Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

24 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Everything WWE
hckyplayer8
post Jun 8 2009, 12:00 PM
Post #21

Group: Member
Member No.: 16,148

QUOTE(kywx88 @ Jun 8 2009, 01:32 PM) *
If anybody knows who won the Big show/Cena match, and the Batista/orton match?

Cena of course. dry.gif Show owned the match and Cena won with like 5 moves. rolleyes.gif

Batista. Idiotic WWE writers put this match BEFORE the World Title Match. This match lasted all but 10 mins and was very anti- climatic to what this feud has been through.

Word is Batista suffered another legit injury during a house show and will drop the title tonight on RAW in order to go into surgery again.

--------------------
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are of my own and do not reflect the views of the USAF.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hckyplayer8
post Jun 8 2009, 10:59 PM
Post #22

QUOTE(hckyplayer8 @ Jun 8 2009, 02:00 PM) *
Cena of course. dry.gif Show owned the match and Cena won with like 5 moves. rolleyes.gif

Batista. Idiotic WWE writers put this match BEFORE the World Title Match. This match lasted all but 10 mins and was very anti- climatic to what this feud has been through.

Word is Batista suffered another legit injury during a house show and will drop the title tonight on RAW in order to go into surgery again.

As expected Batista dropped the title tonight after an attack by legacy that supposedly broke Daves arm.

Raw needed another top face and got it with the return of the king, triple h. Hunter returned and destroyed Legacy with his sludge hammer and slayed the Viper. The intense rivalry that the Batista vs Orton feud didn't have is back. Hopefully the writers do something good as this feud can be huge.

--------------------
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are of my own and do not reflect the views of the USAF.

+Quote Post
gloryboy1417
post Jun 8 2009, 11:06 PM
Post #23

Group: SuperModerator
Member No.: 12,780

QUOTE(hckyplayer8 @ Jun 8 2009, 11:59 PM) *
As expected Batista dropped the title tonight after an attack by legacy that supposedly broke Daves arm.

Raw needed another top face and got it with the return of the king, triple h. Hunter returned and destroyed Legacy with his sludge hammer and slayed the Viper. The intense rivalry that the Batista vs Orton feud didn't have is back. Hopefully the writers do something good as this feud can be huge.

"Time to play the Game" biggrin.gif

--------------------
Kevin
Eastern Berks Fire Department
Bally Community Ambulance

+Quote Post
esimon
post Jun 9 2009, 07:57 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 12,803

Been a fan since the late 70's with the old AWA smile.gif

I was waiting and expecting another lame ending last night with Batista dropping the belt without showing up and Orton getting it. Have to say....I marked out over the finish. HHH beating the *bleep* out of Orton was a good angle (and fun to cheer for smile.gif ). I'm actually looking forward to seeing what they will do next week with the promised title match now. This was a good angle to cover for Batista's tendon injury.

Last night's show was overall pretty good, and the PPV was good too, all in all. A few lame matches, but what WWE show doesn't have a few of those. IMHO the bookers changed some focus over the weekend and so far, I like it.

+Quote Post
hckyplayer8
post Jun 9 2009, 12:35 PM
Post #25

QUOTE(esimon @ Jun 9 2009, 09:57 AM) *
Been a fan since the late 70's with the old AWA smile.gif

I was waiting and expecting another lame ending last night with Batista dropping the belt without showing up and Orton getting it. Have to say....I marked out over the finish. HHH beating the *bleep* out of Orton was a good angle (and fun to cheer for smile.gif ). I'm actually looking forward to seeing what they will do next week with the promised title match now. This was a good angle to cover for Batista's tendon injury.

Last night's show was overall pretty good, and the PPV was good too, all in all. A few lame matches, but what WWE show doesn't have a few of those. IMHO the bookers changed some focus over the weekend and so far, I like it.

I agree. WWE has the look of trying to turn it around.

The angle last night with HHH returning and beating the trash out of Orton was well written (although I was cheering for a pedigree through the announcers table).

The following contains a spoiler
Ric Flair looks to be in the near process of signing a long term contract with WWE and will most likely announced the new GM of RAW next monday

--------------------

+Quote Post
MorbidBullet
post Jun 9 2009, 02:15 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 18,378

I hope this means Edge (not much hope, but still, I hope) will be turning face again.

