relationship with Eury Jr., they are more honest with each other. I think Eury jr. needs to step up and be honest with jr. saying he could do better with somebody else atop the pit box.

Lets just trade with the 24 or 48 team. See how we could do with Knaus or Letarte as jr's crew chief. And see how well Eury jr. will do gordon or johnson and those consistent teams. Might be interesting.

Knaus will never ever not in a million years leave the 48. With 3 straight championships rick hendrick wouldnt ruin the best team in his stable. Now maybe gordons crew chief is a maybe.

+Quote Post
kywx88
post Apr 10 2009, 04:18 PM
Post #59

QUOTE(gloryboy1417 @ Apr 10 2009, 01:53 PM) *

Well, I drive a late model at my local track, bluegrass speedway and I go over to paducah every now and then.

+Quote Post
cactusjack
post Apr 13 2009, 03:56 PM
Post #60

Member No.: 15,095

QUOTE(kywx88 @ Apr 10 2009, 03:16 PM) *
Knaus will never ever not in a million years leave the 48. With 3 straight championships rick hendrick wouldnt ruin the best team in his stable. Now maybe gordons crew chief is a maybe.

I know. It just might be a cool experiment to see what would happen. Try mixing things up a little. If JR's consistency is better with a different crew chief, there's your answer.

--------------------
"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there." -John Wooden

"Change is inevitable, except from vending machines." -Unknown

+Quote Post

62 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 10:43 AM