Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> American Idol Season 8, Who will win? Post your opinions...
American Idol Season 8 Finale
Which contestant will win Season 8 of American Idol?
Kris Allen [ 8 ] ** [88.89%]
Adam Lambert [ 1 ] ** [11.11%]
Total Votes: 9
Guests cannot vote 
Weatherman Tyler
post May 20 2009, 02:03 PM
Post #1

Group: SuperModerator
Member No.: 12,145

I hope Kris Allen wins this season. I loved Carrie Underwood when she was on Season 4, and she is still amazing. Her live performances are better than on CD, a feat which not many artists can accomplish. She's been awarded for back-to-back years in some of the most prestigious categories. She will be performing tonight for the third time this season on Idol. Let's see who will win this year...and how successful will they become?

--------------------
Student Meteorologist Tyler Jankoski
The Pennsylvania State University '14
www.TylersWeather.com

Northwest Connecticut Weather:
www.TylersWeather.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_starsinmysky_*
post May 20 2009, 02:05 PM
Post #2

Guests

Never liked American Idol and never will. I think it's a travesty that people actually try out for the show. For what, 15 minutes of fame? It's a joke. But that is just my opinion. wink.gif

+Quote Post
gloryboy1417
post May 20 2009, 02:12 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 12,780

I only watch the try-outs, it is funny to listen to people who think they will be the next American Idol.

--------------------
Kevin
Eastern Berks Fire Department
Bally Community Ambulance

+Quote Post
bubbles
post May 20 2009, 02:35 PM
Post #4

Group: Member
Member No.: 15,013

QUOTE(Weatherman Tyler @ May 20 2009, 12:03 PM) *
I hope Kris Allen wins this season. I loved Carrie Underwood when she was on Season 4, and she is still amazing. Her live performances are better than on CD, a feat which not many artists can accomplish. She's been awarded for back-to-back years in some of the most prestigious categories. She will be performing tonight for the third time this season on Idol. Let's see who will win this year...and how successful will they become?

Adam will win. He is unique and his voice is simply amazing.
wub.gif Adam... smile.gif

--------------------
Nobody enjoys a red X.

+Quote Post
WEATHERFAN100
post May 20 2009, 02:38 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 13,459

I am going with Kris Allen because he was better last night and he has all the fans while Adam Lambert is good but only has fans in the west. It will be close however I am pulling for Kris Allen to win it all!

--------------------
-James

+Quote Post
Pahzy See
post May 20 2009, 02:57 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 18,058

Personally, I think Adam's voice, while unique, ranks right up there with Mariah Carey. Yes, Adam, we get that you can squeal on key like somebody is slowly applying a vice to your jewels, but it gets real old real quick. I have disagreed with all the judges 90% of the time when it comes to their critiquing of his performances. Sure, his performances are spot on, but just because he does something different to a song does not make it enjoyable to listen to. In my opinion he butchered all but one song the past two weeks and never should have advanced to this round. Danny embarrassed Adam, with his singing ability.

Kris is just all around better except maybe in over the top performances. His unique take on songs are enjoyable if not masterfully done, and his singing is soulful and full of heart. Unlike Adam, he sings not to show off but to express something. You can feel the emotion in his songs.

Kris is by far the better singer. And if American Idol truly is a singing competition, he will win. Unfortunately, it is also a popularity contest as well, so at this point, it is anybody's game.

--------------------
From the Constitution of the United States of America:

Amendment I. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise therof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peacably to assemble, and to petition the Government for redress of grievances.

+Quote Post
WNYLakeEffect
post May 20 2009, 03:04 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 16,475

QUOTE(starsinmysky @ May 20 2009, 03:05 PM) *
Never liked American Idol and never will. I think it's a travesty that people actually try out for the show. For what, 15 minutes of fame? It's a joke. But that is just my opinion. wink.gif

Completely unrelated to American Idol, but I was amazed to see someone else that listens to Blue October. My mom is a huge fan and got to meet the entire band a few weeks ago in Pittsburgh. I like their music, but not as much as her. Of course, it becomes quite easy to like a band after listening to them for 6 hours straight on the way to Albany... blink.gif

--------------------
Winter 2010-11 Snow: 148.0"
Winter 2009-10 Snow: 128.3"
Winter 2008-09 Snow: 175.0"

+Quote Post
bubbles
post May 20 2009, 03:06 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(Pahzy See @ May 20 2009, 12:57 PM) *
Personally, I think Adam's voice, while unique, ranks right up there with Mariah Carey. Yes, Adam, we get that you can squeal on key like somebody is slowly applying a vice to your jewels, but it gets real old real quick. I have disagreed with all the judges 90% of the time when it comes to their critiquing of his performances. Sure, his performances are spot on, but just because he does something different to a song does not make it enjoyable to listen to. In my opinion he butchered all but one song the past two weeks and never should have advanced to this round. Danny embarrassed Adam, with his singing ability.