Also, I'm new here, so hi. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
hckyplayer8
post Jun 9 2009, 03:39 PM
Post #27

QUOTE(MorbidBullet @ Jun 9 2009, 04:15 PM) *
I hope this means Edge (not much hope, but still, I hope) will be turning face again.

Also, I'm new here, so hi. biggrin.gif

Welcome dude. cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jericko
post Jun 9 2009, 11:06 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 18,044

QUOTE(esimon @ Jun 9 2009, 07:57 AM) *
This was a good angle to cover for Batista's tendon injury.

A better way would have been to have broken Batista's arm at the PPV, either before or during the match. Which would have meant one less title change plus you can bring it up the next time WWE has a cage match to sell how dangerous they are. Titles are changing hands far too frequently again. mad.gif

This post has been edited by jericko: Jun 9 2009, 11:09 PM

+Quote Post
hckyplayer8
post Jun 10 2009, 05:38 PM
Post #29

QUOTE(jericko @ Jun 10 2009, 01:06 AM) *
A better way would have been to have broken Batista's arm at the PPV, either before or during the match. Which would have meant one less title change plus you can bring it up the next time WWE has a cage match to sell how dangerous they are. Titles are changing hands far too frequently again. mad.gif

I don't mind it. But they need to stop giving them to the same people. Tommy Dreamer finally received his and that was because his contract was about up and they wanted him to stay. Kane, Taker, Jerihico, HBK, Hardy and many more deserve to win or at least be main contenders.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jericko
post Jun 10 2009, 11:49 PM
Post #30

QUOTE(hckyplayer8 @ Jun 10 2009, 05:38 PM) *
Kane, Taker, Jerihico, HBK, Hardy and many more deserve to win or at least be main contenders.

Three of those five you mentioned aren't even active right now. laugh.gif Jericho and both Hardys (not sure which one you meant) have both had title runs in the last year, so it seems like they would be "the same" guys again!

So Punk has one belt, and the whee website says the other title is up for grabs in a four-way between Cena, Big Show, HHH, and Orton. How's that sitting with you?

I fully support Jericho as champion, Punk may just be a way of transitioning the belt from Edge to Jericho.

This post has been edited by jericko: Jun 11 2009, 12:29 AM

+Quote Post
hckyplayer8
post Jun 11 2009, 01:24 AM
Post #31

QUOTE(jericko @ Jun 11 2009, 01:49 AM) *
Three of those five you mentioned aren't even active right now. laugh.gif Jericho and both Hardys (not sure which one you meant) have both had title runs in the last year, so it seems like they would be "the same" guys again!

So Punk has one belt, and the whee website says the other title is up for grabs in a four-way between Cena, Big Show, HHH, and Orton. How's that sitting with you?

I fully support Jericho as champion, Punk may just be a way of transitioning the belt from Edge to Jericho.

I know sad.gif . I miss taker and hbk. Both Jericho's and Hardy's title runs lasted all but a couple weeks. The fatal four way sounds awesome.

--------------------

+Quote Post
gloryboy1417
post Jun 11 2009, 01:55 AM
Post #32

Group: SuperModerator
Member No.: 12,780

QUOTE(hckyplayer8 @ Jun 11 2009, 02:24 AM) *
I know sad.gif . I miss taker and hbk. Both Jericho's and Hardy's title runs lasted all but a couple weeks. The fatal four way sounds awesome.

Taker is awesome, at least we still have the Divas wink.gif

--------------------
Kevin
Eastern Berks Fire Department
Bally Community Ambulance

+Quote Post
jericko
post Jun 11 2009, 02:07 AM
Post #33

QUOTE(hckyplayer8 @ Jun 11 2009, 01:24 AM) *

When you come right down to it. Orton and Edge have really been the defacto champions for the last months even when they haven't held the belt, because the belt was always going to come back to them. "Hero chasing the belt" is just too easy to write for, as evidenced by the fact that there hasn't been a successful face champion since I-don't-remember-when. The runs are usually forgettable. The current writers just don't have the chops for it. Heck, even Steve Austin never had a long run as world champion.

