Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Weather Conference, Hey weenies, if you are up for it!
thebigrombalski
post Apr 2 2009, 02:17 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 16,308

http://conference.easternuswx.com/

I know Eastern Weather Forums and AccuWx forums are competitors, and each board complains about the other...but Eastern is putting on a weather conference...

and we all know that the one thing we all have in common is our LOVE and our OCD Obsession with weather...

check out the link to the Conference, and think about going if you can!

PAUL KOCIN is booked as a speaker!

--------------------
Meteorology is like a jigsaw puzzle...you need to use all the pieces in order for it to make sense...if you choose to ignore certain pieces, your final solution will never be right...

Model-ologists live and die by each model run because it takes less effort to base a forecast off of one model run, than to actually take a step back and look at synoptics, look at climatology, look at teleconnections, and to take into consideration the basic thermodynamic properties of our atmosphere...

Meteorology- Respect the SCIENCE!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thebigrombalski
post Apr 2 2009, 02:18 PM
Post #2

I am in no way offiliated with the management at Eastern...I just wanted to let those on here who are not members of Eastern know about the conference

--------------------
Meteorology is like a jigsaw puzzle...you need to use all the pieces in order for it to make sense...if you choose to ignore certain pieces, your final solution will never be right...

Model-ologists live and die by each model run because it takes less effort to base a forecast off of one model run, than to actually take a step back and look at synoptics, look at climatology, look at teleconnections, and to take into consideration the basic thermodynamic properties of our atmosphere...

+Quote Post
robofishvselvis
post Apr 2 2009, 02:23 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 14,471

QUOTE(thebigrombalski @ Apr 2 2009, 04:17 PM) *
http://conference.easternuswx.com/

I know Eastern Weather Forums and AccuWx forums are competitors, and each board complains about the other...but Eastern is putting on a weather conference...

and we all know that the one thing we all have in common is our LOVE and our OCD Obsession with weather...
check out the link to the Conference, and think about going if you can!
PAUL KOCIN is booked as a speaker!

You're the weenie... mellow.gif

*runs*

--------------------
He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.

-Douglas Adams

+Quote Post
thebigrombalski
post Apr 2 2009, 02:38 PM
Post #4

yes I am a weather weenie and I'm proud of it! biggrin.gif

I have never been to this weather conference before but i have been to one sponsored by Lyndon State College! They are a blast!!!

Check out the website, signup if it fits in your schedule!

--------------------

+Quote Post
thebigrombalski
post Apr 2 2009, 06:04 PM
Post #5

wow, is there absolutely no interest in this conference? Mish Michaels from WBZ is going to try to attend at least one day

--------------------

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_starsinmysky_*
post Apr 2 2009, 06:13 PM
Post #6

Guests

I don't have the time or the money to attend the conference. Yes, I did hear about it and I knew Paul Kocin is going to speak there. If Eastern is going to have another one in 2010, maybe I'd go.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 01:52 PM