Kris is just all around better except maybe in over the top performances. His unique take on songs are enjoyable if not masterfully done, and his singing is soulful and full of heart. Unlike Adam, he sings not to show off but to express something. You can feel the emotion in his songs.

Kris is by far the better singer. And if American Idol truly is a singing competition, he will win. Unfortunately, it is also a popularity contest as well, so at this point, it is anybody's game.

I do not agree with your critique of Adam and Kris what-so-ever.

I can listen to Adam's preformances day in and day out, but I actually turn down the TV after a minute of listening to Kris....he isn't someone I would choose to listen to.

Adam's emotions are protrayed and expressed stronger and more true than Kris's (IMO) Adam makes every song his own, his notes are dead on and he is a true perfomer. He has the whole package.

They have different styles and voices. Not everyone will like the same singer. smile.gif

This post has been edited by bubbles: May 20 2009, 03:07 PM

--------------------
Nobody enjoys a red X.

+Quote Post
Pahzy See
post May 20 2009, 03:18 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 18,058

QUOTE(bubbles @ May 20 2009, 04:06 PM) *

Adam's emotions are protrayed and expressed stronger and more true than Kris's (IMO) Adam makes every song his own, his notes are dead on and he is a true perfomer. He has the whole package.

Sure, on some songs he portrays valid emotion. The one song I referred to was the slower song that he sang. On his other songs, well, he started out decent, but then he turns it up, opens his mouth wide and lets out a screeching wail that makes my nerves stand on end. No flow, jut turning it on and off. Makes me jump every time. Just because he is louder does not make his emotions portray stronger.

Everytime the judges throw praises upon him like he is the messiah, me and my wife look at each other and go "Were they listening to what we were?" The accoustics must not come through right...

At any rate. Everyone has their opinions, I suppose. I remember when Daughtry got kicked off after one of his better performances and cringed every time Sanjaya or that horrible rocker chick for last year (or was it the year before) surpassed good singers.

I don't expect to change anyone's opinion on what is good or not. I guarantee you that half of the CDs I own many on these forums have never even heard of. We like what we like. And my opinion is that Kris can take a song completely rearrange it to something new and enjoyable, while Adam brutally tears them apart in the sake of doing something different.

--------------------
From the Constitution of the United States of America:

Amendment I. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise therof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peacably to assemble, and to petition the Government for redress of grievances.

+Quote Post
bubbles
post May 20 2009, 03:53 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(Pahzy See @ May 20 2009, 01:18 PM) *
Sure, on some songs he portrays valid emotion. The one song I referred to was the slower song that he sang. On his other songs, well, he started out decent, but then he turns it up, opens his mouth wide and lets out a screeching wail that makes my nerves stand on end. No flow, jut turning it on and off. Makes me jump every time. Just because he is louder does not make his emotions portray stronger.

Everytime the judges throw praises upon him like he is the messiah, me and my wife look at each other and go "Were they listening to what we were?" The accoustics must not come through right...

At any rate. Everyone has their opinions, I suppose. I remember when Daughtry got kicked off after one of his better performances and cringed every time Sanjaya or that horrible rocker chick for last year (or was it the year before) surpassed good singers.

I don't expect to change anyone's opinion on what is good or not. I guarantee you that half of the CDs I own many on these forums have never even heard of. We like what we like. And my opinion is that Kris can take a song completely rearrange it to something new and enjoyable, while Adam brutally tears them apart in the sake of doing something different.

I am making an assumption here, but you do not like metal or death metal music. Am I correct?
I LOVE death metal music, peircings, tattoos, moshing, dark hair, loud voices, screaming in songs, pure emotion. I also like gangsta rap, country, classic rock, classical music, alternative, opera, and even orcastra (Gustavo Duddamel...simply amazes me. He orcastrates music unlike anybody else in our day and age, so much passion, so much feeling, so much talent at such a young age.
But that type of music is not for everyone, not even close.

What type of music do you like normally Pahzy?

--------------------
Nobody enjoys a red X.

+Quote Post
SEMIweather
post May 20 2009, 04:49 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 14,772

Let's go Kris. From what I've heard of him in the background when my mom watches the show, Adam has a chance to be a decent rock artist, but American Idol will tear him apart and make him sing horrible pop songs if he wins.

Same reason I was thrilled when Chris Daughtry was voted off when he was on the show.

--------------------
University of Oklahoma Meteorology Major - Class of 2014

Follow me on Twitter.

+Quote Post
The Goombah
post May 20 2009, 04:51 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 13,725

Glambert belongs on Broadway not on the radio.

--------------------
Accuweather Fantasy Football commish!

Owner of THE GOOMBAH!