Whatever they do, the belt will probably go back to Orton before the year is out. Jericho seems to be in the right place for a long (series of) runs; he and Edge seem to be equals on the WWE totem pole, whereas on Raw he took a back seat to Orton.

This post has been edited by jericko: Jun 11 2009, 02:08 AM

+Quote Post
MorbidBullet
post Jun 11 2009, 06:59 AM
Post #34

Member No.: 18,378

Ugh, it's pretty sad when I'm (as of the past couple years) more interested in who's US/Intercon champ.

Seriously, though, Kingston has no business being champ. He has some skill, but he's no where near good enough to be a title holder, or played up as much as he is.

+Quote Post
hckyplayer8
post Jun 11 2009, 04:54 PM
Post #35

QUOTE(jericko @ Jun 11 2009, 04:07 AM) *
When you come right down to it. Orton and Edge have really been the defacto champions for the last months even when they haven't held the belt, because the belt was always going to come back to them. "Hero chasing the belt" is just too easy to write for, as evidenced by the fact that there hasn't been a successful face champion since I-don't-remember-when. The runs are usually forgettable. The current writers just don't have the chops for it. Heck, even Steve Austin never had a long run as world champion.

Whatever they do, the belt will probably go back to Orton before the year is out. Jericho seems to be in the right place for a long (series of) runs; he and Edge seem to be equals on the WWE totem pole, whereas on Raw he took a back seat to Orton.

Orton, HHH, and Edge are indeed the three that have held the belts longest. Hardy, Batista, HHH and CM Punk(first title) have been successful title holders, although only one of those (HHH) has held the belt through more than one PPV. The problem with the writers is that they are now bond by this stupid TV PG rating and can't bring the brutality that the WWF of old did. While it is getting better (I don't see how they are keeping the TVPG rating that they are) they still can't go all out.

Another thing is the acting. 3/4 of the wrestlers have absouetly no mic skills.
Orton, HHH, Edge, Miz, Santino, and HBK are pretty much the only one's that come to mind that can talk the talk.

--------------------

+Quote Post
hckyplayer8
post Jun 11 2009, 04:55 PM
Post #36

QUOTE(gloryboy1417 @ Jun 11 2009, 03:55 AM) *
Taker is awesome, at least we still have the Divas wink.gif

Don't get me started. rolleyes.gif

For some reason the GF isn't as crazy over them as I am. blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
hckyplayer8
post Jul 9 2009, 04:20 PM
Post #37

Edge has torn his Achilles tendon. He expected to miss well over a year. Wonder how they will drop the unified tag team belts from Edge and Jericho.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jericko
post Jul 9 2009, 06:03 PM
Post #38

I don't think you could even walk with an injury like that. I would guess we'd go to shocking backstage footage of Edge lying on the ground after being laid out by whoever's going to take the title from Jericho, now partnerless. Most likely Rhodes and Dibiase.

Or if there's a guy at that level not busy right now, we find out the guy that took out Edge is the person that Jericho has selected to replace him. Christian would be sweet. Carlito would be an interesting choice. Or maybe you use could use this to elevate Swagger.

+Quote Post
hckyplayer8
post Jul 9 2009, 06:19 PM
Post #39

QUOTE(jericko @ Jul 9 2009, 08:03 PM) *
I don't think you could even walk with an injury like that. I would guess we'd go to shocking backstage footage of Edge lying on the ground after being laid out by whoever's going to take the title from Jericho, now partnerless. Most likely Rhodes and Dibiase.

Or if there's a guy at that level not busy right now, we find out the guy that took out Edge is the person that Jericho has selected to replace him. Christian would be sweet. Carlito would be an interesting choice. Or maybe you use could use this to elevate Swagger.

Christian would be amazing. Then maybe through Christian in the title mix and have Edge make a shocking return to screw Christian out of the title and set up a historic feud between them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jericko
post Jul 9 2009, 07:40 PM
Post #40

Any excuse to get Christian on one of the majors. But after being passed up in both the draft and the trade, I think he's serving purgatory of sorts if he couldn't make it out to save the Raw main event scene in this last trade.

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 06:06 PM