Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

24 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Everything WWE
hckyplayer8
post Jun 2 2009, 11:06 AM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 16,148

This is made for those WWE nuts out there in the EE world. Yes we know its fake, and no we don't care. So please don't come in and start a war thanks.

What match are you all looking forward to at extreme rules?

--------------------
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are of my own and do not reflect the views of the USAF.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gloryboy1417
post Jun 2 2009, 12:47 PM
Post #2

Group: SuperModerator
Member No.: 12,780

QUOTE(hckyplayer8 @ Jun 2 2009, 12:06 PM) *
This is made for those WWE nuts out there in the EE world. Yes we know its fake, and no we don't care. So please don't come in and start a war thanks.

Since when is it fake laugh.gif just kidding.

Well even though I am not getting it on pay per view. I will say Orton vs Batista. The Animal is going to maul Orton.

--------------------
Kevin
Eastern Berks Fire Department
Bally Community Ambulance

+Quote Post
hckyplayer8
post Jun 2 2009, 12:56 PM
Post #3

I will be at Pocono so I'll miss it but I'm looking forward to that and the Ladder match. Go Hardy!

--------------------
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are of my own and do not reflect the views of the USAF.

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_wfreeck_*
post Jun 2 2009, 01:28 PM
Post #4

Guests

QUOTE(hckyplayer8 @ Jun 2 2009, 01:06 PM) *

I love it! biggrin.gif

Though I haven't been watching it as of late.

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_wfreeck_*
post Jun 2 2009, 01:28 PM
Post #5

Guests

QUOTE(hckyplayer8 @ Jun 2 2009, 01:06 PM) *

I love it! biggrin.gif

Though I haven't been watching it as of late. Though I swear I can't tell who has the biggest ego (Orton or MVP).

+Quote Post
cactusjack
post Jun 2 2009, 01:45 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 15,095

QUOTE(wfreeck @ Jun 2 2009, 12:28 PM) *
I love it! biggrin.gif

Though I haven't been watching it as of late. Though I swear I can't tell who has the biggest ego (Orton or MVP).

Man I hate MVP. He is a joke.

I used to always watch RAW, but then my cable broke and the only channel I don't get is USA. The cable company sent me a new box and everything and USA still doesn't work. I did get to catch the 5-5 Lakers vs. Nuggets match though. It was okay.

--------------------
"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there." -John Wooden

"Change is inevitable, except from vending machines." -Unknown

+Quote Post
jericko
post Jun 2 2009, 10:57 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 18,044

QUOTE(cactusjack @ Jun 2 2009, 01:45 PM) *
Man I hate MVP. He is a joke.

I actually think MVP is a pretty decent all-around performer. I don't relate to his gimmick in any way whatsoever, but they're appealing to a demographic with him that I'm just not a part of, and I'm okay with that. smile.gif

As a whole though, Raw is actually at the bottom of the list right now. They just don't have any characters that I get excited about anymore. I've always liked Shawn Michaels, but he's MIA right now. Santino was a can't-miss comedy act, but the formula is broken now, he was best as the cowardly idiot villain.

Smackdown is currently the best wrestling on TV right now-- they've got a strong card, and they're using the people right. TNA Impact ranks two for me (great talent, but they drop the ball with their booking), followed by ECW. ECW doen't matter much, but Christian, Jack Swagger, and now the Hart Dynasty keep me coming back.

Best match on the upcoming PPV? I'm actually looking forward to seeing what CM Punk can do with Umaga, but in the end i'm sure the ladder match will be a show-stealer. If they really wanted to do a killer ladder match to play up on history, they'd do Edge vs Jeff Hardy vs Matt hardy vs Christian, and the story writes itself, forget about the titles in question for a month. I think they dropped the ball by not booking this for Wrestlemania! smile.gif

This post has been edited by jericko: Jun 2 2009, 11:08 PM

+Quote Post
john72ss
post Jun 3 2009, 12:05 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 15,257

umm, what is wwe?

--------------------
Help Save America: Buy American!
NHRA DRAGRACING = 1/4 mile 4.4 seconds
@ 330 mph ... 7000 hp

+Quote Post
jericko
post Jun 3 2009, 12:50 AM
Post #9

QUOTE(john72ss @ Jun 3 2009, 12:05 AM) *
umm, what is wwe?