+Quote Post
john72ss
post May 20 2009, 06:49 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 15,257

QUOTE(starsinmysky @ May 20 2009, 12:05 PM) *

its my opinion as well, its all just kareoke on tv! laugh.gif

--------------------
Help Save America: Buy American!
NHRA DRAGRACING = 1/4 mile 4.4 seconds
@ 330 mph ... 7000 hp

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_wfreeck_*
post May 20 2009, 07:20 PM
Post #14

Guests

QUOTE(starsinmysky @ May 20 2009, 04:05 PM) *

Agreed.

Though I do love the auditions. People actually believe they can sing! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Weatherman Tyler
post May 20 2009, 07:34 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 12,145

QUOTE(john72ss @ May 20 2009, 07:49 PM) *
its my opinion as well, its all just kareoke on tv! laugh.gif

In my opinion Carrie Underwood is far from karaoke. She's taken home multiple female vocalist awards from the CMA, ACM, and the Grammys. (Three from each according to Wikipedia). Also she's had many #1 songs, and is even entertainer of the year. She can sing anything from rock to country.

--------------------
Student Meteorologist Tyler Jankoski
The Pennsylvania State University '14
www.TylersWeather.com

Northwest Connecticut Weather:
www.TylersWeather.com

+Quote Post
post May 20 2009, 07:38 PM
Post #16

Guests

QUOTE(Weatherman Tyler @ May 20 2009, 08:34 PM) *
In my opinion Carrie Underwood is far from karaoke. She's taken home multiple female vocalist awards from the CMA, ACM, and the Grammys. (Three from each according to Wikipedia). Also she's had many #1 songs, and is even entertainer of the year. She can sing anything from rock to country.

That may be true, but you don't need a reality show to gain popularity. That is a joke. So many bands build a fanbase from touring constantly, MySpace, Facebook, etc. Carrie Underwood is overrated IMO.

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_wfreeck_*
post May 20 2009, 07:45 PM
Post #17

Guests

QUOTE(starsinmysky @ May 20 2009, 09:38 PM) *
That may be true, but you don't need a reality show to gain popularity. That is a joke. So many bands build a fanbase from touring constantly, MySpace, Facebook, etc. Carrie Underwood is overrated IMO.

If you have raw talent, it will be discovered by the public at one point or another. There's no need to commercialize the entire process. All the great singers from the past didn't have American Idol or Dancing with the Stars with all the sound board editing or camera effects. Many of them were discovered on inner city street corners (randomly). These type of shows are nothing but money makers for the CEOs at FOX, ABC, CBS or NBC. They're just dumb and a waste of scheduling space (IMO). rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by wfreeck: May 20 2009, 07:47 PM

+Quote Post
post May 20 2009, 07:50 PM
Post #18

Guests

QUOTE(wfreeck @ May 20 2009, 08:45 PM) *
If you have raw talent, it will be discovered by the public at one point or another. There's no need to commercialize the entire process. All the great singers from the past didn't have American Idol or Dancing with the Stars with all the sound board editing or camera effects. Many of them were discovered on inner city street corners (randomly). These type of shows are nothing but money makers for the CEOs at FOX, ABC, CBS or NBC. They're just dumb (IMO). rolleyes.gif

Yep, for once I agree with you. What irks me is how many people actually show up to audition. Some of them are terrible, and yet they think they have talent. What is the point of American Idol? Alright, it's brought some success to someone like Chris Daughtry or Carrie Underwood. But Americans seem to tire and bore very easily. Today's talent is tomorrow's old news. It's a joke to me, and they are nothing but money makers for the CEO's of these networks.

They're just dumb and Americans seem to eat this stuff up. Manipulation by entertainment. Fascinating. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
bubbles
post May 21 2009, 09:16 AM
Post #19

Well, the winner was Kris.

Did anybody see the performance with Adam and KISS? So awesome! smile.gif

--------------------
Nobody enjoys a red X.

+Quote Post
The Goombah
post May 21 2009, 09:17 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 13,725

QUOTE(starsinmysky @ May 20 2009, 08:50 PM) *
Yep, for once I agree with you. What irks me is how many people actually show up to audition. Some of them are terrible, and yet they think they have talent. What is the point of American Idol? Alright, it's brought some success to someone like Chris Daughtry or Carrie Underwood. But Americans seem to tire and bore very easily. Today's talent is tomorrow's old news. It's a joke to me, and they are nothing but money makers for the CEO's of these networks.

They're just dumb and Americans seem to eat this stuff up. Manipulation by entertainment. Fascinating. rolleyes.gif

OMG a business trying to make money? ? That is so unmainstream it is not even cool. Their business is to entertain us, why is that wrong?

I know you are in to the indie scene, but does that make mainstream wrong?

--------------------
Accuweather Fantasy Football commish!

Owner of THE GOOMBAH!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 06:02 AM