A touring performance-art group. The initials stand for World Wrestling Entertainment.

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_wfreeck_*
post Jun 3 2009, 05:10 AM
Post #10

Guests

I really haven't seen Smackdown in a while, so I can't say anything about it.

Now the real wrestling fans watch TNA Impact (IMO). That's where over half of the WWE wrestlers moved to in the past 5 years. It may be fake, but it's certainly not as bad as WWE with the worn-out Guerrero-Edge storyline. rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by wfreeck: Jun 3 2009, 05:11 AM

+Quote Post
cactusjack
post Jun 3 2009, 12:48 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(wfreeck @ Jun 3 2009, 04:10 AM) *
I really haven't seen Smackdown in a while, so I can't say anything about it.

Now the real wrestling fans watch TNA Impact (IMO). That's where over half of the WWE wrestlers moved to in the past 5 years. It may be fake, but it's certainly not as bad as WWE with the worn-out Guerrero-Edge storyline. rolleyes.gif

I watch TNA so I can watch Sting. He used to be my favorite on WCW.

And I totally agree on the edge-vicki guerrero thing. I hate edge so anything he does I don't like. I heard he is the champ right now. Is this true?

--------------------
"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there." -John Wooden

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_wfreeck_*
post Jun 3 2009, 03:13 PM
Post #12

Guests

QUOTE(cactusjack @ Jun 3 2009, 02:48 PM) *

And I totally agree on the edge-vicki guerrero thing. I hate edge so anything he does I don't like. I heard he is the champ right now. Is this true?

He's been the champion for a while.

+Quote Post
jericko
post Jun 3 2009, 11:02 PM
Post #13

Villains are, by nature, pretty cool. And so for the pro-wrestling to work, wrestling villains have to find a way to be effective without being cool and stealing heat away from the hero. Edge could easily be getting the cheers right now... in fact, in Edge's first heel run alongside Christian, the two were getting cheered. It's a fine line that Edge has learned to walk, setting ego aside. I think he's one of wrestling's greatest main-event villains.

And it's more accurate to say he's been champion "off and on" for awhile. They keep wanting to send the fans home happy, so Edge keeps losing the title. But the formula of the villain on top with the hero trying to take him down is easy to write for, so they keep putting the belt back on him, which I think hurts things in the long run. Edge is now a 9-time champion.

To elaborate further on TNA, I think they have some great talent. I just think they rely too much on guys that were established outside of TNA, when they have some pretty great home-grown talent. In 2009 the main event guys have been Kurt Angle, Sting, Jeff Jarrett, and Mick Foley. Styles and Joe should be getting more of those spots. Jarrett and Foley as duelling bosses got old real fast, was the biggest turn-off to the show in a long time. The highlight for TNA for me has been The Beautiful People. And not just because of Velvet Sky tongue.gif .. they've been two of the most interesting villains in the history of women's wrestling. TNA's emphasis on tag team wrestling has been a great thing as well.

One thing about TNA that has really impressed me, that you probably don't hear others talking about much, is the booking of Eric Young. From splitting off with Team Canada, to the conspiracy shtick, to Jeff Jarretts buddy, to Super Eric (okay, that was a misstep), to confident Eric, to bitter, angry Eric... just when I think the guy's outlived his usefulness, he gets reinvented and made interesting again. I've always liked the guy, and hope the current character will help him find that missing piece that will keep him relevent for the next decade.

This post has been edited by jericko: Jun 4 2009, 02:39 AM

+Quote Post
hckyplayer8
post Jun 4 2009, 09:46 AM
Post #14

QUOTE(cactusjack @ Jun 3 2009, 02:48 PM) *

QUOTE(jericko @ Jun 4 2009, 01:02 AM) *
Villains are, by nature, pretty cool. And so for the pro-wrestling to work, wrestling villains have to find a way to be effective without being cool and stealing heat away from the hero. Edge could easily be getting the cheers right now... in fact, in Edge's first heel run alongside Christian, the two were getting cheered. It's a fine line that Edge has learned to walk, setting ego aside. I think he's one of wrestling's greatest main-event villains.

And it's more accurate to say he's been champion "off and on" for awhile. They keep wanting to send the fans home happy, so Edge keeps losing the title. But the formula of the villain on top with the hero trying to take him down is easy to write for, so they keep putting the belt back on him, which I think hurts things in the long run. Edge is now a 9-time champion.

To elaborate further on TNA, I think they have some great talent. I just think they rely too much on guys that were established outside of TNA, when they have some pretty great home-grown talent. In 2009 the main event guys have been Kurt Angle, Sting, Jeff Jarrett, and Mick Foley. Styles and Joe should be getting more of those spots. Jarrett and Foley as duelling bosses got old real fast, was the biggest turn-off to the show in a long time. The highlight for TNA for me has been The Beautiful People. And not just because of Velvet Sky tongue.gif .. they've been two of the most interesting villains in the history of women's wrestling. TNA's emphasis on tag team wrestling has been a great thing as well.

One thing about TNA that has really impressed me, that you probably don't hear others talking about much, is the booking of Eric Young. From splitting off with Team Canada, to the conspiracy shtick, to Jeff Jarretts buddy, to Super Eric (okay, that was a misstep), to confident Eric, to bitter, angry Eric... just when I think the guy's outlived his usefulness, he gets reinvented and made interesting again. I've always liked the guy, and hope the current character will help him find that missing piece that will keep him relevent for the next decade.

I agree. Edge is doing his job and doing his job well if you hate him so much. I actually like edge but being a heel it is tough to root for him as he continually screws over the faces I like. When he made his come back at SS in the triple threat Edge got as big or bigger pop than Hardy got when he came out. Edge is a tremendous athlete and outside of Orton, is the top heel in WWE.

One guy I totally dislike is Cena. I hate his character. I hate his outfit. I hate how he acts. Which is sadly not of his doing. It is the WWE board of directors who continually try to force feed their new "Rock". WWE, I know the Rock leaving was a huge blow, but get over it. Cena is not and will NEVER be the next Rock.

--------------------

+Quote Post
uc_bearcats
post Jun 4 2009, 11:00 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 16,929

my neighboors are upsesed wtih it,

+Quote Post
cactusjack
post Jun 4 2009, 02:40 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(hckyplayer8 @ Jun 4 2009, 08:46 AM) *
I agree. Edge is doing his job and doing his job well if you hate him so much. I actually like edge but being a heel it is tough to root for him as he continually screws over the faces I like. When he made his come back at SS in the triple threat Edge got as big or bigger pop than Hardy got when he came out. Edge is a tremendous athlete and outside of Orton, is the top heel in WWE.

One guy I totally dislike is Cena. I hate his character. I hate his outfit. I hate how he acts. Which is sadly not of his doing. It is the WWE board of directors who continually try to force feed their new "Rock". WWE, I know the Rock leaving was a huge blow, but get over it. Cena is not and will NEVER be the next Rock.

That's true. If Edge did leave I'd have no one to root against.

The Rock?! Man I'm still buimmed out about Stone Cold. I did love when he stunnered The Trump in the billionaire match-up. We all saw it coming, but it was still awesome.

--------------------

+Quote Post
hckyplayer8
post Jun 4 2009, 06:41 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(cactusjack @ Jun 4 2009, 04:40 PM) *

The Rock?! Man I'm still buimmed out about Stone Cold. I did love when he stunnered The Trump in the billionaire match-up. We all saw it coming, but it was still awesome.

Austin was NEVER the face The Rock was. Austin had his times of being loved and his times of being booed. The issue with WWE today is Vince has pushed for this TV-PG rating even though little kids are not what made the "attitude era" what it was. Bring back the insane all out heck and you bring back the hype.

--------------------

+Quote Post
hckyplayer8
post Jun 7 2009, 10:11 PM
Post #18

If anybody missed it CM Punk turned heel tonight after cashing in money in the bank to jip Hardy of a hard fought win.

I understand the need for more top notch heel characters but you would think they would treat Hardy better. dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kywx88
post Jun 8 2009, 11:30 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 14,857

QUOTE(cactusjack @ Jun 4 2009, 04:40 PM) *

Austin is somebody you will never see in ring again. The guy is almost crippled. Alothough I liked it when he was the "sheriff" of RAW laugh.gif

+Quote Post
kywx88
post Jun 8 2009, 11:32 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 14,857

If anybody knows who won the Big show/Cena match, and the Batista/orton match?

+Quote Post

24 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 06:00 PM